• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
bemason said:
I think for some reason it might differ between the schools. Not sure why that would be and it doesn't make much sense. It's possible CMR hasn't updated their joining instructions yet.

Indeed. We will see what the future holds. I'm just being antsy at the moment haha.

Read through the past few pages of this thread, or use the search function for FYOP or INDOC or Orientation Course.  There have been NUMEROUS entries describing what your summer will look like, and there are posts all over this forum that explain what the orientation course you will be doing is like.

The question has been asked and asked, and if you don't know the answers yet, it's because you haven't bothered looking for them.

Also someone posted a link to the joining instructions, which gives you a pretty good idea of the timeline, if not the specific day to day activities.

I'm coming out of CFRC Toronto and these are the following dates explained to me by the person who called:
Swearing in ceremony: July 10-11 (first day paperwork, second is the ceremony)
Orientation: August 12-24

I assume orientations the same for all of us, the signing of paperwork and indoc might be different.
This is for those accepted to ROTP RMCC Kingston.

Hey everyone!

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, but unfortunately it seems I may be outta luck this year for acceptance to RMC Kingston.

Is there for sure another selection going to be happening, and if there is, is it going to be a lot smaller amount of acceptances going to be sent out?

I still have my fingers crossed, although my mind sort of has it crossed off for the year,
Cheers!

OdoyleRules said:
Hey everyone!

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, but unfortunately it seems I may be outta luck this year for acceptance to RMC Kingston.

Is there for sure another selection going to be happening, and if there is, is it going to be a lot smaller amount of acceptances going to be sent out?

I still have my fingers crossed, although my mind sort of has it crossed off for the year,
Cheers!

Keep your head up! It's only the second week of notifications, lots of time yet. Like people have said before offers can trickle in right up until August. I don't think anyone in my area has heard yet so chances are your RC hasn't started making their calls yet.

From what I understand, CFRC Halifax will be making offers starting next week. Not sure why the delay out of that office.

Kris

sailor14 said:
From what I understand, CFRC Halifax will be making offers starting next week. Not sure why the delay out of that office.

Kris

Hey Kris,
Where'd you hear that? That's my office, that's why I ask.

My son called the office today. The lady told him he should hear something next week.

Kris

dancerbo said:
Just out of curiosity, how many people here applied out of CFRC Vancouver?

I was told that out of CFRC Vancouver roughly 100+ applied and 23 were selected.

When I spoke with the Cpl. at my RC she said that over 1000 people had applied, and they sent out 40 offers. We are the 4%!

littlewhitebuddha said:
When I spoke with the Cpl. at my RC she said that over 1000 people had applied, and they sent out 40 offers. We are the 4%!

Was that 1000 people handed in an application, or 1000 who were merit listed?

dancerbo said:
I see, that's rather discouraging. Did a recruiter tell you that?

Yes. This comes directly from Captain Korn. He's a really great guy and he also did my interview. We had a good 5 minute conversation when I was at CFRC Vancouver on the 19th. That was one of the things he told me.

JoBo said:
Yes. This comes directly from Captain Korn. He's a really great guy and he also did my interview. We had a good 5 minute conversation when I was at CFRC Vancouver on the 19th. That was one of the things he told me.

He's probably making an estimate from previous years. The recruiters I have talked to over the last year say they only handle receiving the application, processing it and the stuff up to the interview and then they don't know a thing until they get the list of those accepted. But who knows, what they are told may differ from area to area.

Kayghee said:
I'm coming out of CFRC Toronto and these are the following dates explained to me by the person who called:
Swearing in ceremony: July 10-11 (first day paperwork, second is the ceremony)
Orientation: August 12-24

I assume orientations the same for all of us, the signing of paperwork and indoc might be different.
This is for those accepted to ROTP RMCC Kingston.

Don't forget that we start August 8th for clearance and some other things. It's probably a lot of paper work.

Fear not, those out of CFRC Halifax: I got my call today, accepted to RMC Kingston as EME. Hopefully you guys will hear first thing Monday!

Cui said:
Was that 1000 people handed in an application, or 1000 who were merit listed?

She didn't say exactly, but I'd guess that's how many guys were merit listed. I wouldn't think guys who weren't listed would be counted as applicants since technically they didn't make it through the application. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back