• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put all three choices as Pilot or they WILL give you your second or third choice. I was a flight instructor, who passed all aircrew selection, and everything and was offered choice 2, while people who had no flight experience got conditional offers of pilot because they hadn't gone to aircrew selection yet.

Handed in my final medical forms yesterday and was told that my file was being sent out first thing Monday morning to be reviewed.

I guess at this point in time I can hope to receive a call for aircrew selection.

Best of luck everybody!

Cheers.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: MARS
Application Date: October 28
First Contact: Early November
Aptitude: November 15
Medical: November 30
Interview completed: November 30
ACSO Test: December 16
Aircrew selection:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment date:
Basic Training Begins:

DexOlesa said:
Put all three choices as Pilot or they WILL give you your second or third choice. I was a flight instructor, who passed all aircrew selection, and everything and was offered choice 2, while people who had no flight experience got conditional offers of pilot because they hadn't gone to aircrew selection yet.

Or put one choice only.  Putting pilot down three times is unnecessary and in my opinion only smacks of immaturity.  On the other hand it probably makes no difference whatsoever because I'm almost certain no one outside of the RC sees the application.  Your package from the RC doesn't go to the board with a note saying "This guy put down pilot three times, wow he really wants it!"

Your logical train makes no sense.  That's not why you weren't offered pilot, unless you had a debrief with the selection board and that's what they told you (I'm being facetious).  CFAT and interview weigh a lot more than any previous civilian flying experience.

Well, back from Trenton and passed Aircrew Selection (for AEC), not sure what's next, going to bring in my travel claim and order another transcript to reflect last semester.  I think its just time to wait now.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot AEC
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: August 22nd, 2011
First Contact: August 30th, 2011
Aptitude:  September 14th, 2011
Medical:  September 20th, 2011
Interview completed: November 15th, 2011
Aircrew Selection: Passed January 12th, 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment date:
Basic Training Begins:

Hi,
Im fairly new to this website but i saw this forum and i had a question.

I applied to the ROTP on October 18th 2011 and  I got a couple emails a little while later asking for updated marks.
I sent those in and sent everything else they needed within a few days of them telling me.

The last time I got an email was close to three weeks ago saying they received my documents a month after i sent them.
I was just wondering how long they normally take to respond with when you complete your interview/tests ect.

I noticed that a quite a few people have already done their tests are those just hopeful pilots?

Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

canada94 said:
I have been starting to notice this as well :p

It's a popular job, with visions of beach volleyball involving bikini clad girls, and cool call signs like Ice Man and Maverick a la Top Gun  ;D

Cui said:
It's a popular job, with visions of beach volleyball involving in no girls, and cool call signs like Ice Man and Maverick a la Top Gun  ;D

TFTFY.  ;)

meant to say clad, don't know how that turned into "in"  :eek: guess I need to go back and watch the movie again...

It would be nice to see another Sig O applicant in the thread at one point. I know they are out there somewhere haha. I can't be the only one in this thread :(

Cui said:
any news from any Armour Officer applicants out there?

Well I am one.. but we won't be getting our offers/ anything like that until May/ August.. and thats the stage I am at.. so time to wait :D

I got everything done and is also waiting. However, I was told that since the section board meets in mid-March, some offers may roll out from then until August, guess the best thing we can all do is wait.

Again, good luck everyone  :salute:

Armour is my second choice of MOC but I'm at the same stage as you two gotta wait now

Typically most offers will come around April/May.

I hope all of you have already started your training programs. Don't keep putting it off.

Again - if you have any questions about first year do not hesitate to ask me through pm. I will try to help you out.

scriptox said:
Nice. Keep that head up man. Quick clarification, were they saying that "Out of your 3 choices, you are most competitive for this one"? Or was it like "This is the trade out of all the trades, that you are most competitive for".

"Out of your 3 choices, you are most competitive for this one" was basically how it was said.

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/34gbc/entrevueen.pdf

First hit if you search 'Canadian Forces Interview' on Google.
Speaking from experience, I would say it would be very valuable to you to be well-prepared to answer these questions.

Good luck.

amayzer said:
"Out of your 3 choices, you are most competitive for this one" was basically how it was said.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Quick update about my process. So I called the medical section of the CFRC to see if they have sent out my file yet to be reviewed by an MO. The Sergeant confirmed that it is indeed in the processing of being reviewed. However, there is a 6-8 week wait period! I'll be looking forward to hearing back from them....

As always, good luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back