• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Service Dress Uniform (aka "DEU") Issue

This has been split off and placed in 'Uniforms".

Carry on.................

So from all the other posts it sounds like as long as you have been in 1 year you can draw DEU's.  What do I need to do to draw them, as my clerk has told me that I need to go to stores to get it but wouldn't tell me how.  I am waiting for a Component transfer hoping for july or oct for MSE.  I am army res now but going air MSE so I will have different DEU's.  I know that I probably shouldn't draw them but I am entitled to them as I have been in the unit.  Would like anyone's opinions on the matter.

Thanks

I showed up the day after I finished my QL3, and made an appointment to be sized. Clothing stores took my word for it.

Nice, but does anyone know the reference for army reservists to be entitled to their DEU and wondering if my MPRR enrollment would be good enough to show stores but i would really like that ref cause im sure someone will say your transfering so you shouldn't get them but if im entitled then i should get them then.

davidsonr_91 said:
Nice, but does anyone know the reference for army reservists to be entitled to their DEU and wondering if my MPRR enrollment would be good enough to show stores but i would really like that ref cause im sure someone will say your transfering so you shouldn't get them but if im entitled then i should get them then.

If you've been in for one year (or are QL3 qualified - whichever comes first) all you need to do is go down to clothing stores to have them size you and order your initial issue. NOTE: Call them first to see if you need an appointment for an initial sizing as most locations operate on an appointment basis for these sizings/kittings.

You won't need a copy of your MPRR etc, as Logistik Unicorp pulls it's info on you (enrolment date, SN, initials etc) from peoplesoft {your MPRR info}. Thus, you'll be asked for your SN and the suppies can verify on the system whether or not you have the TI required if required. 99.99% of them are going to believe you anyway.

While you are at your sizing appt, ask them to record all your measurements on a sheet for you personal use too, thus you'll have them to put into your own Logistik-Unicorp account. Your Logistik-Unicorp account will save your sizes until you ever have to change them (ie gain a spare tire tire etc). They will also help you set up your Logistik-Unicorp account right there at Clothing Stores if you want them to - just ask.

Clothing Support group will order your initial issue on your behalf and your initial issue of DEUs will be delivered to their location for onward "gifting" to you. You do NOT need to use your own L-U points to order your initial DEU kit. Save your points to order extras of the stuff you see fit to have extras of ... like shirts etc.

After clothing places the demands for your initial issue DEU, it should be about 5 (working) days before they receive it into their location for you. Make sure that you give them a valid contact number to reach you or leave at message for you at so that they can make contact when it arrives.

It doesn't matter that you are CTing ... you are still entitled to your kit; all the better for you if you are remaining in the same enviornment ... you will get another initial issue upon your CT to the other side and so will have enough DEU to last until you get that ineveitable posting to Disney on the Rideau.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
so will have enough DEU to last until you get that ineveitable posting to Disney on the Rideau.  >:D

;)  it's all dependant on the job done there. 8)

LineJumper said:
;)  it's all dependant on the job done there. 8)

Nahhhh, the woman that owns the weather machine also owns a DEU forecaster - anyone that's ever been issued more than 2 sets ... is guaranteed one of those DEU jobs. 'Tis a small secret of the way life works based upon musings from some guy named Murphy.  8)

ArmyVern said:
Nahhhh, the woman that owns the weather machine also owns a DEU forecaster - anyone that's ever been issued more than 2 sets ... is guaranteed one of those DEU jobs. 'Tis a small secret of the way life works based upon musings from some guy named Murphy.  8)

Touche, however, I'll pull pin before I ever get posted there again :)

Well I called clothing stores and gave them the senario about going from army to air force CTing in the next few months.  I was told that I could put the order in and it would take about 2 months to make it all up and that they would probably put a stop on the order because someone would realize I am doing a CT so all in all i was told no it will never happen.

davidsonr_91 said:
Well I called clothing stores and gave them the senario about going from army to air force CTing in the next few months.  I was told that I could put the order in and it would take about 2 months to make it all up and that they would probably put a stop on the order because someone would realize I am doing a CT so all in all i was told no it will never happen.

