• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a.schamb said:
CFRC Kitchener!

London eh? You don't happen to be a DFC pilot do you?

I do fly a diamond, but I live in Windsor. Since CFRC Windsor closed everything has to be done through London. My flight school's called Journey Air, not sure if you've ever heard of them. What school do you fly out of?

StudentPilot23 said:
I do fly a diamond, but I live in Windsor. Since CFRC Windsor closed everything has to be done through London. My flight school's called Journey Air, not sure if you've ever heard of them. What school do you fly out of?

Ah, never heard of Journey Air. I'm flying out of Waterloo-Wellington Flight Centre. Are you licensed yet?

a.schamb said:
Ah, never heard of Journey Air. I'm flying out of Waterloo-Wellington Flight Centre. Are you licensed yet?

I would've been months ago if it weren't for all the stupid delays (weather, maintenance, weather, more weather). I'm only a few flights away from my practice flight test. I was hoping to have this done before school but that's not going to happen  :facepalm: . How about you? Are you licensed?

Quick question, for mailing in Parental Consent to with the other documents, I take it you just fill out Part K of the application form and send that in?

StudentPilot23 said:
I would've been months ago if it weren't for all the stupid delays (weather, maintenance, weather, more weather). I'm only a few flights away from my practice flight test. I was hoping to have this done before school but that's not going to happen  :facepalm: . How about you? Are you licensed?

Oh yeah, I know exactly how that feels  ;). I have my RPP, completed all the requirements for my PPL and will be getting it in November once I turn 17.

a.schamb said:
Quick question, for mailing in Parental Consent to with the other documents, I take it you just fill out Part K of the application form and send that in?

Oh yeah, I know exactly how that feels  ;). I have my RPP, completed all the requirements for my PPL and will be getting it in November once I turn 17.

Yeah, I printed it off and my mom took care of part K. I faxed all my stuff though, and I think you should too just cause it gets there instantly so you don't have any delays.

As far as the licensing goes that's exactly what I'm doing! And my birthday is in November too!

StudentPilot23 said:
Yeah, I printed it off and my mom took care of part K. I faxed all my stuff though, and I think you should too just cause it gets there instantly so you don't have any delays.

As far as the licensing goes that's exactly what I'm doing! And my birthday is in November too!

Alright thanks! And oh man, what are the odds?

a.schamb said:
I am yes. Yourself?

I am as well, although because of my late birthday and the 2 week course/orientation period at RMC, I wasn't able to go for the Power Pilot Scholarship. Found out after getting my student pilot permit that I was ineligible for the Glider Scholarship because I held a student pilot permit  :facepalm:.

StudentPilot23 said:
I am as well, although because of my late birthday and the 2 week course/orientation period at RMC, I wasn't able to go for the Power Pilot Scholarship. Found out after getting my student pilot permit that I was ineligible for the Glider Scholarship because I held a student pilot permit  :facepalm:.

Yeah, that was the same reasoning that caused me to start flying on my own. No regrets though, because now I have some cool flying opportunities coming up, such as a volunteer role as a tow pilot  :)

a.schamb said:
Yeah, that was the same reasoning that caused me to start flying on my own. No regrets though, because now I have some cool flying opportunities coming up, such as a volunteer role as a tow pilot  :)

No way!! How do you sign up for that???

StudentPilot23 said:
No way!! How do you sign up for that???

It'll be at a nearby gliding club, need PPL with 50hrs PIC, Glider Pilots License, and 5hrs tailwheel with a tailwheel check-out.

a.schamb said:
It'll be at a nearby gliding club, need PPL with 50hrs PIC, Glider Pilots License, and 5hrs tailwheel with a tailwheel check-out.

Aww. Don't know if I'll be able to build 50 hours PIC in time and get my glider license. That's a really great opportunity though, and it should be a lot of fun!

StudentPilot23 said:
Aww. Don't know if I'll be able to build 50 hours PIC in time and get my glider license. That's a really great opportunity though, and it should be a lot of fun!

If you already have your PPL, you can get a GPL in 2hrs solo and 1hr dual. That's what I'll be doing.

a.schamb said:
If you already have your PPL, you can get a GPL in 2hrs solo and 1hr dual. That's what I'll be doing.

I should look into getting my GPL. Do you know how much ground instruction is involved?

StudentPilot23 said:
I should look into getting my GPL. Do you know how much ground instruction is involved?

With a PPL, you don't require any ground instruction or a written exam  :)

question for everyone that's applying to ROTP.
I went to talk to a recruiter few days ago to talk about ROTP. Thing is I'm about half way done with my program (going into 2nd or 3rd yr, transfer from different institution and change of major) and have been recommended CEOTP.
From my search it seems CEOTP requires being commissioned and working on my own time to finish the degree. Asked the recruiter which positions are open for CEOTP and he just told me to look on recruiting website. Seems only job that's available for CEOTP at the moment is pilot which I am not really interested in. Has anyone else heard of other options for this program?
The recruiter recommended ROTP for people willing to start fresh from first year if necessary, but with the career choices I want it seems ROTP or DEO is the only way to go.
If ROTP;
Logistics, HCA, Artillery not in any particular order.

As far as I know, CEOTP is being used very sparingly right now, as there's adequate intake from other officer production plans to meet needs (per current forecasts).

Do not rely on CEOTP being available.

I sent my Birth Certificate and Official HS transcripts to the CFVRC about three days ago.

I thought maybe I should be more proactive with my application this time, so I was wondering when would be the appropriate time to follow up my application.

I was thinking within a week maybe. I just don't want it to seem like I'm pestering them and they end up putting my application at the "bottom of the pile".

Thanks guys

baseballfan17 said:
I sent my Birth Certificate and Official HS transcripts to the CFVRC about three days ago.

I thought maybe I should be more proactive with my application this time, so I was wondering when would be the appropriate time to follow up my application.

I was thinking within a week maybe. I just don't want it to seem like I'm pestering them and they end up putting my application at the "bottom of the pile".

Thanks guys

I called them the day after I faxed my documents. Then I called them 3 days later to see if my file was transferred and it was. Follow up after sending in your docs and ask then when a good time to call them would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back