• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

AbdullahD said:
I was more intrigued by "The Clann"

They all sure do seem obsessed with wolves. Nerds.

Had to look up the Hijab thing, just because one person cries wolf does not mean an issue does not exist.

You're right. Fake stories about hate crimes, assault, racisim, rape, doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist.

What it means is that people need to learn the facts before launching, like our pm did with the hajib girl.

Is THIS story real? You seem to believe it is, maybe you're right too. Personally it seems a little fishy to me. Falls in that "too perfect to be true". The only thing missing was someone's signature.  Did the (convieniently) named group also post about this on their social media? Since they went  to the trouble of making a letter and using their own name you'd expect them to want credit for it and brag about it on their FB page and such, right?

This could be from the hate group.
Or it could be from whomever the letter targeted in an attempt to set up the hate group and play the victim.
It could be Liberals trying to fan 'Conservatives are racist' flames (a favorite insult for them) close to election time.
It could be Conservatives trying to implicate Liberals behind it suggesting the Liberals are framing the Conservatives because its close to election time.
Could be a kid screwing around.

Before I posted it, I took a tour of the page I listed here and perused other similar pages.

I found comments such as;
-**** Islam
-**** fake news (in regards to good acts down by a Syrian refugee)
-**** the UN

I also found the expected rhetoric regarding Islam, that would very easily lead to the demonization of Islam and Muslims etc etc etc.

Now I will admit yes, it does seem a touch odd but given the Facebook page I do not think it is outside the realm of reality. Maybe not all members of their movement feel like those who allegedly posted this as well.

Any rate I guess we wait and see what the RCMP find and we will know the truth of it.

Abdullah

For the record, here's what the party is saying ...
... “The UCP and Jason Kenney have been clear in denouncing this hatred and bigotry,” it reads. “This hateful note is in no way authorized or associated with the UCP (anyone can unfortunately paste an image into a document).” ...
More in attached screen capture from Twitter.  Barring evidence to the contrary, I don't believe the party would be dumb enough to even THINK of this kind of thing.

Jarnhamar said:
... This could be from the hate group.
Or it could be from whomever the letter targeted in an attempt to set up the hate group and play the victim.
It could be Liberals trying to fan 'Conservatives are racist' flames (a favorite insult for them) close to election time.
It could be Conservatives trying to implicate Liberals behind it suggesting the Liberals are framing the Conservatives because its close to election time.
Could be a kid screwing around.
Another option:  it could be an angry lone wolf (politics:  who knows?) radicalized by something out there.

I look forward to what the cop shop has to say ...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 200
I have a gut feeling this letter is connected to the group of young white men that went to a Mosque last week, in Edmonton also.  5 of them stood outside taunting and insulting people coming and going, while some of them went inside to "observe" and "only use the washroom" - despite several gas stations and restaurants in the same immediate vicinity. 

Just speculation is all.  Funny how a group of men (calling themselves some ridiculous name, can't remember) - show up, stand outside and cause trouble, go inside to intimidate and threaten, then tell the police they were 'just using the washroom' and 'there to learn about Islam'.... while wearing their white supremacy crap clothing.

Then less than a week later, a letter appears at another Mosque in the same city.  A city that, for the most part, isn't prone to these sorts of things. 

Just a gut feeling is all.  :2c:

Just out today from the NJ Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness ...
Background

Anarchism is the belief that society should exist absent of “oppressive” governments, laws, police, or any other authority. Anarchist extremists advocate violence in furtherance of this idea, typically focusing on sub-movements such as anti-racism, anti-capitalism, anti-globalism, and environmental extremism.

Anarchist extremists, or those subscribing to the ideology that condones violence and the use of force, do not have a central leadership and lack organizational hierarchy. These extremists are event-driven and often take advantage of otherwise legal protests to conduct violent counter-protests, destroy public and private property, and attack law enforcement.

Common attack targets, chosen for their symbols of capitalism and government, include commercial infrastructure and the financial sector. Vandalism and arson are the most common attack types.

A majority of New Jersey-based anarchist extremists are affiliated with Antifa and focus on issues of racism, immigration, and other perceived social injustices. There are three loosely organized chapters in New Jersey, known as North Jersey Antifa, South Jersey Antifa, and HubCity Antifa based in New Brunswick (Middlesex County).

