• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't assume.. ask them why.  My understanding is that as long as you meet the minimum indicated in the RMC requirements your application moves forward. If you do not have the required courses or it does not, it logically does not. Marks and overall average depends on the program you are applying for and the others also competing for it.  Marks though have to be competitive and they use the average from grade 10 we were told.  I doubt that any average below 80 or very high 70's would be competitive... but you will not know unless you find out why yours is not moving forward and if you are able to solve...apply.

I would think that they would look at your most recent completed marks. Those coming from Grade 11 and updated Grade 12 marks. Any reason why they look more at your Grade 10 marks?

Sorry if not clear.. they look at your marks and average from grade 10 (onward) Grade 10, 11 and 12.  Son's both advised of average over this time period and that it would be what would be used going forward.

Hello guys , I need help with apply to the ROTP , So i called the recurting centre and they told me to apply online. I also read that the deadline is 15th for ROTP applications so i need to get this done now. Anyways i went to the apply online site , http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#applynow-7
And then it brings me to a new page when the GCkey login , So i registered for one , and login and got to here.  http://i46.tinypic.com/21l34ug.jpg I click continue , at the bottom of the page , and then it says

Authentication Failure

Authentication with SecureKey Concierge or Government of Canada's GCKey service was not successful. Please retry or select an alternate credential.

I need help ! What am I doing wrong  ?

Save yourself the trouble and go to your recruiting centre and ask for all of the necessary paperwork. Here is a link to the academic questionnaire that you will need to fill out.

https://moodle.rmc.ca/php_apps/forms/index.php/en/admission/application/index/435962705636434f4a694f4d47237a763f5272214d717d422e27507a6d

Please note that this forum has a specific place to post about ROTP etc. Find it, and make use of it.

Cheers

Ohh thanks ! So do I just print this out , scale all of it , Submit and thats basically how i'm applyling online? Or should I be bringing the documents to a recruiting centre , because I called and they said online is the fastest. In addition , it says i need to scan my transcript , but my grade 12 year hasn't been over yet , I still have Jan - June to finish and my top 6 courses are going to be complete in that time. So do I give them a copy anyways ? Because my first semester grades right now aren't at it's best.

The academic questionnaire needs to be passed in online, that is how I sent mine in as the recruiters told me that this is necessary. As for your transcript, you send one in to the recruiting center and they have to make it official. You in turn take that copy and send it out. As the year progresses on and your first semester is completed you then update them with your new transcript.

On the site mld has provided , how do I get an Applicant Number . It says it will be provided for me ?

blcbandit said:
The academic questionnaire needs to be passed in online.

A hard copy works just as well for them. That is what I ended up doing!

I am a CT ROTP - senior applicant for NURSING OFFICER
Finished my interview & all those procedures at early mid FEB
Month after I called the CFRC asking them if i am merit listed or not. But all they could tell me is that my score is pretty competitive.
I also called my CT manager, she told me that my files are in CFRG Borden and she is unable to tell me .

Questions
1. So when are they supposed to inform you if you're merit listed or not? and How?(by email? phone?)
2. Who am I supposed to ask to know if i am merit listed or not?
3. Anyone have an idea of what date the scheduled selection starts?

THANK YOU~

oscarmu272508823 said:
I am a CT ROTP - senior applicant for NURSING OFFICER
Finished my interview & all those procedures at early mid FEB
Month after I called the CFRC asking them if i am merit listed or not. But all they could tell me is that my score is pretty competitive.
I also called my CT manager, she told me that my files are in CFRG Borden and she is unable to tell me .

Questions
1. So when are they supposed to inform you if you're merit listed or not? and How?(by email? phone?)
3. Anyone have an idea of what date the scheduled selection starts?

THANK YOU~

If you didn't get your answers through the official channels you pursued, than I highly doubt you're going to do any better searching on an internet forum; besides, if you did get answers here, why would you trust them at all, if even people handling your application couldn't answer your questions?

Many of us understand the anxiety that comes with waiting to hear the decision on your application, but there's not a whole lot we can do for you.

Good luck

oscarmu272508823 said:

Recruiting, generally doesn't go out of it's way to inform anyone if they are merit listed.  And as you are CT/ROTP, the people making the final call, would be either RMC or the MA for your occupation IIRC

Your CT broker is your point of contact, any information about your status, when it becomes available will be sent to them. CFRG just handles the paper work, they don't make decisions involving CTs. See CF MIL PERS INSTR 0308 for how everything (is supposed to) work.

I have tried using the search function but have come up empty.

I have been accepted into the ROTP program for Nursing and will be attending Civi U.  Would I be allowed to take a part-time job?

Cheers,
Katrina

nursekatrina said:
Are we allowed to work part time to supplement our income while going through ROTP?

"I am not too familiar with the ROTP entry plan but would he be allowed to find a part time job while he is in school to supplement his cadet salary?"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/102378/post-1073279.html#msg1073279

nursekatrina said:
So I have used the search funtion but have come up with nothing.

Are we allowed to work part time to supplement our income while going through ROTP?

Thanks in advance!

nursekatrina,

I think you may want to slightly "rephrase" your  original question above.  From what I can see and based on your previous posts your question should look something like this:

"I have been accepted into the ROTP program for Nursing and will be attending Civi U.  Would I be allowed to take a part-time job?"

Just trying to help before you get "stomped" on...

Depends on the Base/CoC. Approval is granted on an individual basis. Generally (from my experience and that of other ROTP Ocdts at my Civi U)  all it takes is a memo explaining why you need it, what that particular job does for you and how it will make you a better soldier.

I have a part-time job that I work evenings and some weekends, with the conditions that it doesn't affect my grades or interfere with the needs of the CF.

DAA, thank you.  I have adjusted my original post accordingly.  :)

I am currently and LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RPN (in Ontario).  My hope is to work casual or part-time to help things financially as I will be taking a substantial pay cut during my 4 years of University.

I hope I will be able to get it approved as it will keep my nursing skills as fresh as possible and aid me in my future role as a RN with the forces.

Cheers,
Katrina

nursekatrina said:
DAA, thank you.  I have adjusted my original post accordingly.  :)

I am currently and LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RPN (in Ontario).  My hope is to work casual or part-time to help things financially as I will be taking a substantial pay cut during my 4 years of University.

I hope I will be able to get it approved as it will keep my nursing skills as fresh as possible and aid me in my future role as a RN with the forces.

Cheers,
Katrina
Once you're enrolled, you will eventually have contact with a ULO (University Liaison Officer) or their clerk; they will be able to provide guidance and will essentially function as your chain of command.  Inform them that you would like to work (some may require a memo, others will be satisfied with an e-mail- depends on your CoC) and it shouldn't be a problem.  I make no guarantees, but based on my experience and that of my peers, having a part time job while attending Civ U is not a problem, provided it doesn't interfere with your studies.

If your marks start to slide and the SEM (subsidized education management) guys in Borden take notice, your job will probably be the first thing to go.

Good luck, and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back