• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messerschmitt said:
I know someone who had 1,5 years left (there was a concern that he might not finish his basic before finishing his degree)

I know someone in a similar situation (3 semesters left to complete his degree), however, this was during the big recruiting push (which is the opposite of where we are at right now), and the individual was going into trade that was red at the time (pilot) with already having his commercial pilot's license with experience, which allowed him to bypass some training.  Not exactly ordinary circumstances.

Messerschmitt said:
It is known that recruiter sometimes have no idea what they are saying.

To be clear, this is what I thought you were full of shit and should STFU about.

But I'm sure you're just going to find some silly way to defend yourself.

PrairieThunder said:

Really. I know 5 or 6 people in my year who were accepted into the ROTP with 1 to 1.5 years remaining of their degree and are currently studying at RMC alongside me.

There's always special circumstances.

When I went through school, the requirement was to have two semesters left at acceptance - meaning applications were submitted with two years remaining. That said,many a waiver was submitted for individuals with less than two semesters.

It's probable the standards have changed since I applied.

scriptox said:
Really. I know 5 or 6 people in my year who were accepted into the ROTP with 1 to 1.5 years remaining of their degree and are currently studying at RMC alongside me.

There's always special circumstances.

What are you studying at RMC? and how are you liking it?

Current OCdt here.

We have everything from ex-Sergeants who've done 3 tours to people that have done 3rd year University already.

You can choose to transfer some credits or start from scratch.

In fact one of my close friends has a degree already and is doing a new one here at RMC.

Age varies from 17 to 35 (no really).

PS: FYOP was fun  ;)

Keep in mind things have changed since I applied/joined, but when I applied as a pilot, I also had a 3 year CPA diploma and was applying to a bunch of 2 year degree articulation programs (BSc - Comp Sci & BBA - Tech Mgmt). When my offer came through, it was for 2 years of subsidization. In the end I went a different route and decided to pursue a 4 year degree, but the option was there.

Once again, things have changed (recruiting demand, criteria, requirements, politics) in the past 4 years, so this may not be the case in today's world. From my personal experience, starting over (while not ideal) wasn't all that bad. My end goal is still the same, and I'll shortly be able to (hopefully) realize it.

Heff18 said:
Keep in mind things have changed since I applied/joined, but when I applied as a pilot, I also had a 3 year CPA diploma and was applying to a bunch of 2 year degree articulation programs (BSc - Comp Sci & BBA - Tech Mgmt). When my offer came through, it was for 2 years of subsidization. In the end I went a different route and decided to pursue a 4 year degree, but the option was there.

Once again, things have changed (recruiting demand, criteria, requirements, politics) in the past 4 years, so this may not be the case in today's world. From my personal experience, starting over (while not ideal) wasn't all that bad. My end goal is still the same, and I'll shortly be able to (hopefully) realize it.

So how long ago was this? and did you start a 4 year degree program from scratch? Are you still going for pilot?

davidc538 said:
So how long ago was this? and did you start a 4 year degree program from scratch? Are you still going for pilot?

4 years. Yes. Yes.

Heff18 said:
4 years. Yes. Yes.

Nice! well I hope you get it. Although I thought you were ineligible for ROTP if you already had a degree suitable for the trade you were applying for. Did they say anything about that?

Hello,

I am a second year B SC. Nursing student at the University of Ottawa. I am applying for the ROTP for 2013. Does anyone have any experience being an upper year student in a civilian university applying to the ROTP for their last 2 years and/or being accepted into the ROTP for Nursing. Anything Nursing related or general comments about the ROTP would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks!!! LC

Hello, I've recently gotten a package in that mail stating that I am not suitable for the ROTP program at Kingston.

It may sound obvious, but is there ANY chance of me becoming suitable? Or is it pretty much done with? I also have a ton of other forms enclosed in the envelope that I have to fill out and send back.

Thanks.

I highly doubt that you can become suitable for ROTP Kingston this year. I am assuming it is either low grade average or not the required courses. In that case I would go to university next year get what ever I needed to get accepted into the ROTP program and make my grade average high so that I can become competitive. However I don't know what you mean by ROTP Kingston. Are you not accepted to the ROTP program period or just the program going to Kingston. You may very well be eligible to attend a Civilian University under the ROTP program. However I don't want to spread false hope so with that said I would do as I said in the beginning.

It just says that on the letter they sent me, along with other enclosed forms for me to fill out. And I believe it is the low grade point average, because my math is currently bringing me down, and what grade would make me competitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back