Threat to New Jersey: Moderate

Anarchist extremists will mobilize in response to issues they believe are unjust, carry out criminal and violent acts during otherwise First Amendment-protected events and protests, and target perceived enemies. Throughout 2018, anarchist extremists were actively engaged in criminal activities in the tri-state region, resulting in at least 20 arrests ...
More @ link or in attached PDF of full summary.

- mod edit to fix link -

Attachments

• NJOHS-Anarchist_Extremists.pdf
    630.4 KB · Views: 91
Some new analysis from the NJ Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness ...
Militia Extremists

Background

Militia extremists view the federal government as an existential threat to the rights and freedoms of Americans. They judge armed resistance as necessary to preserve these rights and justify the use of violence to counter perceived threats or violations to the US Constitution.

The movement gained national attention following standoffs with federal agents in the early 1990s at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and Waco, Texas. These confrontations provided the inspiration for the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 that killed 168 individuals and injured more than 680 others.

Since 2017, militia extremists have shifted focus from anti-government issues, including standoffs with the federal government, to confronting illegal immigration and perceived threats. While the militia movement has historically been decentralized, several groups have formed in recent years with a structured hierarchy and national leadership.

(...)

There is currently a limited amount of militia extremist activity within New Jersey; however, militia extremists continue to participate in violent protests across the United States and threaten Muslim populations throughout the region.
More @ link or in attached NJDHSP one-pager

- mod edit to fix link -

Attachments

• Militia+Extremists+Snapshot.pdf
    428.5 KB · Views: 80
More open-source info from the analysts @ NJ's DHS & Preparedness ...
Sovereign Citizen Extremists

Background

Sovereign citizen extremists throughout the United States view federal, state, and local governments as illegitimate. They also assert they are not subject to questioning or arrest by law enforcement, paying taxes or fines, complying with summonses, or possessing official licenses. Sovereign citizen extremists have engaged in counterfeiting, verbal and written harassment, unlawful property occupation scams, and financial fraud.

The Moorish Nation, a sovereign citizen extremist group that splintered from the black nationalist movement, asserts that it is the original inhabitant of the United States and is entitled to self-governing status, giving its members rights that predate the Constitution.

In 2018, sovereign citizen extremists accounted for three of the six ideologically motivated attacks against law enforcement nationwide. Two incidents occurred during routine policing activities and did not demonstrate indicators of preplanning; the third attack was the result of booby traps set in anticipation of visits from law enforcement.

Sovereign citizen extremists in New Jersey often rely on “paper terrorism,” such as filing fraudulent liens against public officials or self-identifying in court paperwork, but can resort to violence when challenged by law enforcement ...
More @ link or in attached one-pager

- mod edit to fix link -

Attachments

• NJDHSP-Sovereign+Citizen+Extremists.pdf
    627.7 KB · Views: 82
More from the NJ DHS ...
White Supremacist Extremists

Background

White supremacist extremists believe in the inherent superiority of the white race and seek to establish dominance over non-whites through violence.

There are five major subgroups within the white supremacist extremist movement: neo-Nazis, racist skinheads, groups that emerged countering African-American civil and equal rights, Christian Identity members, and prison gangs.

White supremacist extremists employ a variety of recruitment tactics, including leafleting, leveraging social media, and participating in social events. Additionally, over the last three years, white supremacist extremists have hosted conferences, organized rallies, and established think tanks to forward their agenda.

White supremacist extremists in New Jersey are actively spreading their ideologies, attempting to intimidate minorities, and committing low-level crimes.
In 2018, at least six different white supremacist extremist organizations were actively operating in New Jersey ...
More @ link or in attached one-pager.

Attachments

• White+Supremacist+Extremists.pdf
    533.7 KB · Views: 72
milnews.ca said:
More open-source info from the analysts @ NJ's DHS & Preparedness ...More @ link or in attached one-pager

RangerRay said:
These guys scare me more than any other extremist group out there.

Jarnhamar said:

July 30, 2014
National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism

Sovereign citizen movement perceived as top terrorist threat
https://www.start.umd.edu/news/sovereign-citizen-movement-perceived-top-terrorist-threat

- mod edit to fix one of the links -

Some of the FBI's recent successes against them.

