• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
RETP is almost never filled due to lack of applicants and a lack of exposure on the program. I used this to get my foot in the door before transferring to the reg force. I went with an Eng degree and Inf O. Pick a trade and program that YOU like. I was originally discouraged on this board back when i wanted to go to RMC because people said doing infantry and engineering would be too hard. And that I should give myself a break. Idleness is an infectious and pervasive disease. Do what you want, take what you want, and succeed. otherwise, whats the point?

Hi

In page three of this document: http://www.kingsown.ca/Old%20Site/ROTP%20Quest%20Part%201_en.pdf It says that for the Pilot occupation, "Most Degree Programmes" are available for one's undergraduate degree... Does anyone know more specifically the acceptable degree programs? I would think Physics or Engineering - but would a Biology, Chemistry, or even Life Science degree program at a civvy university be acceptable? I only wonder because "Most Degree Programmes" is really vague.

Thanks

Mitch

From my understanding, it really is "most degree programmes" in a broad sense. I was accepted for DEO with a Bachelors in Social Sciences, while a friend of mine studied music and made it through (DEO) as well.

Okay, thanks very much, did you and your friend both do piloting for your occupation?

Marksman said:
RETP is almost never filled due to lack of applicants and a lack of exposure on the program. I used this to get my foot in the door before transferring to the reg force. I went with an Eng degree and Inf O. Pick a trade and program that YOU like. I was originally discouraged on this board back when i wanted to go to RMC because people said doing infantry and engineering would be too hard. And that I should give myself a break. Idleness is an infectious and pervasive disease. Do what you want, take what you want, and succeed. otherwise, whats the point?

Whoever told you that is full of ****.... I know plenty of engineers who are also infantry officers.  A friend of mine was a mechanical engineer from UofT, he finished top of his class in engineering at UofT as well.  Guess what, he is an infantry officer and a company commander at one of the battalions.  He was also Tech Staff for a few years so he did actually get to put his degree to some use.

Marksman said:

The person that gave you that advice, especially at that time, has probably dispensed questionable opinion on a number of occasions. Next time you decide to take life altering advice from anonymous people on the internet, check their posting history. Hopefully, next time, you'll possibly realize that they may be a total buffoon and you can go speak to an expert, in person, instead.

So, I have tried logging onto the RMC Portal, as I will need to soon, in order to send in and complete my application for ROTP. However, I couldn't log on at all.

In the last email that I received from Forces was one confirming that they had received my online employment application. In it, they said that I would have to log on to the RMC website and submit the required documents. The email included my Applicant Number, which I used for my password, but the email didn't include my log on ID or anything. I tried to figure out how to log onto the portal by going to their help site. It told me that my ID should be 6 numbers long, starting with the letters, 'id'. I went tho their "Signing In For The First Time" page as well. I have tried everything, but nothing has worked. Please help, I need this desperately.

Have you tried email them, from the support site you visited?

Or phoned them, from the support site?

https://moodle.rmc.ca/hel-aid/ci-ic/it-st-eng.php

AWESOME.TACOS said:
So, I have tried logging onto the RMC Portal, as I will need to soon, in order to send in and complete my application for ROTP. However, I couldn't log on at all.

In the last email that I received from Forces was one confirming that they had received my online employment application. In it, they said that I would have to log on to the RMC website and submit the required documents. The email included my Applicant Number, which I used for my password, but the email didn't include my log on ID or anything. I tried to figure out how to log onto the portal by going to their help site. It told me that my ID should be 6 numbers long, starting with the letters, 'id'. I went tho their "Signing In For The First Time" page as well. I have tried everything, but nothing has worked. Please help, I need this desperately.

The RMC Portal for uploading academic transcripts and the ROTP Questionnaire is currently off-line until later this month or early Sep.

Unfortunately I don't follow a curriculum  :(. I am working on the SAT and the subject tests now, and I contacted the Ontario homeschooling authority, but they don't know what to do either. Am I SOL or what? Oh well I'll keep on looking for answers. BTW JEDelta, did you use A-Beka or another curriculum?

I spent three years in Cadets, loving every minute of it, and I'd like to take my military ambition full-time. I've done a bit of research on this site and the RMC website, and it looks like the place for me. My problem is: I have excellent marks in everything except math, I never did much in terms of extracurriculars (Cadets, my shul, Model UN, CISA, Camp Massad) I don't do any team sports, and I have only worked for two years, though I held volunteer positions before that.

With a resumé like this, I can't help but feel I'd just be laughed off. Is it worth it to even apply, or should I try my luck in the Reserves? Could a guy with minimal interest in Chem or Physics even be considered? RMC is one school I'd love to go to, but I don't want to waste my time, especially with an application pending for the Reserves.

I realize I sound paranoid and callow, but I really don't want to go in blind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ZeiGezunt said:
I spent three years in Cadets, loving every minute of it, and I'd like to take my military ambition full-time. I've done a bit of research on this site and the RMC website, and it looks like the place for me. My problem is: I have excellent marks in everything except math, I never did much in terms of extracurriculars (Cadets, my shul, Model UN, CISA, Camp Massad) I don't do any team sports, and I have only worked for two years, though I held volunteer positions before that.

With a resumé like this, I can't help but feel I'd just be laughed off. Is it worth it to even apply, or should I try my luck in the Reserves? Could a guy with minimal interest in Chem or Physics even be considered? RMC is one school I'd love to go to, but I don't want to waste my time, especially with an application pending for the Reserves.

I realize I sound paranoid and callow, but I really don't want to go in blind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good!  We can put your Reading Comprehension Skills, combined with your Google-fu, to the test and let you read the numerous threads on being accepted to ROTP and life at RMC.  We have topics that will cover every question you asked above, and more that you have yet to think of. 

So which threads are these? There must be hundreds on here. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be obliged.

ZeiGezunt said:
So which threads are these? There must be hundreds on here. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be obliged.

Guess your Google-fu sucks then. 

ZeiGezunt said:

Took me about 5 seconds to find this. Start reading.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88248/post-1208560.html#msg1208560

I apologise.  I have graduated High School and University.  I also got into a business where plagiarism is not appreciated.  I had to do my own study and research.  It is the foundation for what you will face in your future life.  You will not have everything handed to you on a silver platter.  You will have to work for a living.  If you haven't learned that yet, time to learn in preparation for entering university ( not just RMC, but any university ).

All your questions have been asked and answered.  Please use your time to read them.

I apologise as well. The original post was poorly thought out and, now that I think about, rather unnecessary. Normally research is something I enjoy, but I admit I found the sheer number of threads slightly overwhelming.

At any rate, I'm off to find the answers. Thanks for your help and have a good evening.

Not a problem.  I am sure you will find a wealth of information to help you with your decisions.

This is a question that has been nagging me for a while, and even after days of research in the forum, I couldn't find a satisfactory answer. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident on my 4th year in Canada. I would like to apply for RMC as an Officer Cadet during grade 12. I meet all the requirements to join the ROTP program, except for the one where you HAVE to be a Canadian citizen. Now, even if I can hope that my citizenship application will be processed faster than usual, it will still take at least 22 months, which will be May/June of 2015, when I will be in grade 12. obviously during that period, a university application cannot be made. My questions are-
1. Can you APPLY for ROTP at RMC as a permanent resident, if you know you will be a canadian citizen by the time when summer camp or training starts.

2. If the answer to the first question is no, then can I enter UofT or such universities in an engineering course, complete it, and THEN enter RMC and complete ROTP training? Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back