• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The eternal learner said:
they send a letter.

I can't wait to feel the grain of the paper
and to smell the ink.
Ow! and realising my name has been 
formally pressed.

If I ever do...

Do they call to advise even if you did not make the first cut? Or is a letter sent out in that case?

Top Gun is why I am a pilot. 

Congrats on finding what you really want though, doing what you want and not what you think you want to do is the key to it all.

Exactly. It's a different feeling you get when you've found something you know you want to do, instead of something you think you want to do.

It's cool that you found your passion that way. Not something you decide overnight is a better way to put it.

Jim Seggie said:
To be honest, you should speak with a recruiter at CFRC on York and Kennedy.

I was chasing my dream too......

But she's too fast for me.......... :(

I tried chasing her again....and yes she is still too fast...... :(

matthew1786 said:
Do they call to advise even if you did not make the first cut? Or is a letter sent out in that case?

When I failed, they didn't called me untill next year (september) to ask me if I wanted to give another try.

matthew1786 said:

No they do not call nor send a letter if you haven't been selected. They only contact the applicants that have been chosen.
You can still call them and check if the first selections have been completed, and take some advice on what options are in front of you if you haven't been selected.

Don't forget that they will later on call the applicants that haven't been selected ( after the selection period) to book your follow up interview and medical.

Hope it answers your questions

I didn't even make it past academic assessment last year, since I had a bad year during grade 11. I improved my marks in grade 12, and now is in a civilian university. To make it this far into the process is pretty amazing to me.

My son is currently attending RMC and I thought I would share a bit of his experience with his acceptance.  He applied twice, the first time he was not accepted (he was right out of high school at this point.)  He received a phone call informing him that he was not accepted for that year and if I remember correctly that was either late April or sometime in May.  He had applied for MPO, a position that I believe did not have very many spots available.  He reapplied the following year with a different occupation and a year of uni under his belt and he received his acceptance, again by phone (he never did receive an acceptance letter) on April 18 of last year.  A very exciting day for sure! :nod:

Just made a forum account. Nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering through this waiting game. I applied last year but my application could not be accepted because I needed to get my asthma cleared but I couldn't get the test done in time for the deadline. Turns out I never even had asthma so I'm back this year better than ever. I'm really expecting to get in but all the waiting is truly testing. My recruiter said I should know by March 23rd, or the end of March by the latest, but who knows. Seems like there is some conflicting intel out there.

littlewhitebuddha said:
Just made a forum account. Nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering through this waiting game. I applied last year but my application could not be accepted because I needed to get my asthma cleared but I couldn't get the test done in time for the deadline. Turns out I never even had asthma so I'm back this year better than ever. I'm really expecting to get in but all the waiting is truly testing. My recruiter said I should know by March 23rd, or the end of March by the latest, but who knows. Seems like there is some conflicting intel out there.

Welcome! Nice to see more people popping up ;D

What program and occupation(s) did you apply for?

Update on myself again... elbow/arm right down to my pinky is now starting to get numb when I do push- ups and stuff.. I really have no idea what the hell is up with my arm.. I am going to go back to the Doctors to see what is up, I want this elbow s*** to just heal up and go away!

I hope you get your arm/elbow squared away man
And I sincerely hope it's end of march and not the end of April

Chalupas said:
I hope you get your arm/elbow squared away man
And I sincerely hope it's end of march and not the end of April

I do to.. I've been to some doctors and they just don't  know what it is. The swelling won't go away and I'm worried this is permanent.. I don't know how I would ever go through something like BMOQ with this arm issue.

canada94 said:
Update on myself again... elbow/arm right down to my pinky is now starting to get numb when I do push- ups and stuff.. I really have no idea what the hell is up with my arm.. I am going to go back to the Doctors to see what is up, I want this elbow s*** to just heal up and go away!

Hmmm. Sounds like tendinitis to me or over training. When you do any exercise that requires you to grip a barbel, do you feel any discomfort, like a numbing pain that radiates from your elbow joint down your arm? If anything, take a rest from training for a week and see if the swelling goes away. After that, sorry man, it's out of my range of knowledge. Unfortunately I'm just a personal trainer not a physio.

Back on topic
littlewhitebuddha, I got the same answer from the Corporal that's in charge of my file. He said we might get answers around the 23Th of March. But to his experience, the offers will start flocking in around April.

We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile I'll keep on staying focus on the goal, being mentally and physically ready like a Leader is supposed to be. Maybe you'll find this funny or crazy but during my runs or my beep test, I recite the 15 steps of battle procedure. Just to test my mental focus under physical fatigue. To tell you the truth guys, maybe I'm being a bit gullible, but what's getting me going is what the Captain said at the end of my interview.

I'll stay positive till the end. We are almost there.

The eternal learner said:
Hmmm. Sounds like tendinitis to me or over training. When you do any exercise that requires you to grip a barbel, do you feel any discomfort, like a numbing pain that radiates from your elbow joint down your arm? If anything, take a rest from training for a week and see if the swelling goes away. After that, sorry man, it's out of my range of knowledge. Unfortunately I'm just a personal trainer not a physio.

Back on topic
littlewhitebuddha, I got the same answer from the Corporal that's in charge of my file. He said we might get answers around the 23Th of March. But to his experience, the offers will start flocking in around April.

We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile I'll keep on staying focus on the goal, being mentally and physically ready like a Leader is supposed to be. Maybe you'll find this funny or crazy but during my runs or my beep test, I recite the 15 steps of battle procedure. Just to test my mental focus under physical fatigue. To tell you the truth guys, maybe I'm being a bit gullible, but what's getting me going is what the Captain said at the end of my interview.

I'll stay positive till the end. We are almost there.

Thanks man!, I just got back from my chiropractor who re-adjusted me and all, he told me that this will heal up and I will be good to go and is essentially no cause for concern.. :) I might not be 100% optimistic about it healing but he sure is!

I did think it was tendinitis as well however, my Dr believes it is simply the result of me not letting the injury heal properly in the first place.. working out while I have repairing tissue etc, so I truly only have myself to blame for this!

I've applied for MARS and Infantry. I know they're almost polar trades, but I'd be good at either, however I'm leaning towards Infantry. I think I could be a good MARS Officer, but I just have so many skills and experiences that would help me excel in the army. I'm currently studying Arabic Language and Culture at the University of Ottawa, and I'd be happy to stay here and continue my degree, but I'd also love to be switched to RMC so we'll see what happens. I want to work in the Middle East when I'm in the CF, and from a peacekeeping perspective, business is good in the Arab world these days. That's my justification for learning Arabic. I just think it would make me so much more combat effective. The language gap was such a big struggle in Afghanistan and for any potential operations in Libya/Syria/Egypt/Lebanon/Tunisia etc. I want to be an asset.

littlewhitebuddha said:
I've applied for MARS and Infantry. I know they're almost polar trades, but I'd be good at either, however I'm leaning towards Infantry. I think I could be a good MARS Officer, but I just have so many skills and experiences that would help me excel in the army. I'm currently studying Arabic Language and Culture at the University of Ottawa, and I'd be happy to stay here and continue my degree, but I'd also love to be switched to RMC so we'll see what happens. I want to work in the Middle East when I'm in the CF, and from a peacekeeping perspective, business is good in the Arab world these days. That's my justification for learning Arabic. I just think it would make me so much more combat effective. The language gap was such a big struggle in Afghanistan and for any potential operations in Libya/Syria/Egypt/Lebanon/Tunisia etc. I want to be an asset.

What was you're first pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back