• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Process of naturalized Canadian

Barbarossa said:
such as being born outside of Canada that they might do a background check on the applicant.

Background checks are done on all applicants. Additional steps exist for people from out of the country.

But what I am confused is the recruiter handed me a piece of paper listing all the trades and he explained to me that for each of these trades there are security clearances for it.  Specifically for the LCIS tech, it is security level 2 which he said that you must have 7 continuous stay in Canada.

Those are in addition to the basic checks done on all applicants. There are unique requirements for each.

I decided to post my own thread because sky777 did not encounter such problems yet and he is applying to a more sensitive position in the CF.

Each person's circumstances will differ. Stop worrying about other people.

Hey Canadian Aviator my good buddy,

I do not know you and am certainly not your "good buddy".

Barbarossa said:
Hey Pusser, are you a recruiter?  Just to make sure I understand what you are saying, LCIS tech's do not need require 7 years continous stay in Canada?  Cos my recruiter is saying otherwise.  How % sure are you about this?

Also, do you recommend I take up a 2 year electronic course?  The recruiter said I get promoted to Corporal faster and I get the $20,000 bonus for entering the trade with a diploma.  Can comment please?

Thanks !!!  :salute:
No I am not a recruiter.  All I was doing was giving a simple explanation of what Security Clearance Levels mean.  I have no idea how long you have to have lived in Canada in order to receive a given level of clearance.  As for what education path you choose to pursue, that is entirely up to you.  I make no recommendations whatsoever.  I just wanted you to know the difference between NETs and NWTs and that what NETs do is more similar to what LCIS techs do than what NWTs do.  You need to now hoist in all the information you have received and choose your own path.  Just be aware that when it comes to security clearances, there aren't really any shortcuts.  You're just going to have to wait.

Barbarossa said:
Hey Pusser, are you a recruiter?  Just to make sure I understand what you are saying, LCIS tech's do not need require 7 years continous stay in Canada?  Cos my recruiter is saying otherwise.  How % sure are you about this?

Also, do you recommend I take up a 2 year electronic course?  The recruiter said I get promoted to Corporal faster and I get the $20,000 bonus for entering the trade with a diploma.  Can comment please?

Thanks !!!  :salute:

As someone just through the recruiting process and having spent way too much time in school.  Get the job and have them pay you for two years.  It would be a lot better financially for you over having to pay for school and two years without a paycheck.  IF you were to get the signing bonus that is great, but if you don't qualify for some reason, you will spend more than 20000 getting the diploma (tuition, books, food, rent etc).  That is just my opinion but try and get the military to pay you to go to school and it works out better for you.

George Wallace said:
As stated in those other threads that I pointed you to, for a Level II you will require to meet the residency requirements, be fingerprinted, and fill in the TBS 330-60E and the TBS 330-23E.  For those forms you are required to list all your immediate family, your and their places of residence/addresses, your and their employment, for the past ten (10) years. 
I am passing through the same process.
Last 6 months I was  giving police certificate from my country of origin, fingerprinted, making picture, interviewed with CSIC worker.I am waiting for my security check .As they say in CFRC it can take 6-18 months.I hope it will be less then 12 months more.

By the way I don't care about time issue.
Guys stop to worry about. Enjoy life what you have now .
If  your destiny is in Canadian Forces  - you will be there soon or later.  Live while you are waiting.

Barbarossa,

I'm in the process of applying for LCIS also. I've been in the process since June 2. Waited until July 12 for my CFAT/Medical/Interview, and now I'm waiting again.

But take this phrase, and repeat it to yourself everyday...

"Be patient."

I'm not trying to come off as an a**, but patience really is a virtue, and besides, if you want the job as bad as you seem to, then wouldn't the wait be worth it?

Just adding my  :2c:

And at sky777, same thing man. Just be patient.

You both can use the wait periods to make yourself better. Work out and get into top shape, read up as much info as you can on the Forces and your trade, save up some money and pay off some debt lol. Time will go by a lot faster that way.

Hey 89sharp my buddy.

