• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

From the guy who phoned me, he said there is no physicals, they care about your phyiscal fitness during BMQ....

I'm doing medical+cfat tmr

mrmat29 said:
Did you have a physical?

Well,  they did what the civvy doctor will do on a routine check: Your reflexes with the hammer, your ability to follow a point with your eye, your balance; Stuff like that. I was also weighted, measured and had my eyesight and hearing tested, nothing scary or complicated.

terminator50 said:
From the guy who phoned me, he said there is no physicals, they care about your phyiscal fitness during BMQ....

I'm doing medical+cfat tmr

Ok thanks. That's what i was told and i just wanted to verify this.

Good luck guys.

what were some of the averages you guys had applying for this? mine is only a 76 right now. is there a cut off for this?

R.Campbell said:
what were some of the averages you guys had applying for this? mine is only a 76 right now. is there a cut off for this?

I had 95% in highschool, 39 on my IB diploma, 3.9/4.0 GPA for my first and second term in university.

I have 85% as well, I just got through the CFAT, and I passed. Took a bump in the road cuz I'm colour blind, but now my app is well on its way..... Next week is pt 2 of my medical....

And for anyone who hasn't done the CFAT, be prepared, cuz in it are some very nice "surprises"

I'm at 76 as well, making me nervous seeing all these high averages...  :(

Its not always about grades, and also it depends on the courses you're taking, some schools/school districts mark differently cuz of different standards

terminator50 said:
Its not always about grades, and also it depends on the courses you're taking, some schools/school districts mark differently cuz of different standards

Terminator has a valid point but grades do play an important role as this is university we are applying for. However, don't ever forget that our extra curriculars and all that stuff help too.

My average right now is 88% for Gr 12 but 75% for Gr 11 and 81% for Gr 10.

Just an update:

Did my interview, went Dandy, the recruiter even told me I might be on the early selection board.  ;D

good to hear about your interview. what sort of things do they ask you during your interview? im just kinda nervous about mine and i dont want to screw it up  ::)

Greetings, I'm a Third Year OCdt at RMC and if you don't mind I'd like to jump in on this thread to answer any questions you may have.

For starters I'd like to say something about your interview process at CFRC, based upon my personal experience dealing with them:

1. Have an understanding about what trade/element you're applying for and what you'd be required to do as an officer in that trade as there will be some questions pertaining to it
2. Don't hesitate on some of the tough moral questions your recruiter may ask (ie. "would you be willing to fire your weapon at an enemy in the line of duty").  Be sure and confident in your response.  (My example I listed is a question that is frequently asked during the interview; whether or not it is still done today, I'm not sure, but don't be surprised if it comes up, regardless of what trade you are applying for.)

I wish you the best of luck in your recruitment process.

I just had my interview and medical this morning. I was told by the captain that interviewed me that i did very good in my interview and that he found me eligible for ROTP. My interview was about 1.5 hours long. Make sure you do what baldy said as well as know yourself (i know that sounds weird) and have a good knowledge of not only what you put down on your application but also have some solid examples ready.

I was also told that since i'm about to start 2nd year at Waterloo, i'm not eligible for RMC as switching over would put me back in 1st year. In addition, he said that i will most likely be on the merit list & the early selection board in december.

Finally, the medical went smooth.

Good luck.

VBanks said:
What is the merit list? :)

You do know what merit is?  Well, this is a list where everyone is listed according to their merit.  They are merited on a wide variety of factors that will score them merit points and thus the candidates with the highest merit points will rise to the top of the merit list.  From the number one merited person on downwards the number of openings/vacancies will be the people selected.  If you are below that cutoff number, then you are not selected.

Back