• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
flatlander13 said:
Thanks for the reply and congratulations!! Good to know some civi U offers are going out. The waiting process is killing me; so hopefully I hear one way or another soon! Will update once that happens.
ROTPApplicantWLU said:
I'm also waiting! I called my CFRC and my file manager said offers will continue over the next couple weeks.

Best of luck! Earlier in the year I had been told selection for my occupation would happen sometime in June or July, but here's hoping I don't have to wait that long.

As anyone received joining instructions yet? I know there are some on RMC St-Jean's page but did anyone receive some papers by mail or even maybe email?

Here is the link with RMC St-Jean Joining instructions http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/fe-fs/ir-ji/ire-jic-eng.asp

I got a phone call from the the file manager in Ottawa Friday.  I applied for ROTP CE Officer but was told I did not get it.  I was however going to be offered Sig O Civy U and the offer would be in in about 2 weeks, (Sig O or nothing I was told).  She just wanted to give me a heads up.  So the next round of offers should be coming in soon.

Received the joining instructions via email from the recruitment office and an official letter a few weeks later as well.  The letter says report to RMC August 14th and the joining instructions say August 7th.  Anyone know which date is the correct one?

When you get sworn in, you will find out all the final details.  However, I  would prepare for the earlier date just to be on the safe side.

Stiman said:
I would wait until you complete your grade 12 math and science courses before ruling out engineering. I understand he will have to apply before he completes his grade 12 courses, but I still think he should see how the first semester goes.

I have my engineering degree in civil engineering (structural). I agree that engineering school is quite hard, but it doesn't mean you can't do it. Especially if you start working hard in your final year of school.

I think it's more important to determine if you're truly interested and have a passion for engineering (problem solving).

I don't understand why everyone here has to be so hard on young people...

You can PM me if you want to ask more specific questions.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REPLY!

Funny that you mentioned you have a degree in civil engineering, because I was looking into civil engineering too but more of the transportation side of it. I've seen a lot of people in my school go from 60's to high 80's over the course of a year. In my sane opinion, I think RMC or any other university would rather accept a student who's average is in the 80's with a lot of real life experience such as: volunteering, extra-curriculars, part time jobs, ect... than someone with a very high average (90's +) who doesn't have any experience at all. I think it all comes down to time management and life balancing. Someone who hasn't experienced it before they get into university might be successful because soo many things are being thrown at you, and knowing how to manage them is the key to success. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or young people like myself are constantly being judged by society!?

at CFRC Montreal I was told that we are supposed to get sworn in on July 25, but I find it hard to believe cause according to the RMC St-Jean joining instructions we have to report there on the 26th or 27th before 14:00. I guess we are gonna get the info once all the selection rounds are over.

OlivierColas said:
at CFRC Montreal I was told that we are supposed to get sworn in on July 25, but I find it hard to believe cause according to the RMC St-Jean joining instructions we have to report there on the 26th or 27th before 14:00. I guess we are gonna get the info once all the selection rounds are over.

You can be sworn in up until the day before you start your job if I remember correctly. Montreal is close to St-Jean. Just confirm with your RC.

Everybody is judged, but less once they have proven themselves.

Everybody judges, and we are pickier than most as our lives depend on others.

Most of us save our harshest judgements for ourselves.

Hey guys,

Just got my offer for the 2nd selection. Occupation : Pilot and I'm going to St-Jean !! Best call of my life

Good Job for everyone and for those who still wait, be patient !

Well apparently I didn't get an offer, as my file manager told me. Sucks, but it's alright, unless I get a last minute offer I will be going to university anyway and applying again next year. Good luck to everyone!

ouellette9 said:
When are we supposed to get sworn in?

Depends on which CFRC you are being enrolled at.  Each one has a different date for ROTP applicants.

That a boy nic! Glad to hear you got in. I guess I'll see you up at St. Jean.

As for joining instructions, I personally have not received any yet. I too was concerned about this issue and decided to give my CFRC a call and she basically explained to me that as soon as she gets the go ahead from Ottawa she will send them. She also sent me last years and told me that while it is similar it is obviously not exact.

Chelomo said:
Well apparently I didn't get an offer, as my file manager told me. Sucks, but it's alright, unless I get a last minute offer I will be going to university anyway and applying again next year. Good luck to everyone!

Good decision!

I failed Aircrew Selection last year, therefore not receiving an offer. I still decided to do first year, and I am glad I did. Keep your chin up!

ROTPApplicantWLU said:
Good decision!

I failed Aircrew Selection last year, therefore not receiving an offer. I still decided to do first year, and I am glad I did. Keep your chin up!

Thanks man, I was told that my file was very competitive this year, but the fact I could only go to civvy-u must have fucked up my chances. I'll volunteer and probably join the fencing team in Ottawa, so that should add a few points to my score :D

I am currently doing flight training to obtain my recreational license (because i'm only 16). I plan on applying to RMC for aeronautical engineering, and after obtaining my degree hopefully become a fighter pilot. Will having previous flight experience give me a better chance of getting into aeronautical engineering? Also, is previous experience taken into account when candidates are selected for the pilot trade?

Thanks

No.

And no.  All aircrew go through aircrew selection, regardless of prior experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back