• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent in my questionnaire early to mid September and received my email to book my CFAT on October 5th (although I had already contacted CFRC Kingston and booked it about a week before)

MuddyCross said:
When did you sent in your questionnaire and how long did it take to receive your email for processing?

I uploaded everything and sent it on the 28th of October and received the confirmation that I am eligible for further processing on the 30th of October. I am still waiting for the CFRC Toronto to reply to my email to them now.

Bradford_Maxwell said:
I uploaded everything and sent it on the 28th of October and received the confirmation that I am eligible for further processing on the 30th of October. I am still waiting for the CFRC Toronto to reply to my email to them now.

oh wow, okay that was much faster that I expected. I sent mine in yesterday so hopefully mine has a similar turn around time.

So I will be applying for Intelligence officer and I am still debating about whether to chose pilot as my second option
I know nothing about aviation but it really interests me, can I still apply without any aviation knowledge and still
pass the air crew selection...?  ???

alllleeee said:
Can I still apply without any aviation knowledge and still
pass the air crew selection...?  ???

Yes, I know of a few people who had 0 aviation experience who passed through the selection process. They are not looking for Maverick or Iceman in the simulator. Just listen to instructions and give it your best shot.

For people who are worried about their grades, I am not sure if they want people with the highest average
I know a guy who had 62% average in highschool,but with lots and lots of extra curriculum, volunteer work etc
He now goes to RMC in training to become a pilot.  ::)

alllleeee said:
For people who are worried about their grades, I am not sure if they want people with the highest average
I know a guy who had 62% average in highschool,but with lots and lots of extra curriculum, volunteer work etc
He now goes to RMC in training to become a pilot.  ::)

Two years ago, this could have entirely happened and wouldn't surprise me!  But today, a 62% average won't get you past the first level of review.

DAA said:
Two years ago, this could have entirely happened and wouldn't surprise me!  But today, a 62% average won't get you past the first level of review.

That's what i thought too! but he got in this year actually...that's why i was really confused as well...I had better average than him
almost as much extra curriculum as him but he got selected and i didn't..

DAA said:

On our tour of RMC this summer, we were told that last years academic average was 84%. Our cadet regiment Colonel also said that marks are very important and strive for high eighties of possible. Prepare for the CFAT and the trades for the interview.
Even though problems on the aptitude test (done last week and happy to have qualified for all trades) are based on grade 10 math, it was harder than expected with many time consuming questions in section 3. Best for you to review all of the resources that you can find in preparation of your CFAT.

durhamcadet1 said:
On our tour of RMC this summer, we were told that last years academic average was 84%. Our cadet regiment Colonel also said that marks are very important and strive for high eighties of possible. Prepare for the CFAT and the trades for the interview.
Even though problems on the aptitude test (done last week and happy to have qualified for all trades) are based on grade 10 math, it was harder than expected with many time consuming questions in section 3. Best for you to review all of the resources that you can find in preparation of your CFAT.

How long did it take for them to get back to you with your CFAT results? I took mine two weeks ago and have received an email saying congrats on successful completion of the CFAT we will email you again after we have evaluated your competitiveness.  Unfortunately I don't have much patience so I'm tempted to just go in to my CFRC this week and follow up.

The results for the CFAT were given out before leaving the recruitment center on the same day. The feedback was only in reference to which trades were sufficiently qualified for and not actual marks. I have read in the CFAT FAQ forum that many others had the same experience. A person at the test did not meet the basic requirement for any trades and was told so before leaving. A few days later a email arrived stating that the recruitment center would call to book the medical exam. It seems that your process has been a bit different. I hope that this helps with your question.

I guess so, I was expecting the same experience as you from reading the forums so I just thought they had just changed their policy or something... I guess CFRC Kingston just does it differently. Thanks!

Well I talked to a recruiter today and I'm almost definitely going to be unsuitable for ROTP because I have less than 18 months of school left. (Unless anyone knows of 3rd years being accepted?)
Either way the recruiters advice was to send in my questionnaire anyway to get the official rejection and then assuming that's how it goes down I will apply DEO next year.

I was told that up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years can and have been accepted. However from what I have read and spoken to recruiters you may end up starting in year one. I was told some credits, mainly courses which would be electives at RMC would carry over but things which are core to the RMC academic program I would start back at year 1

Thanks for the reply KerryBlue. I would hope most courses would transfer seeing as both RMC's civil engineering program and my program have to be approved by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (there are really only so many ways to learn about reinforced concrete haha). Civvy U is also my first choice seeing as I'm almost done here, but I suppose I might just have to wait to find out eh!

amayzer said:
Thanks for the reply KerryBlue. I would hope most courses would transfer seeing as both RMC's civil engineering program and my program have to be approved by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (there are really only so many ways to learn about reinforced concrete haha). Civvy U is also my first choice seeing as I'm almost done here, but I suppose I might just have to wait to find out eh!

I forgot to mention that I was told most 2-3 year transfers remain at Civi U, however they have there school payed for under the ROTP program.

KerryBlue said:
I forgot to mention that I was told most 2-3 year transfers remain at Civi U, however they have there school payed for under the ROTP program.
Yeah, I've heard the same but I've also heard a few stories of people who were well into university being accepted to only RMC and starting in pretty much first year as you said.

amayzer said:
Well I talked to a recruiter today and I'm almost definitely going to be unsuitable for ROTP because I have less than 18 months of school left. (Unless anyone knows of 3rd years being accepted?)
Either way the recruiters advice was to send in my questionnaire anyway to get the official rejection and then assuming that's how it goes down I will apply DEO next year.

Your "recruiter" is a bit too presumptuous seeing as they and your CFRC, have no control of who is or who isn't suitable, let alone who is and who isn't selected.  Upload your questionnaire but be sure to complete that document with your best "self"!  You are in fact, selling yourself here, so treat it as though you are applying for a civilian job that you "really really" want!!!

I'm not entirely certain at the moment but as best I can recall, you're eligible to apply for ROTP, provided that you still have at least "one" full academic year remaining in your Civi U degree program.

If your previous grades are top notch, you will no doubt continue with the next step of the process, which will be the CFAT and TSD tests.  DO NOT take the CFAT test for granted and you do need to study for it, so I would suggest you start now!  If you do not get selected for ROTP and subsequently reapply as a DEO applicant, those tests will weigh heavily on your future chances.  No matter how well you did in University.

Good luck!

DAA said:
Your "recruiter" is a bit too presumptuous seeing as they and your CFRC, have no control of who is or who isn't suitable, let alone who is and who isn't selected.  Upload your questionnaire but be sure to complete that document with your best "self"!  You are in fact, selling yourself here, so treat it as though you are applying for a civilian job that you "really really" want!!!

I'm not entirely certain at the moment but as best I can recall, you're eligible to apply for ROTP, provided that you still have at least "one" full academic year remaining in your Civi U degree program.

If your previous grades are top notch, you will no doubt continue with the next step of the process, which will be the CFAT and TSD tests.  DO NOT take the CFAT test for granted and you do need to study for it, so I would suggest you start now!  If you do not get selected for ROTP and subsequently reapply as a DEO applicant, those tests will weigh heavily on your future chances.  No matter how well you did in University.

Thanks for your advice DAA! I will definitely be sending in my best questionnaire possible, just working on the "essay" portion. I have already taken the CFAT when I previously applied but thank you for the information nevertheless.

How long should I wait until I contact my recruiting centre to ask about my academic questionnaire? :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back