I am not being impatient.  I was just confused and needed some clarification for the security clearance.  Anyway, I talked to the online recruiter today and he confirmed that yes, it is 7 years of continuous stay for security clearance level 2.

Anyway, RC told me that the LCIS position is full now and they won't be anymore processing for this position.  Good luck to you and I hope that your file made it.

I know it sounds cliche, but just go with your heart man.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, and same to you, in whatever you choose to do.

:salute:

Hey 89sharp my good buddy.

Agreed strongly with you.  Thanks for sharing your tips and experiences.

:salute:

Today is 1 year from my day of Application process.  :crybaby:

sky777 said:
Today is 1 year from my day of Application process.  :crybaby:

::)

I guess you still have a lot of reading to do.  You are not the center of the universe.  Read more here about people who have waited two years or longer.  The crybaby epicon only gives us the impression that that is who you are.

George Wallace said:
::)

I guess you still have a lot of reading to do.  You are not the center of the universe.  Read more here about people who have waited two years or longer.  The crybaby epicon only gives us the impression that that is who you are.
Ccrybaby epicon only was ironic.I just gave update information.I know that process can be longer.I didn't complain -I just "celebrated" this date.I have sense of humor. ;)

Guys,
If my message disturbed you I am so sorry about this.

I called today to my CFRC to get to know situation with my file.Operator told me that my file was closed because all trade are closed.
I was in shock because my previous visit in CFRC they told me  my file in Ottawa for security check.
After that no merit list, no call to me or letter.Just closed.
How it can be?

It's because the trades are closed until April (for the new fiscal year). I don't think it means your file is just being tossed or forgotten, but that nothing more will happen until April. I'd suggest keeping in regular touch with your CFRC to make sure of this, though... (remember, I'm just an Army wife, not a member myself)...

sky777 said:
I called today to my CFRC to get to know situation with my file.Operator told me that my file was closed because all trade are closed.
I was in shock because my previous visit in CFRC they told me  my file in Ottawa for security check.
After that no merit list, no call to me or letter.Just closed.
How it can be?

OK?  Where have you been hiding?  Have you not been paying attention to the details posted on this Forum's topics about there being a RECRUITING FREEZE?  Don't you think that perhaps YOU would also fall into that category along with all the others who have posted their predicaments on this site?  Do you somehow feel that you are so special as to have been exempted from this new ruling?  Be patient and wait like everyone else.    Sheeesh.

acooper said:
It's because the trades are closed until April (for the new fiscal year). I don't think it means your file is just being tossed or forgotten, but that nothing more will happen until April. I'd suggest keeping in regular touch with your CFRC to make sure of this, though... (remember, I'm just an Army wife, not a member myself)...
I visited today CFRC they told me that file closed and if I want I must apply again.

George Wallace said:
OK?  Where have you been hiding?  Have you not been paying attention to the details posted on this Forum's topics about there being a RECRUITING FREEZE?  Don't you think that perhaps YOU would also fall into that category along with all the others who have posted their predicaments on this site?  Do you somehow feel that you are so special as to have been exempted from this new ruling?  Be patient and wait like everyone else.    Sheeesh.
Sir,
I don't feel I am special.I just share my experience- mo more no less.
I saw information about FREEZING but not CLOSING files.
I am ready to wait .If you know I wailt 14 months.Question was not about long waiting.I stoppeed to think about waiting.I was talking about  closing file.
A hour ago I was in CFRC they told me to start again application if I  want in 2011.

sky777 said:
Sir,
I don't feel I am special.I just share my experience- mo more no less.
I saw information about FREEZING but not CLOSING files.
I am ready to wait .If you know I wailt 14 months.Question was not about long waiting.I stoppeed to think about waiting.I was talking about  closing file.
A hour ago I was in CFRC they told me to start again application if I  want in 2011.

This is just another example of why we preach on this site that you KEEP COPIES of ALL your DOCUMENTATION.  If you have, it should be a simple matter of updating the information and you are good to go          again.

Back