• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those out of CFRC Hamilton, our briefing and paperwork is July 5th. Swearing-in is July 6th.

:salute:

Is any one else who has been accepted to RMC St. Jean out of CFRC Hamilton travelling by plane August 8th? 

I am applying to ROTP for September 2013! my top 3 choices are infantry officer, pilot, artillery officer. I am currently enrolled at Vancouver Island University and taking Physical Education. What I am wondering is if this degree counts for ROTP?

Well looks like I didn't make it for second round of selections. Does anyone know when third round selections will happen (if at all) as my university is asking for a deposit by July 3rd.
I guess I will have to let it go and try again next year.

Here's an update on my situation for any folks who are interested:

I got a call from CFRC Vancouver in the middle of may, after most first round offers were out. They informed me that one of my aircrew medical forms had been misplaced and my file was being sent back to Vancouver until I could provide a copy of the form or get a new one filled out. The sergeant in charge of medical stuff in CFRC Van told me that I needed to get the form as quick as possible so my file could be mailed rush/urgent back to the ROTP boards for processing. Luckily my dad (who is also my doctor) had made a photocopy for his own purposes, so I was able to fax my form back in that day. Since then, I have been asked some questions pertaining to swearing in if I "hypothetically got an offer" (recruiter's words) and I have received an email regarding PLAR, since I have completed a year at UBC. I also got a call from the RC while at work today asking me to call in tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping that these are indicators that an offer for ACSO (my only occupation choice requiring aircrew medical) may still be coming for me.

Fingers crossed!
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, and congrats to all those who have been accepted!

jparkin said:
Here's an update on my situation for any folks who are interested:

I got a call from CFRC Vancouver in the middle of may, after most first round offers were out. They informed me that one of my aircrew medical forms had been misplaced and my file was being sent back to Vancouver until I could provide a copy of the form or get a new one filled out. The sergeant in charge of medical stuff in CFRC Van told me that I needed to get the form as quick as possible so my file could be mailed rush/urgent back to the ROTP boards for processing. Luckily my dad (who is also my doctor) had made a photocopy for his own purposes, so I was able to fax my form back in that day. Since then, I have been asked some questions pertaining to swearing in if I "hypothetically got an offer" (recruiter's words) and I have received an email regarding PLAR, since I have completed a year at UBC. I also got a call from the RC while at work today asking me to call in tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping that these are indicators that an offer for ACSO (my only occupation choice requiring aircrew medical) may still be coming for me.

Fingers crossed!
Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, and congrats to all those who have been accepted!

Hopefully it's good news, good luck!

It is already in June and I have not been contacted about my acceptance/rejection for ROTP Civ U this year. Last time I called was yesterday and they said I have been assigned to a national quota and meret listed. Is there still a chance I may still be accepted for this up coming year?

flyers123 said:
It is already in June and I have not been contacted about my acceptance/rejection for ROTP Civ U this year. Last time I called was yesterday and they said I have been assigned to a national quota and meret listed. Is there still a chance I may still be accepted for this up coming year?

The first two selections have been completed and there is a third coming up.  So what you are being told is that you have a chance at the third.  The amount of spots entirely depends on how many people decline their offer.

So I received an envelope in the mail today from R.M.C. St. Jean and within it was a series of instructions involving some paperwork that has to be filled out and either mailed or faxed to them before I get there, no problem at all. What was odd about it though, was who ever had written the letter stated that I am to arrive on Sunday July 29th to begin the orientation program but I was told by my recruiter at CFRC Hamilton that I'm to arrive at R.M.C. St. Jean for the orientation program on August 8th. 

Now, I did call CFRC Hamilton and the directory for extensions had said no one was available. I'm going to give them a call again tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I checked the R.M.C. St. Jean's website to see what they have posted in the joining instructions for arrival dates. The website says the starting date for the orientation program is July 29th as well.

What makes sense is that my recruiting center I applied out of has not received finalized dates and are awaiting on them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Phobos  :cdn:

It's a possibility that your recruiter mixed up the orientation dates for CMR and RMC Kingston. The orientation date for those going to RMC Kingston is August 8 as stated on their website. Either way, just ensure that you get a hold of your recruiter to clarify.

I'm about 99% positive that you have to go on July 29th like the joining instructions say. The recruiter probably has it mixed up with the date for rmc Kingston applicants. A friend of mine goes to st jean and he told me that you have to leave earlier for st jean vs Kingston. Hope this helps.  ;D

Phobos said:
So I received an envelope in the mail today from R.M.C. St. Jean and within it was a series of instructions involving some paperwork that has to be filled out and either mailed or faxed to them before I get there, no problem at all. What was odd about it though, was who ever had written the letter stated that I am to arrive on Sunday July 29th to begin the orientation program but I was told by my recruiter at CFRC Hamilton that I'm to arrive at R.M.C. St. Jean for the orientation program on August 8th. 

Now, I did call CFRC Hamilton and the directory for extensions had said no one was available. I'm going to give them a call again tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I checked the R.M.C. St. Jean's website to see what they have posted in the joining instructions for arrival dates. The website says the starting date for the orientation program is July 29th as well.

What makes sense is that my recruiting center I applied out of has not received finalized dates and are awaiting on them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Joining Instructions. I was just at CFRC Kingston today and there were three of us talking to our file manager. One going to RMC (August 8th), one going to Civi U (Me, no orientation until I'm at Waterloo and it will be with a reserve unit), and one CMR Student (July 29th). All of our Joining instructions are different.

I had a feeling the recruiters had a slight mix up. I'll mention it when I speak with them tomorrow. Thanks guys.

AEC2B said:
one going to Civi U (Me, no orientation until I'm at Waterloo and it will be with a reserve unit)

Really? Most Civy-u students have a 2 week recruit camp at CFLRS in August.

Even though the thread is not officially active yet, I guess I should introduce myself: I'm Canuck Fried Chicken, high school graduate (June 2012) and I am applying out of CFRC Vancouver for ROTP 2013-2014 this September. I am also a newbie in this forum. My 3 occupational choices are: Armored Officer, Intelligence Officer and Infantry Officer.

Alex.Landry said:
Having gone through what most of you will go through, I promised myself that I'd offer my help to anyone out there looking for it, like the gracious hosts of Army.ca Forums offered me this past year.

I am currently dated to be enrolled and will be attending RMC this fall as an ENG officer potential.

I will gladly offer any insight or advice if anyone wants it for this coming year.

Good luck to you all! Remember to stay positive!

Being through the same process as Alex has gone through and set to be a future classmate of mine, I am also willing to provide my experiences towards the application process to anyone who asks for it. Keep in mind though, the experiences I share are mine and most certainly do not mean that you will be going through the process exactly how I went through.

To reiterate what Alex said: Don't give up. If you want this, stick with it.

Does anyone know if the professors at RMC will allow us to use electronics (namely laptops/tablets) in class for note taking purposes? I have searched for threads addressing this, but they were all from several years ago, when such a practice was not as common.

Yea, I just bought a new macbook pro, so I'm hoping we'll be allowed to use laptops!

I'm assuming that if the classes are like any other university, then the use of laptops would be up to the professor. However, if somebody who has attended RMC or is currently attending can clear this up, it would be greatly appreciated.

LOLslamball said:
Really? Most Civy-u students have a 2 week recruit camp at CFLRS in August.

I stand corrected. My file manager informed me on Friday that I will be going to Recruit Camp, that she gave me incorrect information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back