• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul_Ontario said:
Anyone hear back from their CFRC's yet?
Some of the CFRCs (including Hamilton) have received word but they haven't contacted people yet.

Hi, this is my first time posting anything so forgive me if I make a few errors.

I'm 16 years old right now and I'm still in grade 11. From what I've read so far, I should enroll as soon as I get into grade 12. (September 2014)

1.) Pilot
2.) AEC
3.) ASCO

Here's the problem: I lack volunteering experiences and extra curricular activities. Why? It's because I was in the "I don't care about anything" phase which I recently got out of a few months ago (thank goodness) and I'm finally getting my life in order. I'm in need of some serious catching up though.

Sadly, I only have 2 volunteering experiences.

1.) First Aid and CPR volunteer for the Zombie Survivor 5km Marathon.
2.) Volunteering to take care of seniors.

I'm going to Japan (my hometown) in the summer so I will not be able to volunteer during the break.

I am not part of any sport teams. I plan to join in grade 12 but that's the thing... I won't even be able to put it on my application for ROTP since I will be applying as soon as I turn grade 12.

I plan to join Duke of Edinburgh Award (Bronze) very soon. I just need to contact them and ask them questions first. I recently joined the air cadets. I'm aware that I'm 2 months late from the starting month but I'm willing to learn quickly.

My question is, should I apply for the ROTP as soon as I start grade 12 anyways? Even if I don't have many volunteering experiences or extra-curricular activities?

Or should I apply after I finish high school in September 2015 so that I can list more volunteering experiences, sports, and other activities such as the French Immersion Program that I intend to take in the summer of 2015.

Thanks everyone.

israfielai said:
Hi, this is my first time posting anything so forgive me if I make a few errors.

I'm 16 years old right now and I'm still in grade 11. From what I've read so far, I should enroll as soon as I get into grade 12. (September 2014)

1.) Pilot
2.) AEC
3.) ASCO

You are correct, that is the best time to apply. Kudos for actually reading other posts before posting yourself too! Very nice to see :cheers:

israfielai said:
Here's the problem: I lack volunteering experiences and extra curricular activities. Why? It's because I was in the "I don't care about anything" phase which I recently got out of a few months ago (thank goodness) and I'm finally getting my life in order. I'm in need of some serious catching up though.

Sadly, I only have 2 volunteering experiences.

1.) First Aid and CPR volunteer for the Zombie Survivor 5km Marathon.
2.) Volunteering to take care of seniors.

I'm going to Japan (my hometown) in the summer so I will not be able to volunteer during the break.

Since it is in fact only November, you have more than enough time to volunteer this year. You could even start tomorrow. Everybody LOVES volunteers. Same goes for the extracurriculars, you can start these whenever you want to.

israfielai said:
I am not part of any sport teams. I plan to join in grade 12 but that's the thing... I won't even be able to put it on my application for ROTP since I will be applying as soon as I turn grade 12.

Again, being that it is November you could definitely join a sports team/club in or outside of school now.

israfielai said:
I plan to join Duke of Edinburgh Award (Bronze) very soon. I just need to contact them and ask them questions first. I recently joined the air cadets. I'm aware that I'm 2 months late from the starting month but I'm willing to learn quickly.

My question is, should I apply for the ROTP as soon as I start grade 12 anyways? Even if I don't have many volunteering experiences or extra-curricular activities?

Or should I apply after I finish high school in September 2015 so that I can list more volunteering experiences, sports, and other activities such as the French Immersion Program that I intend to take in the summer of 2015.

Thanks everyone.

You can most definitely apply at the start of Grade 12. If you get in that's great, if you don't you can reapply after that. Also, if you are really passionate about getting into the CAF, you can continue to apply to ROTP throughout your first 3 years at university. If for whatever reason you do not get in during this time, you can then apply as a DEO.

Goose15 said:
You are correct, that is the best time to apply. Kudos for actually reading other posts before posting yourself too! Very nice to see :cheers:

Since it is in fact only November, you have more than enough time to volunteer this year. You could even start tomorrow. Everybody LOVES volunteers. Same goes for the extracurriculars, you can start these whenever you want to.

Again, being that it is November you could definitely join a sports team/club in or outside of school now.

You can most definitely apply at the start of Grade 12. If you get in that's great, if you don't you can reapply after that. Also, if you are really passionate about getting into the CAF, you can continue to apply to ROTP throughout your first 3 years at university. If for whatever reason you do not get in during this time, you can then apply as a DEO.

Thank you for the reply. You are right about it only being November, I realized I still do have enough time. I talked to my career counselor at school and he gave me a list of volunteer opportunities for youth in Calgary. I decided not to join sport teams IN school but outside, such as biathlon that is offered in the air cadets.

