• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your involvement is good, but like I just replied to your other thread, there are other factors as well.

In terms of your question, it is impossible to answer with certainty. The number of applications received varies each year as does the number of positions that are being filled. The odds of your acceptance will depend on the career that you are applying for as well as how you compare to the others who have applied for the same job.

Cheers

First of all, you apply to the CF.  Then they send you a link, where you can "upload" your academic transcripts directily to RMC.  RMC does the "evaluation" and then advises CF Recruiting of the results.  If you are "acceptable" to RMC, then your application will be immediately sent to your local CFRC for processing.

Then once your local CFRC receives it...........start flipping a coin or keep your fingers crossed!!!

My recommendation for what it is worth!!!  DO NOT apply for ROTP until September or October if you are looking for acceptance the following academic year!!!

You appear attractive on paper, but the proof is whether there is substance behind that.  Make sure you have an understanding of your community, your country, and world affairs.  And make sure you are confident with the charisma that says "I can lead", but temper this with humility as you ultimately serve. 

I appreciate that this is not a yes/no answer to your question, but I provide this response as you clearly are going somewhere in life.  There are many attractive applicants on paper that will pass the initial check, it is then up to you and your character to get to the next step.

Good luck and well done for being a hardworking young person.  Society could use more of you.

You definitely have a wide variety of extra curriculars and your academics seem half decent as well.

However if you want it bad enough, study just one more hour a night, play one more sport, do whatever you possibly can in order to push yourself to that next level.

In fact last year my average was an 88%. This year I pushed myself even harder and ended up with a 95%. I thought it couldn't be done, but in fact it can.

When it came time to update them with my first semester marks I believe it strongly helped my case, and although it may be tough, you just have to realize that the things in life that you want, you need to push yourself for.

In the end it will make you a stronger person heading forward and well adept to handle life at RMC.

Keep going strong and pushing yourself in every aspect of the word and you will see yourself succeed come this time next year.

As for the amount of applicants. I personally asked this question to my CFRC last year and they explained to me that the year prior they had taken in over 3000 applications. When it was all said and done they had only accepted 300.

This being said, it is a hard program to get into, and for that reason keep your options open, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Good luck

Any guys here ct'ing to rotp?  I'm an Lt, getting my capt in August... Was an infantry platoon commander in the sand box and apparently I'm going down to Ocdt for this ct? So you lose you're commission? Anyone else having this issue?

unit91 said:
Any guys here ct'ing to rotp?  I'm an Lt, getting my capt in August... Was an infantry platoon commander in the sand box and apparently I'm going down to Ocdt for this ct? So you lose you're commission? Anyone else having this issue?

You can get promoted to Capt in the reserves without a degree? So much for a degree'd officer corps.... :facepalm:

You can get capt in the regs without a degree too.  It's a time in promotion... Maj is merited and must have a degree to be competitive.  Also you never needed a degree to be an oficer until Trudeau came in, which really makes you no better of an infantry officer having a degree or not.

unit91 said:
You can get capt in the regs without a degree too.  It's a time in promotion... Maj is merited and must have a degree to be competitive.  Also you never needed a degree to be an oficer until Trudeau came in, which really makes you no better of an infantry officer having a degree or not.

Well, unless you have a time machine you won't be a Lt until you finish ROTP.

Okay I figured now would be the best time to ask this question, I am going to apply to RMC next year and I wanted to do Military and strategic studies. What are the courses I should take in grade 12. Currently I have French, English, Biology, Chemistry, Fitness, Law, History and Math all at the university level. I also want to know if I can do a college level math instead because the university prep course will drop my grades to a low 80 or high 70 average instead of a comfortable 85. What do you guys and gals know, I'm asking this now hoping an RMC graduate or current student or even a recruiting officer can help but everyones input is helpful.

These discussions may ( or may not ) help.

