• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Savagale said:
Welp, no dice for me this year again. But who knows. Maybe third times a charm, am I right?
See some of you all in next years thread.

A couple of us here know the feeling you are having right now and it is not fun. Keep pushing on, your efforts will not go unrewarded. I am sure that over the last two years you have come a long way regarding self development and improvement and that alone is a reward.

I looked through the thread and could not find any previous posts from you regarding your application, what trade are you going for?

I went for pilot. This is my second year applying. The first I got cut at the interview and the second time I made it past Aircrew selection and just didn't make the final cut. So looking at my current trend next year isn't looking so bad. :p

Oh well, that's too bad to hear. But like KY said, 2 years is a lot of time for self-improvement, and I'm sure your experiences will benefit you wherever life takes you, not just the CF.

AEC said:
Who else already got their offer, and who is still waiting by the phone? i know CFRC Montreal already finished calling the accepted applicants for the first round

Really? I live in Toronto area and applied as aerospace engineering officer. I havent got a call yet. Im so nervous.. I hope I get in..

floyd617 said:
Really? I live in Toronto area and applied as aerospace engineering officer. I havent got a call yet. Im so nervous.. I hope I get in..

I'm out of CFRC Toronto as well, I was told that they have finished calling the first round of applicants. Good luck to everyone still waiting by the phone, as the second round of selections will start tentatively on the 14th.

Hope more good news come in as time goes on!  :)

Having been done before, I'm thinking of creating a Facebook group for those who have been accepted to attend RMC Kingston for this Fall. (Just another place where we can talk and such..) 

Opinions?

scriptox said:
Having been done before, I'm thinking of creating a Facebook group for those who have been accepted to attend RMC Kingston for this Fall. (Just another place where we can talk and such..) 

Opinions?

Might want to make it more inclusive, you know, for people going to St. Jean and Civvi-U too?

Facebook group = great idea

Did anyone receive their joining instructions yet? Or get sworn in? Or anything beyond the initial phone call?

Burko said:

Did anyone receive their joining instructions yet? Or get sworn in? Or anything beyond the initial phone call?

From what I've heard, most of the swearing in ceremonies take place mid-July, as for joining instructions, they are on the RMC website. I think someone posted a link a few pages back in this thread as well.

For those who are going to CMR-St Jean for 1st year only, then RMC for next 3 years, here's the link for the joining instructions:

http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/fe-fs/ir-ji/ire-jic-eng.asp

Also, for some reason, I was told the indoctrination training is August 8th to August 25th, but the link says July 29th to August 31th.

Additionally I have 2 questions those who received an offer.
1- Who else here is having the ceremony at 4900 Yonge Street on July 11th, 2012?
2- Did you receive your joining instructions as an email? (If yes, were they the same as on the link/CMR-St Jean website?)

I personally was not sent the joining instructions.

Burko said:

I can confirm CFRC Vancouver emailed the link to the joining instructions. It was posted here several weeks ago though by jwtg. They also had details on the swearing in ceremony which takes place Thursday July 12, 2012 at the 39 Canadian Brigade Group in Vancouver.

albud289 said:
Also, for some reason, I was told the indoctrination training is August 8th to August 25th, but the link says July 29th to August 31th.

The orientation for each college is different. Kingston cadets go through two weeks of basic type stuff in Quebec, and are sent afterwards to do their FYOP in Kingston during the first five weeks of training. Saint-Jean has it different, they have a five week period called OP (Orientation Period) before the start of studies, which would make sense as to why the dates are different. Not totally sure on the dates though.

^ Yay :)

On another note, does anyone know what would happen in the case of non-permanent injury BEFORE being sworn in and I'm not fully recovered by the time recruit camp rolls around? I ask because my parents are making me stop my martial arts training (specifically Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) in case something happens and my ROTP offer gets revoked. I'm really passionate about martial arts and I would honestly go insane without it for three months, and obviously it would be worse to miss out on ROTP, but if my offer would be deferred instead of completely revoked, it would be nice to hear official word of that so that I can continue to do what I love.

Cheers,
Julie

joolay said:

On another note, does anyone know what would happen in the case of non-permanent injury BEFORE being sworn in and I'm not fully recovered by the time recruit camp rolls around? I ask because my parents are making me stop my martial arts training (specifically Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) in case something happens and my ROTP offer gets revoked. I'm really passionate about martial arts and I would honestly go insane without it for three months, and obviously it would be worse to miss out on ROTP, but if my offer would be deferred instead of completely revoked, it would be nice to hear official word of that so that I can continue to do what I love.

Cheers,
Julie

Good question. Do you know your recruiters or file managers contact info? I'm sure if you shoot them a quick email they would be more then happy to give you an answer.

joolay said:

Cheers,
Julie

Everything depends on the nature and severity of the injury. 

Your parents advice is good- while the risk of injury in BJJ is relatively small, the potential is certainly there.  If I were you/when I was in your position, I wasn't about to risk my career for a hobby, no matter how much I enjoyed it.

Yep JoBo I've already done so. I just thought I'd pose the question here as well in case I could get a faster reply.

jwtg I see what you're saying, but where do you draw the line? The potential for injury exists in any physical activity and even everyday activities but I'm obviously not going to stop working out because of that. BJJ gets a bad rap from people that train too aggressively; if Helio Gracie can roll at 100% intensity at the age of 95 I'm probably more likely to get shin splints (which can lead to fractures as it did for a friend of mine) from too much running, than an elbow injury from a quickly released armbar. But you're right that a hobby isn't worth a career so regardless it looks like I will be sticking to hitting the heavy bag as a surrogate form of stress relief until I hear more about the conditions of the ROTP offer.  :mad:

joolay said:
jwtg I see what you're saying, but where do you draw the line? The potential for injury exists in any physical activity and even everyday activities but I'm obviously not going to stop working out because of that.

I'm going to have to agree with jwtg. While yes, the potential for injury exists in everything you do, we can choose to avoid those activities that are a little more risky leading up to orientation.

I just had this mental conversation with myself this past week. Last weekend I worked a pretty rough shift and got banged up pretty good while working. I decided that while it may affect my income, I won't be putting myself at risk and working with clients who are violent or abuse drugs over the next couple months. And thats my job, not a hobby. There are always alternatives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back