• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect to your question about aeronautical engineering, all first year engineering students take a general engineering course, then start to branch off into specific areas (such as civil, mechanical, aeronautical, etc.) in second year. If there was ever competition for a certain program, first year marks would most likely be the factor that the staff look at, not flight experience.

Eye In The Sky said:

I thought AESOPs and Load Masters went through ASC as well.  More than willing to be corrected.

(Us self-loading cargo, on the other hand...)

I realize that many of us are playing the waiting game right now and I need to be patient, but here's a few questions:

1. Has anyone received/heard about second round offers from the Halifax recruiting centre?

2. Has anyone received any second round Nursing offers?

Thanks!

AEC are not aircrew - not withstanding their brief status while OUTCAN.

SeR said:
How come RMC was not an option.

I wasn't eligible, mostly because my CEGEP marks from when I first attempted it weren't exactly up to par. But hey, my average is pretty good right now, and I'm aiming for A- across the board in uni, so we'll see. I would have no issue transferring to RMC even after a year of civil university, even if I didn't get equivalencies.

I got my offer today for Kingston, Infantry Officer. I'm out of CFRC Montreal.
Keep your chins un people :)  Best call of my life!

Noctis said:
I got my offer today for Kingston, Infantry Officer. I'm out of CFRC Montreal.
Keep your chins un people :)  Best call of my life!

Hey, félicitation pour ton offre ! Tu avais déjà complété ton cégep pour avoir reçu un offre pour Kingston ou ??

Just an update for me, people.

I rejected my MARS offer to pursure AEC.

News came through today that I've been accepted for AEC.

However, I am now going to St.Jean instead of directly to Kingston.

Well, good luck to other folks.

Having a pilots license will not give you an advantage over other candidates. Air crew selection that all candidates must go through will be a big factor for selection and having previous flight experience may or may not help. Candidates with no experience have passed and trained pilots have been known to fail the simulator.

If you have good marks, good extra-curriculars, pass the aptitude test,have a great interview, pass air crew selection and are deemed to be a good candidate then you will make pilot.

The only advantage that having a pilots license MAY give you is that you can by-pass primary flight traing at Portage and go directly to basic flight at Moosejaw.

Good luck

nic32 said:
Hey, félicitation pour ton offre ! Tu avais déjà complété ton cégep pour avoir reçu un offre pour Kingston ou ??

Oui, j'ai complété mon cégep en 2010. Je me sens vraiment vieux  :p

Congrats Rockgollem for your offer for AEC! :)

Noctis said:
Oui, j'ai complété mon cégep en 2010. Je me sens vraiment vieux  :p

Congrats Rockgollem for your offer for AEC! :)

Haha tu n'as pas à te sentir vieux, moi j'ai 21 pis je recommence au complet. J'ai une dizaine de cours du cégep donc j'ai dû appliquer au Junior donc 5 ans à faire. Peut-être que je vais être bon pour me faire crédité pas mal de cours ce qui serait plaisir. Anyway sa me dérange vraiment pas de recommencer au tout début c'est mon rêve donc sa prendra le temps que ça prendra.

Rockgollem said:
Just an update for me, people.

I rejected my MARS offer to pursure AEC.

News came through today that I've been accepted for AEC.

However, I am now going to St.Jean instead of directly to Kingston.

Well, good luck to other folks.

Nice news for you, congratulation !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back