"But I'm just lost and I just need some clarification.. about the academics at RMC

I'm not strong at all in math or physics, and It says on the RMC website that grade 12 physics and calculus is needed to get into an Arts program. The specific program I'm looking at is history and Military and Strategic Studies. Is it absolutely necessary to have the grade 12 physics and calculus?"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/107345.0

I was wondering if I should change my two functions courses to a math studies course. This would make my course load easier but I'm wondering if it is important to have those courses to go to RMC ( I want to take Military and Strategic Studies).
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109501/post-1210071.html#msg1210071

I found this website to be much better then the RMC website.
http://www.forces.ca/interactive/rmc/kingston/index.html
*HINT--> There is a button  on the bottom right corner which can switch it over to RMC- St. Jean

mariomike said:
These discussions may ( or may not ) help.

"But I'm just lost and I just need some clarification.. about the academics at RMC

I'm not strong at all in math or physics, and It says on the RMC website that grade 12 physics and calculus is needed to get into an Arts program. The specific program I'm looking at is history and Military and Strategic Studies. Is it absolutely necessary to have the grade 12 physics and calculus?"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/107345.0

I was wondering if I should change my two functions courses to a math studies course. This would make my course load easier but I'm wondering if it is important to have those courses to go to RMC ( I want to take Military and Strategic Studies).
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109501/post-1210071.html#msg1210071

You don't need calculus for arts at RMC.  I believe you need one grade 12 U math course.  If your going for science or engineering you will need calculus however.

Anyone doing anything special, training wise, in order to get in peak physical condition before the orientation period?

blcbandit said:
Anyone doing anything special, training wise, in order to get in peak physical condition before the orientation period?

well I've been going with Diamond push ups to exhaustion, 30 second rest, Triceps pushups to the same, another 30 seconds, and wide grips; that's a set, three sets, every other day. That, sit ups, and jogging.

Hopefully I'll survive. I'm not planning on quitting, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in... that's 30 days, now!  ;D

How about you, what have you been doing?

Hi,
I was wondering what a homeschooler has to do to get in to RMC. The question is, do I have to write a test to get in or are homeschoolers even accepted at RMC? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine (a homeschooler) applied to college and had to write an english test to be accepted. Does RMC have something similar?

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/faq-101
Homeschooling

Homeschooling also known as home-based learning, home learning and home education, is education given to a student, typically conducted by parents, guardians or tutors at home, outside the formal venue of public school education.

Although not new in Canadian society, homeschooling quickly became a secondary mode of educating children with the adoption of the Federal Education Act and the availability of free public accessible schooling. Homeschooling is governed under provincial education laws and, therefore, provincially monitored.

Due to the vagueness of provincial legislation and widely separated views on homeschooling, the CF does not acknowledge home-based schooling without a legally authenticated document by a provincial authority. Applicants who have undergone homeschooling at the secondary school level are to have their marks assessed and transcribed by the provincial education authority.

If I were you, I would speak with the local CFRC on Tuesday and ask them if there are any other requirements you must meet regarding home schooling and applying for ROTP/RMC.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96#paiduniversity-1

THE SELECTION PROCESS

Since an application to ROTP is also an application to the Canadian Military College System, all candidates are assessed against:
An aptitude test
A medical examination
An interview
Military Potential — an assessment of Aptitudes, Personality Traits, and the choice of occupation
Academic Performance — an assessment of a candidate’s top six most recent marks related to the requirements of the chosen programme.
Officer Cadets are obliged to maintain satisfactory academic and military performance throughout the programme. Upon successful completion of ROTP, Officer Cadets are awarded a university degree and granted commissions as Officers in the Canadian Forces. Normally, graduates serve at least five years with the Canadian Forces. In order to increase the likelihood of your application being processed this year, you should submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than January 16, 2012. If you are interested in becoming a Military Police Officer, you should submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than November 14, 2011.

Sometimes, there are more qualified candidates than the CMC System can accommodate or your choice of programme is not offered. In this instance, you would be eligible to apply to any Canadian university. Your books, lab fees and student fees are covered, and you receive a monthly salary.

McThor, homeschooling applications are often treated a bit different by universities. 

This suggestion does not circumnavigate the CFRC policy quoted above:

I suspect you may want to look into applying to a public university and going through their process for homeschool applications. It is often an interview, and maybe a couple tests. If you are accepted and can show that, it may strengthen your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back