• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your responses!

Makes me feel more comfortable while making plans for the future.  Knowing that it is a possibility and not an outright 'no'.

Cheers,
Katrina

Hello Army People,

I am hoping to get into ROTP program in the fall of 2014 for the 2014-15 year, but I want to be a nurse as my job and take nursing at Queens to do so. I want to do the civilian university option instead of RMC. Would they consider me attending Queens before RMC or would they want me to go to RMC? Do I even get a say in the matter? If I put nursing as my first option then I will require a nursing degree to do that job, and since RMC doesn't offer nursing would they just send me to Queens?

Thanks

Oh and just pretend I've already been accepted to Queens Nursing.

If you're accepted into ROTP for nursing, they have to send you to civvy U since RMC doesn't offer the required education.

What are some RMC approved ROTP sponsored civilian universities? Do they have to be in Ontario, or can they just be in one's home province?

I believe that any accredited university would be "approved" for ROTP.

And no, you do not have to attend a university in Ontario.

I went to my Recruiting Office and they told me that I can only find the application for RMC (ROTP) online. And I've looked, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Find the RMC homepage, then look for admissions.

At least, that's what I'd do...

AWESOME.TACOS said:
I went to my Recruiting Office and they told me that I can only find the application for RMC (ROTP) online. And I've looked, but I cannot find it anywhere.

First of all, you have to submit an online application to join the CF as an Officer under the ROTP program.  Once you apply "on-line" you will be sent an email and provided with a "link" to the RMC Portal which will allow you to "upload" your academic transcripts for assessment.

Thank you everyone, but another question. How do you make an account? I got a confirmation email saying that I need to log on to the RMC website and send in all my necessary documents. I don't know how to even make an account. All I was given was a applicant code, but not any account information.

AWESOME.TACOS said:
Thank you everyone, but another question. How do you make an account? I got a confirmation email saying that I need to log on to the RMC website and send in all my necessary documents. I don't know how to even make an account. All I was given was a applicant code, but not any account information.

From what I understand, the RMC Portal has been closed down for the year and won't be re-opened until probably Aug-Sep. 

Other than that, you may want to email jobs@forces.ca and ask them just to be on the safe side.

DAA said:
From what I understand, the RMC Portal has been closed down for the year and won't be re-opened until probably Aug-Sep. 

That's most likely the case! If I recall correctly, the recruiting centres won't even accept a hard copy application until that time.

It was suggested that I change the title of this thread to ROTP 2014-2015. With the time for applying steadily approaching, it was a good idea to get things started! Post your progress, the occupation you are applying for and any questions regarding this year's ROTP. Please do not ask any of us if you are competitive or not. WE DON'T KNOW. What you CAN do and what I encourage you to do is post your grades/extra-curriculars so others can compare themselves to you and vice-versa. I can't wait to finally start the process! ;D

Occupations:
1. Pilot

High School average: 92%
Extra-curriculars: cadets, flight training, soccer, hockey, duke of ed, part-time job 

Good luck to all the applicants this year.  I can tell you from experience its the best feeling ever to get that phone call saying you gotin. 

Alex10370:

What did your application look like in regards to its competitiveness?

What sort of advice would you give to others?

I'll be applying this year! Applying for engineering of some sort, and for trades I'm applying for Pilot, ACSO, and haven't figured out a third yet.

a.schamb said:
I'll be applying this year! Applying for engineering of some sort,

Have you thought about the aeronautical engineering degree? If you're applying for pilot or ACSO it should be an interesting degree for you. Thats the degree I'm applying for as well.

teabag87 said:
Alex10370:

What did your application look like in regards to its competitiveness?

What sort of advice would you give to others?

I had an average of mid to high 70s in high school, was in cadets and volunteered with my local police department.

The biggest piece of advice I would give to a perspective applicant is to make sure you are successful not only in regards to how you look on paper, but how you perform in your CFAT and more importantly your interview.  As well, remember they are looking for well roundness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back