• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I on my phone so sometimes grammar errors happen. And yes thank you.
It's not an excuse, if it were, I would've initially stated it. I have no excuses. A 68 is a 68 of I have to redo it so be it. Thank you for your help

shropshireliam said:
A 68 isn't stupid. Especially since I'm good at math but knocking out ur teachers son doesn't help. He insulted my father because he's an alcoholic. So I gave himwhat he deserved. I pulled mid 80s everything else math related. I don't need to explain my life story to u guys, all I wanted was a simple answer. Do u think they'll overlook my 68 because of my other qualities? I'm trying to aspire to something better than what  my father is, all I wanted was a simple answer, sorry if my marks aren't as good as what urs were whenu applied and I envy you for getting in, not everyone has a good non abusive child hood where they can study in a safe environment and not have to sleep in 24 hour libraries becuase ur dad slammed ur head off a radiator and punched u in the face. I payed for all my sports, all my extra curriculars. So if ur here just to crack jokes and be a jerk just know that not everyone is as privileged as you were.

Allright, all sarcasm aside. Arrogance will get you eaten alive in the military, no matter how much you can bench or what your background is. You are not presenting yourself as someone any of us want to(or could) see as an officer in the CF. Work on your attitude.

Anything is possible.

Good Luck

shropshireliam said:
I on my phone so sometimes grammar errors happen. And yes thank you.
It's not an excuse, if it were, I would've initially stated it. I have no excuses. A 68 is a 68 of I have to redo it so be it. Thank you for your help

Errors do not "happen". Somebody makes them. I type from my phone, too, but I care enough to proofread and correct before I send. Blaming this on a phone is an excuse. You are setting yourself up for failure by doing so. You need to work on that as well.

You're welcome.

shropshireliam said:
He insulted my father because he's an alcoholic. So I gave himwhat he deserved.

So when you mention RMC overlooking your math marks in lieu of your other qualities you're not referring to qualities such as your lack of discipline and self-control?

I'm not being captious I'm asking honestly.  You don't want to "write your life story" but it sounds like you're perfectly fine using said life story as excuses for your behavior and actions.

Before you look at changing your math marks I think you need to look at your attitude.

Sorry I didn't want to come across like that. I understand how that could be viewed as arrogance. My apologies. I just really want this, to have something so close and not attain it would be so disappointing you know? Anyways I guess it's just a waiting game now, time will tell.

ObedientiaZelum said:
So when you mention RMC overlooking your math marks in lieu of your other qualities you're not referring to qualities such as your lack of discipline and self-control?

I'm not being captious I'm asking honestly.  You don't want to "write your life story" but it sounds like you're perfectly fine using said life story as excuses for your behavior and actions.

Before you look at changing your math marks I think you need to look at your attitude.
It's not an excuse. I worked around it and worked hard for my marks. I improvised and took initiative to get around it. Yes I made a stupid mistake but you can't personally say you'be had perfect self control all your life.

shropshireliam said:
It's not an excuse. I worked around it and worked hard for my marks. I improvised and took initiative to get around it. Yes I made a stupid mistake but you can't personally say you'be had perfect self control all your life.

The CF training system will practically force you to make mistakes.  Part of it is to see what happens when (not if) you fail and how you go about trying harder/smarter/whatever to succeed next.  Part of it is to see what your attitude/personality is like. 

Judging from your posts, I'd suggest not lashing out at others when they criticise you for things.  You'll get a LOT of that (and not nearly as nice as what we're doing now) in the CF.

Dimsum said:
The CF training system will practically force you to make mistakes.  Part of it is to see what happens when (not if) you fail and how you go about trying harder/smarter/whatever to succeed next.  Part of it is to see what your attitude/personality is like. 

