• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
Quite the different contrast of info.

If stealthylizard's stats are correct I really don't see the feasibility of RFT platoon.

Every candidate that I was on RFT with, that passed RFT and was put on platoon, graduated and have now moved on to trades training. In my time there, we lost about a handful to VR and MR, but I'd say (rough numbers) 20/25 in my time there have now graduated and moved on. A bunch of them are now posted and preparing for their first deployment. From my experience, it's a program that really works.

stealthylizard said:
I'm on RFT right now, 2nd phase.  The stats we were given is that about 25% VR or MR during RFT.  97% of those that stick with the program will return back to a platoon, but of those numbers, less than 25% will make it to graduation.  I don't have any hard facts to back it up, that is just what we were told by our staff.

In my own opinion...your staff will tell your a lot of things. Stuff like that is usually just apart of "the game". It's hard for me to believe that guys in RFT who have been there for 2 months would be more likely to VR, after facing and defeating such adversity, than a normal candidate would.

It's possible that stat could be correct but most platoons do not have less than a 50% pass rate. My IAP platoon was a special case with A LOT of VRs and our pass rate was 50% maybe a tad higher. It seemed like most platoons where pushing at least 60-70%.

derael said:
In my own opinion...your staff will tell your a lot of things. Stuff like that is usually just apart of "the game". It's hard for me to believe that guys in RFT who have been there for 2 months would be more likely to VR, after facing and defeating such adversity, than a normal candidate would.

It's possible that stat could be correct but most platoons do not have less than a 50% pass rate. My IAP platoon was a special case with A LOT of VRs and our pass rate was 50% maybe a tad higher. It seemed like most platoons where pushing at least 60-70%.

Your statistics are just as anectdotal as his. Unless you bring up available and scientificaly obtained "hard data" both of you can fire numbers back and forth until you are blue in the face.

*Milnet.ca staff edit for site policy*

I think I've already clarified that point stating it was my own opinion. Of course its not hard data, its only my personal observations so of course no one should take my words as gospel....however I think that theres no reason a person that has been through RFT should think he is more likely to fail on course than someone who was not in RFT.

All right,

Here's some actual REAL info, accurate as of 11 Feb from an email that I recd:

Subject:   Recruit School  -  BMQ Gen info 

Good Day,

Based on ref, for your general information, listed below are a few "real life facts" that are actually taking place at CFLRS. 

As opposed to common belief, BMQ is 14 weeks long all together. Week Zero is when they complete all of the admin process and.... conduct their CF Expres. Then the 13 week BMQ training starts.

Recruit Fitness Training (RFT):  This is a platoon especially designed to help those who fail CF Expres during week Zero.
RFT Program is 90 days long (3 phases of 30 days).   

Here's how it works:   
If successful after 30 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 2 of training;
If successful after 60 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 3 of training; and
If successful after 90 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 4 of training.

If unsuccessful after 90 days:  Recruit is released from the CF.

Platoons consist of 65 recruits:  Average is 7-8 PT failures from get go. (Of note, last week they had a platoon with 15 failures at week Zero...)

Currently there are 105 Recruits on RFT.  (This is not counting the 300 of those on PAT or PAR)
PAT:  Personnel Awaiting Training due to recourse, TRB review, or injury.
PAR:  Personnel Awaiting Release (new to the school).

No more than 5 years ago annual Recruit success rate (# of graduates) was about 97%, now it is down to 65%.

500 Recruits currently attending training at sister school in Borden. Borden cannot accommodate RFT, therefore, those recruits are transferred to St-Jean to undertake their RFT.

Current proposal would be for recruits to achieve 50% of the required standard on CF Expres. If below that percentage at week Zero, then they would immediately be released. Some recruits are unable to achieve "one" push up, and others, unable to achieve "stage one" of the shuttle run.

CFLRS is trying very hard to come up with ways of instilling healthy habit in recruits. For instance, all chips and chocolate bars in vending machines have been replaced by healthier products such as dry fruits, etc.

Due to poor initial quality control, the school is faced in dealing with many "dependence habit" issues and "bizarre" behavior problems, hence, more cases of releases.

A few examples: 

A 55 yr old man (CRA...) showed up at CFLRS; was out the very next day.
A 54 yr old woman showed up at CFLRS; failed CF Expres in week Zero and was released.
A relatively heavy recruit could not go up the stairs; was immediately released.

Of note:  Recruit SIP:  6,800 for 07/08  and  7,500 for 08/09.

By the way, a recruit that voices that he or she is not made for military life will be released on a voluntary basis.  ...

Now, with some accurate statistics & info as to what is actually oncurring on ground instead of speculation ...

I'll lock this topic up; there's plenty of others running on RFT.

Also, please note that the email source makes no mention of any impending move to do away with RFT, rather he noted only the addition of PAR Pl.

The usual caveats apply if you having something significant to add.

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

so is it official that the recruits now have to do at least 50% to go on RFT? Is it still in the works.

RFT exisit for those who fail to meet the minium requirements for Physical Fitness apon arrival to BMQ.

So yes it exist but I do not know what you mean by 50%

Hi, I was reading the other links... maybe I misunderstood them.. this is the link where I got the information.

ubject:  Recruit School  -  BMQ Gen info

Good Day,

Based on ref, for your general information, listed below are a few "real life facts" that are actually taking place at CFLRS.

As opposed to common belief, BMQ is 14 weeks long all together. Week Zero is when they complete all of the admin process and.... conduct their CF Expres. Then the 13 week BMQ training starts.

Recruit Fitness Training (RFT):  This is a platoon especially designed to help those who fail CF Expres during week Zero.
RFT Program is 90 days long (3 phases of 30 days). 

Here's how it works: 
If successful after 30 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 2 of training;
If successful after 60 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 3 of training; and
If successful after 90 days:  Recruit rejoins a platoon that is in week 4 of training.

If unsuccessful after 90 days:  Recruit is released from the CF.

Platoons consist of 65 recruits:  Average is 7-8 PT failures from get go. (Of note, last week they had a platoon with 15 failures at week Zero...)

Currently there are 105 Recruits on RFT.  (This is not counting the 300 of those on PAT or PAR)
PAT:  Personnel Awaiting Training due to recourse, TRB review, or injury.
PAR:  Personnel Awaiting Release (new to the school).

No more than 5 years ago annual Recruit success rate (# of graduates) was about 97%, now it is down to 65%.

500 Recruits currently attending training at sister school in Borden. Borden cannot accommodate RFT, therefore, those recruits are transferred to St-Jean to undertake their RFT.

Current proposal would be for recruits to achieve 50% of the required standard on CF Expres. If below that percentage at week Zero, then they would immediately be released. Some recruits are unable to achieve "one" push up, and others, unable to achieve "stage one" of the shuttle run.

CFLRS is trying very hard to come up with ways of instilling healthy habit in recruits. For instance, all chips and chocolate bars in vending machines have been replaced by healthier products such as dry fruits, etc.

Due to poor initial quality control, the school is faced in dealing with many "dependence habit" issues and "bizarre" behavior problems, hence, more cases of releases.

A few examples:

A 55 yr old man (CRA...) showed up at CFLRS; was out the very next day.
A 54 yr old woman showed up at CFLRS; failed CF Expres in week Zero and was released.
A relatively heavy recruit could not go up the stairs; was immediately released.

Of note:  Recruit SIP:  6,800 for 07/08  and  7,500 for 08/09.

By the way, a recruit that voices that he or she is not made for military life will be released on a voluntary basis.  ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back