Honestly - what they told you was bullshit. Plain & simple.

You ARE entitled to your DEUs NOW. They can not refuse to order your initial issue NOW. There is NO CEASING of your entitlement simply because you may CT in the future. NONE. All they have to do is measure you and send the demand to Logistik-Unicorp (that involves ONE email with all your sizes onto it). Once Logistik-Unicorp has that email demand ... your uniform is shipped within 5 DAYS by them to clothing stores. FROM EXPERIENCE, it usually takes 5 or 6 working days for us to receive your initial issue from Logistik - that's 5 or 6 working days starting from when we order it. NOT 2 months.

They then have up to 10 working days after that to sew on your badges/rank etc.

Someone fed you a line of bullshit. Pure bullshit. I hope you remember their name; call them back and ask for the supervisor's name and number.

ArmyVern said:
Someone fed you a line of bullshit. Pure bullshit. I hope you remember their name; call them back and ask for the supervisor's name and number.

And then we will sic Vern on them...........

;D

So called stores again this morning, asked them how long it would take, they told me a better story of about 10 days.  I asked them about the CT and the fact that I have put it in and am waiting for my offer and was told my transfer would be 1 July 10 or 1 Sept 10, the Cpl asked me why I would want my DEU's for army and I told him because I am entitled to them and there is no other reason.  And that Is true I want them to have them is all.  He then got his PO on the phone and the PO asked me to email him with my information along with the reason of why i wanted the DEU's and he would let me know if my request would be granted.

Now I think that I am going to give myself a bad name in the system for asking for the stuff cause I am entiteled to have them instead of having a good reason.

Why do you feel that you must waste taxpayers money providing you with a uniform that you will never EVER wear?

You think they are cheap?

Nites

Niteshade said:
Why do you feel that you must waste taxpayers money providing you with a uniform that you will never EVER wear?

You think they are cheap?

Nites

Its not a matter of being cheap, and the crack about wasting taxpayers money is undeserved. Who says he will never wear it? It may be one day within the next few months he may be required to wear DEU. This soldier is doing his duty.

Respectfully Mid Aged Silverback, my question wasn't meant as a "crack" and is a legitimate question.

Certainly we as soldiers are required to wear our DEU uniforms in order to conduct certain duties. However the fact is many a reservist can conduct his duties without them (or at least up until they are finally issued). Armyvern has mentioned why this occurs (earlier in this thread). Clearly this is a cost savings issue as she mentions a lot of money is saved.

At the same token we are also trained to be responsible soldiers and not waste things.  If he is truly in need of his uniform (IE a parade coming up in 2-4 weeks time (I know about my parades well in advance)): He can order them in, and if need be on rush order. But if he doesn't need it (which is more likely the case and I have not heard otherwise yet), then why issue simply because "he is entitled" when he is fully aware of a component transfer to a different element. Ergo, he will not use it, and is expending resources with no clear benefit.

My opinion on this matter.

Nites

So, what if he isn't going to use say, his rucksack in the next few months?  Or...ICE bib pants?  Heck he is CT'ing so...lets just deny him any Class A wages in these tight $$ times. 

When I was PRes, if you were entitled to something, in my troop you were expected to have it, because in my opinion, the Powers That Be only gave you the entitlement if you needed it or were likely going to use it. 

While I see your point (to a limited point, WRT to the "'cause I just want it" comments), its an entitlement and who knows, maybe he/she won't get the CT for some time.  Also, as he/she is a MSE Op, if I was his/her boss, I'd want ALL of my folks to have DEU.  "Anticipation of future tasks", those are the folks that drive staff cars and their occupants around.

:2c:

I was Reg Force for many years, and it cranked me up to no end when people would deny Reservists their kit, "because they are Reservists". Its on the scale of issue for a reason.

Mid Aged Silverback said:
I was Reg Force for many years, and it cranked me up to no end when people would deny Reservists their kit, "because they are Reservists". Its on the scale of issue for a reason.

That still happens, but much less so than in the past.  Usually a phone call to the local supply MWO gets it sorted out.

Back