• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Process of naturalized Canadian

wabbit67 said:
Thank you Scott, I'll remember next time. Not too relevant though cause women are encouraged to join the army forces, they only count for ~15%, so far (from what I read).  I want to hear from a naturalized canadian male (not coming from a NATO country) with less than 10 years canadian residence and who applied for DEO. Maybe you can help.
Yes,I am open to answear to you any questions.
I have lived in Canada less then 10 years . I came from non NATO country.
What is question?

During Security Check my local CFRC asked me to bring Police Certificate from my country of origin.I did it in 3 weeks.
Again.
Every case is different .Here I am sharing my personal experience.
My security check was about 14 months.
During this time I was asked about:
1.Bringing police certificate from my country of origin
2.Filling form 330-60
3.Fingerprints
4.Bringing personal picture (pasport picture)
5.Interview with CSIS agent .

George Wallace said:
Don't forget your Citizenship Certificate.
Sure.
Citizenship Certificate is document number one when I was starting application process.
Without Citizenship Certificate it is not possible to apply even.

Folks, the thread has been cleaned up to remove a number of different posters' material not related to the thread's topic.  Let's continue with the original spirit of the topic, please.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Milnet.ca Staff

I am also a naturalized canadian, applied Feb 2011 and just patiently waiting.... :) Just wondering if barbarossa ever made it to the CF???

I'm 16 and from non NATO country. I came to Canada when I was 5, I've been here for almost 12 years now, I have all papers I need. But will I have to go through all security clearance interview, etc. if I want to join at 17 ? ( I don't know if being minor changes something )

Thank you !

P.S: I did left Canada for a month a 3 or 4 times, so I wasn't in Canada for 10 years. If it helps.

zakiuz said:
I'm 16 and from non NATO country. I came to Canada when I was 5, I've been here for almost 12 years now, I have all papers I need. But will I have to go through all security clearance interview, etc. if I want to join at 17 ? ( I don't know if being minor changes something )

Thank you !

P.S: I did left Canada for a month a 3 or 4 times, so I wasn't in Canada for 10 years. If it helps.

::)

Please read the topics on joining the CF.  You will find lots of information on what the criteria are to join.  You will find topics that cover BackCheck, Medicals, Physical Fitness, CFAT, and many other FAQs that will answer your questions.  You will have to fill out the exact same forms as anyone else who wants to apply, go through all the same interviews and tests, and then wait until they call.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering if the security clearence was different for minors.

Back