Again, thank you. You answered all of the questions I've been pondering on for weeks.

Tomorrow my school will give me my official mid-term marks, is it possible to send in these marks and how should I do it?
Just for reference my CFRC is Hamilton.

t.robichaud said:
Tomorrow my school will give me my official mid-term marks, is it possible to send in these marks and how should I do it?
Just for reference my CFRC is Hamilton.

Keep copies for yourself and provide the originals to your CFRC.

And make sureeeeeeeeeee, you keep copies for yourself!!!

DAA said:
Keep copies for yourself and provide the originals to your CFRC.

And make sureeeeeeeeeee, you keep copies for yourself!!!

:goodpost:

Well I submitted my academic questionnaire and transcripts tonight.
I don't suppose anybody knows if CFRC Victoria is one of the ones that waits for the academic assessment before doing the CFAT etc?

SarahRad said:
Well I submitted my academic questionnaire and transcripts tonight.
I don't suppose anybody knows if CFRC Victoria is one of the ones that waits for the academic assessment before doing the CFAT etc?

Honestly your best bet is to just give them a call tomorrow. Direct contact will give you the most current information on a CFRCs policies as these could change at any time.

So I called my CFRC two weeks ago and was told the application was still in North Bay. They told me to call back this week. I did, and was told the papers are still stuck in North Bay, and to take up any issue with the CFRVC there. Beyond that, I was told no more information was available.

So have I been rejected? Or is this just another phase of the waiting game?

ZeiGezunt said:
So I called my CFRC two weeks ago and was told the application was still in North Bay. They told me to call back this week. I did, and was told the papers are still stuck in North Bay, and to take up any issue with the CFRVC there. Beyond that, I was told no more information was available.

So have I been rejected? Or is this just another phase of the waiting game?

After you applied online, did you receive the follow up email providing a link and information to RMC, so that you could complete the questionnaire and upload your academic transcripts?

ZeiGezunt said:
Yes, and it was all uploaded.

If that is the case, then the academic assessment would have been done by RMC and returned to Recruiting within 3-4 business days of you completing the upload.  After which, your file would have been transferred out of North Bay to your local CFRC within 2 business days.

Seeing as no one will give you a straight answer, I am thinking that something may have gone wrong.......

So, to be clear-- have I simply been rejected put of hand, or is this an honest-to-goodness kink in the system?

I suppose there could have been problems with the upload of my transcript-- it was large sheet of paper and so required two scans to get the whole thing. Other then that, I'm not sure what I could have forgotten.

ZeiGezunt said:
So, to be clear-- have I simply been rejected put of hand, or is this an honest-to-goodness kink in the system?

I suppose there could have been problems with the upload of my transcript-- it was large sheet of paper and so required two scans to get the whole thing. Other then that, I'm not sure what I could have forgotten.

I believe the process for ROTP hadn't been established at the time you applied, so that probably caused some delays.  I believe it has since been fixed, so try checking with your CFRC sometime next week.

So huh, some of you may remember me from last year, some not, it's not really that important haha. I just had great news, I've been offered a spot as Civilian ROTP at the university of Ottawa based on my application from last year. The spot is for artillery which was my first choice, so I am pretty much over the moon right now.

I honestly don't know how that happened, since I thought I hadn't made it in last year, but I guess someone dropped out or something, and I got their spot.

This was my 3rd application to ROTP, so guys, don't lose heart and good luck!

Went to talk to the recruiters at CFRC Hamilton, they told me they would collect my Mid Term at a later date, though they did book me my aptitude test to write it next week and I might have to do my medical as well if they ask me to do so.

I still have not heard anything since I applied back in October. I got the email asking for the transcript, and proof of citizenship, but nothing concerning the academic questionnaire or part K of the application yet. Do I only fill out these once they have decided to process me? I am somewhat confused as to what exactly the academic questionnaire is. Is it the initial application form I fill out, or is it something I will be given later?

Rams96 said:
I still have not heard anything since I applied. I got the email asking for the transcript, and proof of citizenship, but nothing concerning the academic questionnaire or part K of the application yet. Do I only fill out these once they have decided to process me? I am somewhat confused as to what exactly the academic questionnaire is. Is it the initial application form I fill out, or is it something I will be given later?

If you applied online prior to 1 Nov 13, you would have received an auto-generated email telling you to submit your Birth Cert, Proof of Citizenship and Academic Transcripts to North Bay.  Shortly afterwards, you would have received a second email providing you with further directions and also the link to the RMC Portal.  The academic questionnaire is available at the RMC Portal and this is where you complete the questionnaire and also upload your academic transcripts to RMC.

If you did not get that second email, then something is wrong.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back