• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

For those of you who haven't applied yet, so it ASAP. Waiting crams things and it gets complicated, then you have to worry about scheduling and making the timing. They have to review your paperwork, CFAT, medical, interview, and then finally the review board. DON'T WAIT!

As far as timeline to give you an idea, I was accepted mid-February, but was not notified until early March. You will be notified by phone and by a letter, and the letter usually takes a very long time to show up. It's normal.
How the rest goes, you'll just have to find out on your own  ;)

I will soon be starting my CT and ROTP application (currently in the reserves).  I would have started today but I'm sort of snowed in :(  When I talked to the CFRC about the component transfer he said that I will have to do it online on one of the DIN computers, which is ok, but when I asked how long it would take he said that it would be finalized around July/August (just before the start of the school year).  If the IAP/BOTP is this summer, correct me if I'm wrong, I'll still be a member of the reserves. I doubt this is a problem, but if anyone is in/was in this same situation, could you enlighten me on how this works?

anyone got an idea how long usually the medical is??? I completed it a few days ago and I'm just wondering when they "should" get back to me.... They (the recruiting centre) phoned me today and said that to phone back a week from today... Is this normal?

There is a single office in Ottawa that reviews all recruitment medical files.  They are busy. Relax.

terminator50 said:
anyone got an idea how long usually the medical is??? I completed it a few days ago and I'm just wondering when they "should" get back to me.... They (the recruiting centre) phoned me today and said that to phone back a week from today... Is this normal?

When I did my medical two weeks ago the physician investigated my current medical condition while asking me numerous questions regarding my health. He told me that from his perspective everything is great (i have absolutely no illnesses) but my file will be sent to Ottawa as they have the ultimate decision. However, he didn't mention anything about them getting back to me. Do they usually call and let you know that you have the green light?

When I did my medical I was told that eveything was fine and that the forms will be sent to Ottawa, I called the office a week later to check and Ottawa had already given me the go ahead.  I don't know if that was really fast or if everyone in good health shoots right through. 

Has anyone heard if the early selection board has sat to review?

Hi, I am going to be one of those "cutting it close" people. Basically I cannot put in my application until Jan 5th or 6th! Not going to get into details why but it gets down to education. Now I have an advantage in that I have prepared and have made sure that my personal schedule from Jan 5th-15th is 100% clear. I could literally hop in the car and drive 45 minutes to the recruiting office at any hour.

Is it reasonable that I could get CFAT, Medical, Fitness done in that time period (jan 5th-15th)? I have no real outstanding issues medically or physically so I will not run into major problems there. I understand it can take 1 week or more for medical forms to be dealt with in Ottawa but does it matter if there are no issues? I mean actual "selection" doesn't take place until Febuary or something right, so as long as I got everything out by the 5th-15th and had nothing coming back to me with issues should I be ok?

I understand it may hurt me as all the early selection will have already taken place but so long as I make the first "real" selection phase I would not worry too much.

As I understood it, it was only the written application that was due January 12th and the CFAT, Medical, and Interview could be done up until the beginning of February.

On the application form where it says Military Grouping would I put Land Operations or Infantry?

Only the written part by January 12th? Assuming that is true then what is the significance of January 15th then? As that is the official deadline for first round applicants.

called back today and the guy said they're off to vacation so that means my medical wont come back for probably three weeks..

But I did get out of him that this year the first review committee is in march so theres no rush

Does anyone know when the Forces should contact us about our interview, medical exam and aptitude test? It's nearly been a month since I submitted all my forms, and I haven't heard anything. Mind you, my answering machine doesn't work, so perhaps they have phoned and I just didn't hear about it.

they called me within a week, and also emailed me, but depending on when u submitted it, either they're on vacation now or something like that... Call back to them in the new year

I'm betting they're on vacation right now. I left the recruiting centre a message, that should do for now.

PrairieBoy said:
I'm betting they're on vacation right now. I left the recruiting centre a message, that should do for now.

Hey, you shouldn't worry about it. I handed in my application around the same time as you, and I asked them right then and there, when I would be contacted and if I handed in my application too late. They told me that my application will be in on time for the main review board, but not the very first one. The reason why they haven't contacted us yet is because they're on their winter break as well. The CFRCs are in a shut down right now so they're not going to process anything at all. We're going to have to wait until the first or second week of January before we can get our medical and interviews booked. We're cutting it really close.

If you mess up the CFAT or if something comes up during our medicals, that's when you should get worried. To take a CFAT retest it'd take a few months and we don't have the luxury of waiting seeing as how the review boards are coming up fast. If we get medical delays, we better hope that it can get fixed up ASAP, and won't delay anything for too long, because once again, the review boards are coming up.

In any case, happy New Years and good luck!

I don't forsee any problems for the medical, I'm a fairly healthy person. I have a bit more weight that I'd like to have, but I'm working on that. As for the CFAT, it's just the mental math that I have problems with. Again, working on that too.

Good luck to you too, heck we might end up meeting up at CFLRS for basic officer training.

Hello everyone and Happy New Year~

I handed my ROTP application in back in the middle of October.  I have had a couple calls just to verify information, but so far I have not been called for my medical, testing or my interview.  I was told there was a good chance the medical and testing would be done before Christmas, but have not heard.  Should I be worried??

Just wondering...

:snowman:

Nope, no need to be worried, read my earlier post.

Only thing queer about your situation is that you handed the application in on October whereas I handed it in on December. Maybe your CFRC is really busy and had to deal with the applicants before you.

If they still haven't contacted you after the first week of January, you should give them a call and see what's up.

Happy new year to you guys too and good luck on your ongoing applications. I'm done with my process so it's the waiting game for me.

Back