• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
arezaie said:
The only reason I want to go to RMC is I've heard that for the pilot trade, they take first pick from RMC and then go to Civi Universities and DEO. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not, but that is the only thing that is worrying me; I don't want to be at a disadvantage.

You're not at a disatvantage. ROTP is the same in terms of program, being that you go to RMC or civi u.

AFAIK, they first pick ROTP, then DEO then CEOTP

Oh so you mean they first pick ROTP - not RMC. Therefore anyone classified as an ROTP applicant, whether in a Civi U or RMC gets first pick?

when I spoke to a recruiter he told me there were 500 positions, 250 rmc and 250 civi u.

I applied today for ROTP.

First choice Pilot
Second ACSO
Third Aerospace Control

All have flying positions, which is what I am looking for.

Wish me luck!

Amarko87 said:
I applied today for ROTP.

First choice Pilot
Second ACSO
Third Aerospace Control

All have flying positions, which is what I am looking for.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Make sure to keep us updated! Hopefully I will see you and the others on this thread next year here at RMC :)

2nd time applicant here!

going in for medical and interview tomorrow(friday) morning!

applied for  MARS
                Infantry
                Artillery

good luck everyone!

604steve said:
2nd time applicant here!

going in for medical and interview tomorrow(friday) morning!

applied for  MARS
                Infantry
                Artillery

good luck everyone!

Same exact choices as me in the same order. Good taste and good luck!

1st time ROTP/RMC applicant!

Have finished CFAT and Interview.  Now a big waiting game!  Good Luck to everyone that makes it to the selection stage.  Finishing grade 12 in Yellowknife NT.  Component Transfer from Primary Reserve to Regular Forces.

Applied for:

Naval Combat Systems Engineering
Artillery
MARS

Hope to experience the warm weather in Kingston next year!

How soon after submitting your academic questionnaire  did you hear back about your cfat and medical?  What form did the contact come?  email, mail, phone?

For mine, it took two weeks from the time I submitted the ROTP questionaire for  the recruiter to contact me. I got an email today with the documents I need to take in. So I will try to do that on Monday just to speed the aptitude testing, medical etc. 

Any one living in Toronto and would like to study for the aptitude test: Please contact me(I started today even thought I havent schedule a time as yet)

I failed  :rage: by 1 point previously for my career chose - Aerospace some thing - (It was my only chose at the time). Very discouraging as the sample is not even close to the level of difficulty to the actual exam. I failed to prepare, thought I knew every thing.  After 3 yrs of college, I am back -- Lets study

If you have skype etc and want to study from a distance .. thats cool too

Mahaica said:
For mine, it took two weeks from the time I submitted the ROTP questionaire for  the recruiter to contact me. I got an email today with the documents I need to take in. So I will try to do that on Monday just to speed the aptitude testing, medical etc. 

Any one living in Toronto and would like to study for the aptitude test: Please contact me(I started today even thought I havent schedule a time as yet)

I failed  :rage: by 1 point previously for my career chose - Aerospace some thing - (It was my only chose at the time). Very discouraging as the sample is not even close to the level of difficulty to the actual exam. I failed to prepare, thought I knew every thing.  After 3 yrs of college, I am back -- Lets study

If you have skype etc and want to study from a distance .. thats cool too
From what I've heard the best way to prepare is by simply finding IQ tests online and things of that nature.

And, from experience, I know those IQ tests are very similar to most professional IQ tests.  Considering I do well on those I'm not planning on studying for it.  Am I wrong?

Amarko87 said:
From what I've heard the best way to prepare is by simply finding IQ tests online and things of that nature.

And, from experience, I know those IQ tests are very similar to most professional IQ tests.  Considering I do well on those I'm not planning on studying for it.  Am I wrong?

Well, when I did my CFAT, I didn't really "study" for it either. I just searched up a bunch of online IQ tests and did those. They are good preparation for the CFAT since the questions are quite similar. If you can master those, you'll do fine on the spatial and problem solving portions. For the language skills portion, it's just a matter of expanding your vocabulary.

Cui said:
Just our of curiousity, any second/third time applicants on here?

Second-time-around applicant here for 1. Armour Officer 2. Infantry Officer. Applied for Civilian University ROTP (as a current university student). My interview is at the end of November. Only 400 ROTP spots this year, I've been told by my file manager. After first selection for ROTP 2012-2013 there were 400 slots left to fill! Looks like competition will be even more tight this year. Good luck to all applicants!

Conz said:
Second-time-around applicant here for 1. Armour Officer 2. Infantry Officer. Applied for Civilian University ROTP (as a current university student). My interview is at the end of November. Only 400 ROTP spots this year, I've been told by my file manager. After first selection for ROTP 2012-2013 there were 400 slots left to fill! Looks like competition will be even more tight this year. Good luck to all applicants!

I'd like someone to confirm this as my recruiter(s) still said 500.

Good luck though!

It's just what I heard. From my experience talking to recruiters...there's a lot of hearsay going on, haha! Thanks for the wishes!

First post for me.

I've applied for the September 2013 year out of Vancouver. Good luck to all who applied! Take my CFAT Tuesday morning. Looking towards Infantry.

Good luck! I received my CFAT call today for Wednesday. Oddly enough, he told me to go to www.cfatready.ca..

FutureSailor said:
Good luck! I received my CFAT call today for Wednesday. Oddly enough, he told me to go to www.cfatready.ca..

Sure, try out their free version if you want. If you look through the forums, the general consensus is that it's not worth it to pay for something like that.

When I did my CFAT, the best way for me was just free IQ tests online. They're quite similar to the questions on the CFAT. As well, there are free versions of the ASVAB that the US military uses.

Good luck.

Cui said:
Sure, try out their free version if you want. If you look through the forums, the general consensus is that it's not worth it to pay for something like that.

When I did my CFAT, the best way for me was just free IQ tests online. They're quite similar to the questions on the CFAT. As well, there are free versions of the ASVAB that the US military uses.

Good luck.

Thanks  :), I've been studying everyday and I'm pretty sure I'll do well. Many IQ tests, spatial tests, math tests (my weak point, which is apparently not uncommon), verbal, etc.

I didn't think CFATready was associated with the Forces is all.

Studying daily will definitely help you! ...or at least give you some confidence going into the CFAT ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back