• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I've noticed the lack of comments on this section as well so figured I'd stop reading and start being apart of the party :).

I was merit listed on the 21st of January and still awaiting a responce as well! Hoping all goes well, from what the recruitment office explained they started processing offers at the start of the month and will be ongoing throughout the next few months. I'm appplying for HCA and LO so for others in that trade and everyone around waiting for a responce like me... Goodluck!! :salute:

For those who do get a call or email confirming they've been accepted, let us know!

Hello everyone,

I figured that I would stop reading and start participating too! I hope everyone's applications are going well. I started my application back in November and now only have my interview left! I applied for Armour, Arty and Log (Army).

Best of luck to everyone who applied and congratulations to those that are just waiting for their call! :)

Hi, Scouten and Maxime,

Thank you for joining us in this thread!

Hope you excel your interview Scouten!

Since I've  been waiting so long to hear someone got accepted, I feel quite honored to say that I got a call from my recruitment center (Hamilton) and have been accepted to RMC as an HCA for this coming fall, basic will start the 27th of June and I'm very excited to hear who will be coming with me! Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting! Very happy day  :salute:

Maxime C said:
Since I've  been waiting so long to hear someone got accepted, I feel quite honored to say that I got a call from my recruitment center (Hamilton) and have been accepted to RMC as an HCA for this coming fall, basic will start the 27th of June and I'm very excited to hear who will be coming with me! Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting! Very happy day  :salute:

Bravo

Maxime C said:

Congratulations!

Wow Maxime! Congratulations!
I'm glad for you too, haha!

My 1st choice was HCA too. I hope I get in as HCA with you haha.

Anyway, congratulations for the offer. Your wait has been worth it!

Congratulations buddy!
Hope I was in time to possibly hear from selections in Feb, was only told I was merit listed on the 4th of Feb after an inquiry email.
Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the support everyone, I was merit listed the 21st of January if that helps anyone with the timeline... I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there! Stay positive and you'll get the call soon  [:) ... Curious for those who have experience with the process, if my basic training is on the 27th of june, and it is a 8 week course, would i get the last week of august off, before going to rmc... or is it just straight there anyways?

Once again goodluck to all that are applying and feel free to PM me if you have any questions  :salute:

Maxime C said:
Thanks for the support everyone, I was merit listed the 21st of January if that helps anyone with the timeline... I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there! Stay positive and you'll get the call soon  [:) ... Curious for those who have experience with the process, if my basic training is on the 27th of june, and it is a 8 week course, would i get the last week of august off, before going to rmc... or is it just straight there anyways?

Once again goodluck to all that are applying and feel free to PM me if you have any questions  :salute:

You will do your BMOQ ROTP Phase 1 at CFLRS St Jean.  Upon completion, you will then be sent to RMC for a compressed orientation period and then be starting school.

I appreciate the quick response, now that you mention it, I do recall reading that on the CF website. Busy summer ahead, I face it with much excitement.

Maxime C said:

DAA already summarized what will happen this summer and it really depends on the length of your BMOQ course this summer - what he said is likely the most accurate given that it changes from year to year. However, I can offer some insight as I am a first-year cadet at RMCC right now.

I did my first module of BMOQ from 4th of July to around the 17th of August this past summer. We we were given one week leave before we had to report to RMCC Kingston for the Arch Parade and the commencement of the first-year orientation period (FYOP) - which lasted the final week of August + 3 weeks in September, concluding with the obstacle course and reunion weekend. There seemed to be around 3 or 4 courses for ROTP (cadets going to civilian university, RMC Kingston, and CMR St Jean) that were carried out this past summer, the first of which started on the 27th of June and they were given 2 weeks leave before reporting to RMCC. Another course also started a week after mine and had no leave time. With that said, BMOQ Mod 1 lasted 7 weeks for us, not 8.

Regardless, prepare yourself to have a non-stop summer and if you get the leave between BMOQ and RMCC, enjoy it. This summer will be very busy, demanding, and perhaps the most challenging, albeit rewarding time of your life. Congratulations on being accepted and good luck!

If you or (anyone reading this) have any other questions about RMCC first-year life, especially FYOP and life thereafter, don't hesitate to ask.

Now, I know you'll all wish I had said this sooner but I haven't been following this thread that closely so it wasn't high on my priorities to post. Sorry guys.

Anyways, I am currently on a gap year after highschool. I knew RMC was the goal before the competition opened up so I was able to get my application done quite quickly. I didn't want it dragging on.

So, with that being said I did my CFAT late September and then my interview and medical on Ocotober 15th. I can't remember exactly when I was merit listed but it was early December or late November. On January 11th I got the call and was offered a position at RMC and as an infantry officer.
Unlike Maxime, my BMOQ start date is July 11.

To anyone still waiting, don't worry. Recruitment offices are slow and take their time. I was lucky enough to know early but that is more rare than most because of completing my application so quickly. I know it's hard not to think about it but they will call you when they know And worrying won't change that.

Best of luck to you all!

Cheers

Congrats! Quite confused as to why my recruiter said selections will only occur April til may but we shall see :) hope to see you there buddy

I spoke to a recruiter when I called and he said they have a selection board in December that reviews candidates that are all ready done and accepts them in the new year. Most of it happens on April-May though.

ROTP Selections are always done in Apr and May (1st and 2nd Round).  After that, will come 3rd Round Selections (ie; mainly Civi U applicants and occupations with vacancies).  After 3rd Round Selections are complete, then they will do what is referred to as "top-ups" and these are done as required.

This year is slightly different, as they have introduced "Early Offers".  After an application has been fully processed and Merit Listed, the file is screened for a possible "Early Offer".  Hence, the reason you are seeing some ROTP Offers being announced now.

Good luck!

PS - ROTP BMOQ is now done in two phases of 7-weeks each.

Thanks for the info. Are these early offers on a rolling basis or do they come out in chunks similarly to the known April-May selections board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back