-In Sacramento, two sovereign citizens were convicted of running a fraudulent insurance scheme. Operating outside state insurance regulatory guidelines, the men set up their own company and sold “lifetime memberships” to customers, promising to pay any accident claims against their “members.” The company collected millions of dollars, but paid out very few claims. More
-In Kansas City, three sovereign citizens were convicted of taking part in a conspiracy using phony diplomatic credentials. They charged customers between $450 and $2,000 for a diplomatic identification card, which would bestow upon the holder “sovereign” status—meaning they would enjoy diplomatic immunity from paying taxes and from being stopped or arrested by law enforcement. More
-In Las Vegas, four men affiliated with the sovereign citizen movement were arrested by the Nevada Joint Terrorism Task Force on federal money laundering, tax evasion, and weapons charges. The investigation involved an undercover operation, with two of the suspects allegedly laundering more than a million dollars from what they believed was a bank fraud scheme

Guess the weapons charges could be dangerous, especially if they're being sold to dudes like this.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-arrested-at-extremist-muslim-new-mexico-compound-was-training-kids-to-commit-school-shootings-documents

Jarnhamar said:
Some of the FBI's recent successes against them ...
Good catch that - thanks for sharing.  Here's some more from the applicable NJ DHS report from earlier this year ...
- Gregory Rodvelt, a sovereign citizen, set booby traps throughout his Oregon property in September, injuring an FBI agent. While searching the property, the agent activated a trap connected to a pre-positioned shotgun that discharged, shooting the agent in the leg. In April, authorities arrested Rodvelt in Arizona after he reportedly brandished a handgun. He initially refused to cooperate with police, leading to a three-hour standoff.
- In June, Matthew Wright used an armored vehicle to block traffic on a bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada. Following his arrest, police found weapons, ammunition, and explosives in the vehicle. Wright used sovereign citizen rhetoric in letters mailed to several federal agencies, including the FBI and CIA.
- In May, David Wolosin opened fire on two police officers, critically injuring one, after they responded to a complaint of a man teaching his 3-year-old child how to drive. Wolosin, a self-identified sovereign citizen, was killed in the shootout.
- Tierre Guthrie, a Moorish sovereign citizen, shot three police officers, killing one, while being served a warrant for his arrest in February 2018. Guthrie was killed in the shootout, and his friends and family reported he had espoused anti-government ideas in the weeks preceding the shooting.

That's pretty crazy. More dangerous than I thought for sure, I didn't see that.

I was watching something on Net flicks called Doomsday preppers and the way some of these people think is pretty wacky.

Jarnhamar said:
I was watching something on Net flicks called Doomsday preppers and the way some of these people think is pretty wacky.
Even if you allow for reality shows showing the most extreme cases, have to agree.

Jarnhamar said:

John Goodman played a prepper, "I have a collection of films on DVD and VHS cassette... make sure you put 'em back when you're done with 'em. We're gonna be down here for a very long time."  :)

See also,

Survival and Prepping 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/123966.0
4 pages.

Jarnhamar said:

Probably because in my line of work, I am more likely to run into these clowns than any other extremist out there.

Because of their twisted ideology based on legal fiction sold to them by sophisticated grifters, these guys believe that the laws of our society do not apply them and do not recognise the authority of law enforcement and the courts.  As such, encounters with these guys are at best difficult; at worst very deadly.  Law enforcement officer in Canada and the US have been assaulted and murdered by these guys during traffic stops and even by-law incidents.  When encounters do not turn violent, sovereigns (or freemen) usually engage in harassment and "paper terrorism" against any official they feel slighted by.  Good luck selling your house in a timely fashion if one of these assholes puts a lien on your house because you gave them a ticket.

A lot of people are drawn to this ideology because to the uneducated and the paranoid, it looks like a legit way to get out of paying taxes, debts and alimony.  Why pay for a driver's license and registering your vehicle when you can declare yourself "sovereign" or a "freeman on the land" and get out from under the thumb of "the man"?  And since "the man" can't hassle you, you can fight back if he does.  Or so the gurus tell the gullible.

These guys are far more common than you would think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Saw this in another discussion, will reply here,

Colin P said:
Attacks on house of worships have effected not only mosques, but churches as well.

And synagogues and Jewish communal organizations,

The deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the United States was only four months ago, in Pittsburgh, PA,

Referring to Central American migrant caravans and immigrants, the alleged killer posted on Gab * shortly before the attack that, "HIAS ** likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."

* "Gab has been described as "extremist friendly" to neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right."

** The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society ( HIAS ) is a Jewish American non-profit organization that provides humanitarian aid and assistance to refugees.

Regarding the suspect,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting#Suspect
"started out as staunch conservatism transitioned into white nationalism"

That massacre came a year after the "Unite the Right" tiki-torch and swastika rally,

“Jews will not replace us”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12sjwk9FBE

Back