• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
jwtg said:
This ought to get you guys all excited.  RMC 2012 Joining Instructions - in other words, part of the package many of you are waiting to receive.

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp

Wow they already have it all setup.....well this isn't gonna help the anxiety for the next couple weeks, pray to god we all got our files in on time to the board for first round

Good Luck Mates :salute:

Follow these joining instructions religiously. Even in the cadet program, if you are missing items from your kit that you are required to bring, you are just providing the staff a reason to rip you a new one.

-Phoebe  :cdn:

Do you all know if this is mailed to you? Like as a package?

MKos said:
Do you all know if this is mailed to you? Like as a package?

This may vary from one CFRC to another.  You may be sent a package in the mail, you might receive a package when you go down to the recruiting center to enroll, or it might be e-mailed to you.  I received mine as an e-mail attachment.

For what it's worth, Phoebe is right- do what the joining instructions say, whether or not they make sense to you.  Bring matching underwear, bring white socks, all the other items it tells you to bring.  Some items, like they say, you will have to purchase once you arrive at CFLRS. 

Also, for your own benefit, make sure you receive your joining instructions.  My recruiter forgot to send them to me- I only got them because I knew to ask for them.  Make sure you ask for them if you're not given them; they contain quite a bit of important information.

Good luck!

jwtg said:
This may vary from one CFRC to another.  You may be sent a package in the mail, you might receive a package when you go down to the recruiting center to enroll, or it might be e-mailed to you.  I received mine as an e-mail attachment.

For what it's worth, Phoebe is right- do what the joining instructions say, whether or not they make sense to you.  Bring matching underwear, bring white socks, all the other items it tells you to bring.  Some items, like they say, you will have to purchase once you arrive at CFLRS. 

Also, for your own benefit, make sure you receive your joining instructions.  My recruiter forgot to send them to me- I only got them because I knew to ask for them.  Make sure you ask for them if you're not given them; they contain quite a bit of important information.

Good luck!

Thanks for clearing that up...so I guess wait for a bit, then call the RC to see their way of letting you know wether it be a call, email, post or something etc?

I have a tough week ahead. It would be nice to have an acceptance to soften the week :)

But this release of information will have to do for now :)

:salute: Welcome to the Final Sprint everyone!

MKos said:
Thanks for clearing that up...so I guess wait for a bit, then call the RC to see their way of letting you know wether it be a call, email, post or something etc?
When the recruiting centers know who is being offered jobs, they're going to contact those people and let them know.  I got a phone call.  I don't know how others got their notice.

Just sit tight.  It will come eventually.

Having the Joining Instructions out might be a good sign that news is on the way! Just made me more excited!

Last year the selections started being announced to the applicants on Friday April 15th, 2011. So that probably means... any day now folks! (Well, at least that was when people started posting on the forum!)

My buddy got the news on April 20th last year.. And I hope you are right (about any day now)!

My money is on this Friday. April 15th of last year landed on the third Friday of the month. This Friday is also the third Friday of this month.

Maybe I'm correct,  or I'm just going crazy due to the anticipation. :).

-Phoebe

Phoebe said:
My money is on this Friday. April 15th of last year landed on the third Friday of the month. This Friday is also the third Friday of this month.

Maybe I'm correct,  or I'm just going crazy due to the anticipation. :).

-Phoebe

Love the pattern seeking! I think we're all going a little nuts with anticipation at this point.

matt1994 said:
Having the Joining Instructions out might be a good sign that news is on the way! Just made me more excited!

Me too! I hope Phoebe's right with her calculations and we start getting good news soon! That being said, my friend didn't get a call until mid-May last year.

gawnewiththewind said:
Me too! I hope Phoebe's right with her calculations and we start getting good news soon! That being said, my friend didn't get a call until mid-May last year.

Last time I went in the nice Sgt. at the RC said offers trickle in right through to August depending on people rejecting offers and so on. I figure anytime between now and August, unless I get a rejection letter/call right off the bat!

That still doesn't help with the anticipation factor though lol

I just called CFRC Hamilton. The recruiter responsible for processing the ROTP applicants had said that no offers have been sent out but should be later on in the week.

My bet on Friday is looking really good right now. :D

Phobos said:
I just called CFRC Hamilton. The recruiter responsible for processing the ROTP applicants had said that no offers have been sent out but should be later on in the week.

My bet on Friday is looking really good right now. :D

My heart just skipped a beat as I read that reply. Since I am applying from CFRC Hamilton as well, that news sends shivers down my spine.

As always, good luck to everyone!

Just got off the phone with my file manager from CFRC Det. Kitchener, she said that although the proposed timeline is for this to be done on Friday, there have been some delays. She said that hopefully they'll have the results by Friday still, but if not, then next week.

Update on my situation, I will finish my exams here in Waterloo this week, and will be going back home to Toronto for the summer. Most likely my file will be sent to CFRC Toronto for them to notify me, and do all the paperwork there if I get accepted.

Good luck everyone!  :salute:

Just received an email from my file manager out of CFRC London and said the results are in.  Those of you who are a CT like myself will find out really soon through D Mil C7. 

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back