• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your application is successful, you do not dictate whether you complete your degree at a civilian university or RMC: the CF does. You may get an offer for either or. If you receive an offer for ROTP through civi-u in April-May 2014, expect to go to BOTC in summer 2015.

Once you apply for the ROTP process (you should already be close to being finished that process if you're planning for this year's selection), they dictate where you go.

They will offer you either a spot at RMC, CMR or a CiviU, generally based on your degree choice, if you're already in University and based on their numbers.

You don't get to choose to go to CiviU, although you can list it as your first choice.

You will do 2-3 weeks of Indoc in August and miss the famous FYOP (lucky you).

Your BMOQ will be the next summer, however I believe CiviU BMOQ is a little longer to make up for FYOP.

Good luck!

CFASC (Canadian Forces Aircrew Selection Centre) runs a course essentially every week of the year, with a few gaps for holidays.  There are so many different people applying into different entry plans that there is no way to know when you would go... but to answer the original question, its weekly.

krimynal said:
thanks a lot the guy at my recruiting center sent me an email with all the info ! thanks a lot !

Can you please provide the info you received? I am in the same boat; was told to go onto the RMC website and submit supplementary forms on there using my file number; can't seem to find the link to these forms.

Thanks.

John

jasph said:
im just wondering why other people want to be in the forces... anybody else? why the army?

The experience, an amazing job, time away from home (some of us look forward to it), getting a job done properly, not aiming for a sales objective or w/e, security of employment... and the list goes on.
There are a milion reasons to serve, all of which are tempting.

On another note,
Who else is getting excited for ROTP? I've had my mind towards it intensely since about this time last year. Can't wait! I really hope to go to RMC Kingston
:cdn:

What's the timeline for ROTP applicants - anyone?

I applied around mid-November, passed the CFAT just before the Christmas break and am currently awaiting the final results for the background/criminal record check. I called my file manager today to get some updates and info and he said that he'd call next week to schedule an interview (granted, I pass the background check).

The beef of my question involves basic military qualification (BMQ). Say I get accepted into the program and enroll. When would my commitment start? Would I get the summer off after second semester exams and go to RMC or a civie U in the fall, then do BMQ once I get my degree - or would I do BMQ the summer following high-school final exams, then attend post-secondary?

Any information from knowledgeable members will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

B :cdn: 

Noctis said:
On another note,
Who else is getting excited for ROTP? I've had my mind towards it intensely since about this time last year. Can't wait! I really hope to go to RMC Kingston
:cdn:

Yes, I'm damn excited, stressed, determined and the works! I am also looking forward to attending RMC but that is not enough. We've got to earn it! Live by Ali's famous line: "I'll show you how great I am!" Never give up and you won't be let down; prove others wrong - less thinking, more feeling. Get out there and help people: volunteer. There's a boat load of stuff to do right under your nose! In addition, improve yourself! There's always something to improve. Learn some philosophy, live by a code of honour, etiquette and ethics. It may sound extreme to some but how can you, I ask, how can you help others if you can't help yourself? It makes you feel good to do the right things. It makes you feel accomplished and distinguished. There are too few people who feel this. There's nothing like it in the world.

Big Bad Bear said:
The beef of my question involves basic military qualification (BMQ). Say I get accepted into the program and enroll. When would my commitment start? Would I get the summer off after second semester exams and go to RMC or a civvie U in the fall, then do BMQ once I get my degree - or would I do BMQ the summer following high-school final exams, then attend post-secondary?

If you were to get accepted to ROTP and attend RMC, you attend a two week recruit camp at CFLRS St-Jean, Quebec, in early to mid August. When you return to RMC, you will take part in the first year orientation program (FYOP) for about a month, culminating with the obstacle course, then the presentation of college cap badges.

You will not actually complete BMOQ until the summer after your first year of university (for both RMC and civvie. U students).

Hope this helped!

zulu95 said:
When I did my application I got an email that sounds similar to yours. At the bottom of the page was a link that took me to a separate website where I got the applications (.pdf files) and submitted them using my applicant number.

Would this happen to be the form titled:

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) - Reserve Officer Training Plan (RETP)
                            ACADEMIC ADMISSIONS QUESTIONNAIRE

The form I am thinking about also has the RMC crest in the top left corner beside the title.

Thanks in advance!

Just got my interview out of the way. I'm definitely excited about this year's application. Now, here comes the waiting game!

Hey fellas,

So I was looking through the RMC application package recently and noticed the mention of a Junior Officer Entry Plan (for 16 year old applicants). Anyone have any clue what that is? Is it just early acceptance to ROTP, but you still have to complete grade 12, or anything similar to the preparatory year at RMC Saint-Jean? I tried the search function, but had little success, so if a forum thread does exist on this topic, please direct me to it.

Regards,
      JayB  :salute:

Hello guys , I'm planning on Apply to the ROTP Program but i'm kind of struggling with how to even apply.

1)In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FywEvzMZXAQ , She clams that you are automatically applying for RMC when you're doing this application right ? So For the 3rd university of prefrence Am i suppose to write down RMC?

2) For part 8 I am confused because it asks for your university Preference , I just applied for 10 different programs at 10 different universities so .. What am I suppose to put down in my questionare for my 3 uni preferences? What if I don't get accepted into the Univeristies I wrote down in my Questionare?

3) Same goes for degree of preference , I applied to all accounting or business administration programs So do I just write down .. Account , business administration , Business management ?

4) For Part 9 , I know I will be graduating this year , so should I be just filling it out as if I were already a high school graduate ?

5) Lastly for part 11 , I'll be writing a short essay about my reasons to applying for attending RMC. Am I trying to answer why I wish to attend RMC? Or I am trying to answer Why I want to do the ROTP Program? Are there any tips you guys can give me which would help in the response ?

Okay next i'm on this site , https://moodle.rmc.ca/php_apps/forms/index.php/en/admission/application/index/435962705636434f4a694f4d47237a763f5272214d717d422e27507a6d

What do I do when i'm finished with my questiionare and have my transcripts scanned ? How do I get an applicant Number ?

Sorry for answer such stupid questions , I just want to be as thorough as possible , I don't want to mess this application up !

Are you taking any ENGLISH classes?  They may help; especially in writting your essay.  Your post is so difficult to read, it has appearances that you have ADD or something else that muddles your thought process. 

Most, if not all, your questions have been answered already.  Did you read any of the other posts in this forum?

My friend.

These are things you should be asking your recruiter (You'll have a Chain of Command in the military).

Most use this board for general questions regarding RMC and CMR.

These questions are more specific and I would feel uncomfortable answering them as they may directly affect your enrolment.

Good luck to you!

This TP is generally for CEGEP graduates that do the famous "Prep Year" at CMR.

If you're in Quebec and you're finished Sec V, go for it!

If you're in any other province, get you High School Diploma and go for the Reg TP!

lasts3cond said:
5) Lastly for part 11 , I'll be writing a short essay about my reasons to applying for attending RMC. Am I trying to answer why I wish to attend RMC? Or I am trying to answer Why I want to do the ROTP Program? Are there any tips you guys can give me which would help in the response ?

The question that you are supposed to answer is:

Please explain your reason/s for wanting to attend your first choice of academic institution?

An "academic institution" is a university. If you put RMC as your first choice, tell them why. Same for CMR - St. Jean or a civilian university.

No where in the question does it mention anything about ROTP.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back