Judging from your posts, I'd suggest not lashing out at others when they criticise you for things.  You'll get a LOT of that (and not nearly as nice as what we're doing now) in the CF.
Absolutely not. I wouldn't lash out at someone for criticism. But when you call me out and start insulting my father or family in front of everyone. That's different. I have trainers for soccer and I listen to everything they say, we review all my gameplay after games and point out all my mistakes so I can fix them. I'm a good person and I can handle what ever the CF throws at me and am looking forward to the challenge. If I make a mistake I study it to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Many of us have done dumb stuff, yes.

We also understand goals, challenges, and struggles.

We may give humorous and/or sarcastic responses at times, but there is generally honesty within. Sometimes that honesty is more brutal than that to which some people are accustomed, or that they like.

You write decently when you put a little effort into it. Keep that up.

And keep learning and improving.

shropshireliam said:
But when you call me out and start insulting my father or family in front of everyone. That's different.

Don't be surprised if, should this become known by your instructors, it will be used precisely to see how you react.

It won't be done out of malice, just assessment purposes.

shropshireliam said:
Absolutely not. I wouldn't lash out at someone for criticism. But when you call me out and start insulting my father or family in front of everyone. That's different. I have trainers for soccer and I listen to everything they say, we review all my gameplay after games and point out all my mistakes so I can fix them. I'm a good person and I can handle what ever the CF throws at me and am looking forward to the challenge. If I make a mistake I study it to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I looked through all the posts. I don't see where anyone insulted your father or family...did I miss it?

I do however, see experienced military members not pussy footing around and letting you know how it is.

Hopefully you are looking forward to a challenge, because I would predict, (if you get in) that you are in for one.

Again, good luck in your application and seriously consider the advice from experienced members.

Most of us were never afforded this opportunity.

This post or my reaction to criticism in drills? Either is fine. The whole purpose of the training is to carve you into a mature and responsible person who can react with quickness and effectiveness under pressure.  I'm positive that through this training I will be able to accomplish that and hopefully impress them. We will see

HappyWithYourHacky said:
I looked through all the posts. I don't see where anyone insulted your father or family...did I miss it?

I do however, see experienced military members not ***** footing around and letting you know how it is.

Hopefully you are looking forward to a challenge, because I would predict, (if you get in) that you are in for one.

Again, good luck in your application and seriously consider the advice from experienced members.

Most of us were never afforded this opportunity.
You're misinformed, he was referring to something I explained In a previous post. No one here insulted my family.

Reply 16, second to fourth sentences. I had to go looking too.

shropshireliam said:
You're misinformed, he was referring to something I explained In a previous post. No one here insulted my family.

shropshireliam said:
But when you call me out and start insulting my father or family in front of everyone.

Fair enough. The reason for my confusion.

I am currently an Officer Cadet at RMCSJ and I was hoping someone could help me out with a predictament.
  I am an Arts student, and a junior (first-year). I want to change trades and become a Construction Engineer. However, I know that transferring "up" to Engineering is not very easy. My background in high school is also mostly arts (psychology, law, etc) and not engineering (physics, mathematics, etc).
  So my question is: is this possible? Can I transfer from Arts to Engineering? Would the school consider my proposal of even becoming a "prep" this year and coming back to RMCSJ next year and start as an Engineering student?
  If anyone has any insight into this, please let me know!

Not to discourage you, but not having a firm background in Sciences and Math is going to put you at a severe disadvantage, at least starting out.

But the previous post is definitely sound advice.

If I may ask, what is your reasoning for considering a switch from arts to engineering anyway?

cupper said:
Not to discourage you, but not having a firm background in Sciences and Math is going to put you at a severe disadvantage, at least starting out.

Not to mention that not having the correct prerequisites may bar you from going into engineering at all.

Best bet is to pass a memo up your CoC and/or talk to the registrar.  My guess is that your chances are not great.  Unless policy has changed (which is possible), in order to VOR into a new trade you need to already be BMOQ qualified; therefore, you couldn't apply for VOR until you're already in your 2nd year, at which point it would be very difficult to make up the lost academic time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back