• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoBo said:
Good luck man! I've followed this thread for several months now so I know how much you want it. Fingers crossed you get the call Monday or Tuesday. I'll send positive thoughts your way. :salute:

Much appreciated!

JPye said:
Matthew1786, That blows (whipping out the best of my vernacular with that statement lol). Hopefully you get some time to unwind soon! I was able to sneak away from Borden for 2 days to relax with a friend, helped clear my head after all of the exam jitters. I have my fingers crossed for you! Hoping your news comes in soon!

You're too kind thanks!  :)

Cui said:
The pay scale says a first year OCdt makes $1487 a month, assume that income tax is 30%, you will be taking home about $1040.9 a month. Which is not bad as a single student with no family to support, and no debts.

I know that I will be paying $585 a month for rent starting this fall, so if I do get accepted, then it is more than adequate for me to maintain a comfortable lifestyle and have some money saved up for the future, since I really don't require a lot of material goods.

Don't forget about PLD!

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pub/cbi-dra/205-eng.asp#skiplink

edit: its about halfway down, or just ctrl+f "PLD"

For me (living in Vancouver) it is a significant addition.  :)

Also textbooks are covered, as well as paper/stationary/printer ink etc.  So the salary goes even farther.

LOLslamball said:
Don't forget about PLD!

If you have read the link you posted, you noticed that for many locations, PLD = $0.

PLD rates are also always subject to change and getting money one year doesn't mean you get that next year. Further, as was mentioned on this site a few times already, the future continuation of PLD is looking rather bleak.

So, be careful with "don't forget PLD".

Word of caution, that's all.

LOLslamball said:
Also textbooks are covered, as well as paper/stationary/printer ink etc.  So the salary goes even farther.
Textbooks are covered, and school supplies are covered to a certain amount. 
I forget what the Civ U values are- something like $100 the first year, and $50 each year after that.  Or maybe $150 1st year, and $100 each year after that. 

I don't remember the specifics, but my point is that you can't go out and buy gold & diamond pens, a new laptop and a Swiss Army backpack.  You'll be given an amount to shop within- that being said, it's not hard to buy pens and paper for that amount.

We get $100 a year for Paper, Pens & Supplies (PP&S), which after the initial binder and paper purchase leaves quite the budget for gold & diamond pens. As for textbooks, as long as it says required, you're covered.

LOLslamball said:
Don't forget about PLD!

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pub/cbi-dra/205-eng.asp#skiplink

edit: its about halfway down, or just ctrl+f "PLD"

For me (living in Vancouver) it is a significant addition.  :)

In the above document it speaks of recruitment allowances. Under a few of the occupations it specifically mentions those who have been recruited through ROTP however there is no ROTP mentioned for Engineering Officers. Does that mean that all Eng officers, ROTP or not, get the allowance or that ROTP members do not get it?

Edit: I think I may have just answered my own question  by reading the "Application" column a little closer. Seems is only applies to DEO or CT.

Good luck to all who haven't heard yet! This week might be your week! My cousin has also applied for ROTP! Good luck to the two Matthew's (matt1994 and matthew1786)! I will send positive thoughts your way, because I can tell you both really want it!

Also, good luck to everyone else, too bad everyone can't get accepted!

Cheers!

CDN Aviator said:
PLD rates are also always subject to change and getting money one year doesn't mean you get that next year. Further, as was mentioned on this site a few times already, the future continuation of PLD is looking rather bleak.

So, be careful with "don't forget PLD".

Word of caution, that's all.

Thanks CDN, I considered them stable for some reason.  I didn't give it much thought, thanks for the heads up though.  If it was to go away it's better knowing in advance that it is a possibility.

LOLslamball said:
Thanks CDN, I considered them stable for some reason.

The trouble is that you guys talking about "benefits this" and "benefits that" don't know what you don't know yet. There is much information available on the internet but some people here do not have the knowledge to put it into the proper context and that can be a dangerous thing.

I didn't give it much thought, thanks for the heads up though. 

No problem. Just don't want people to wake up one day and find out they planned everything on something that comes and goes.

It's a new week tomorrow!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL

:cheers:

Just got the call,

I've been accepted to RMC Kingston for Engineering. Occupation was pilot... Second time's a charm! Good luck to all applying, the wait was well worth it, hopefully there will be more offers sent out today!

Hi guys,

Just got the call for Pilot. I'm so HAPPY :) They don't know the Degree i'm going to do because I have to do my Cegep at St-Jean and  I will decide after that.

Good luck to everyone see you there !

742_guy said:
Just got the call,

I've been accepted to RMC Kingston for Engineering. Occupation was pilot... Second time's a charm! Good luck to all applying, the wait was well worth it, hopefully there will be more offers sent out today!

What CFRC are you applying out of my friend?

Congrats on the offer!

I am applying out of CFRC Ottawa. It sounded like I was one of the first to be notified from Ottawa.

Here's to hoping that the rest of you get your offers soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back