• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting chain of command

Status
Not open for further replies.

mear

Inactive
Reaction score
I submitted an application for ROTP & CT. With all the necessary documents. I meet all the requirements.

However the recruiters are trying to have me remove my application.

I was called once and told "you're application is complete. We'll continue processing it. But RMC might not even look at it. Do you want to continue with your application?" Then I was told "they are most likely going to reject you. You have zero to nill chance of being picked up" Then I was called again and told "We cannot accept your application." Then I said "I would like to have my application processed" to which I was told "Fine, okay, we'll be in touch" and I was hung up on.

Because I have a competitive application (billingual, reservist, university athlete) I do not understand their enormous efforts to not process my application if I'm going to get refused. I don't have a criminal record or any reason whatsoever for recruiters to refuse me. Other then I can't go down in pay and I live in toronto, so I cost more?

Is there any way I can make sure they don't just throw out my application or purposely delay it? I have photocopies of all my documents. Who do I talk to about this? Because I feel this is inappropriate conduct from a recruiter.

Find out who the CO of recruiting is for your area (you should be able to do a search online for the info, but if you can't find it, PM me and I'll find out for you). Then send him/her an email with the details of your situation. Emails should be: surname.initials@forces.gc.ca.

I'm not condoning poor customer service WRT the how you are being treated, but I have a couple of questions.

1) Are you applying for any trades that are difficult to enter ie. very low recruiting numbers - Bioscience Officer comes to mind...
2) Are you applying for a trade where there is strong academic requirements/competition - ie. trying to get into Aerospace Eng without very competitive math and science marks?
3) Have you missed this years ROTP cut-off date?

1) Are you applying for any trades that are difficult to enter ie. very low recruiting numbers - Bioscience Officer comes to mind...
2) Are you applying for a trade where there is strong academic requirements/competition -

Logistics

3) Have you missed this years ROTP cut-off date?

No the board sits on March 18th, but they are doing whatever is possible to discourage me and have me remove my application before then. I am worried that when I call in to schedule an interview and medical that they are going to refuse to do so saying it is full.

I understand they are to weed people out based on their impressions of the person, that's recruitment, but I have done nothing to deserve that. I am always professional whenever I talk to anyone in that recruiting centre. Not to mention I'm an NCM, and the people in charge of ROTP are all officers, it's programmed in me. If I'm going to get rejected they should just let me apply and get a written refusal, it's the amount of effort they put into discouraging me that I find suspiscious.

The board may be sitting March 18, but that isn't necessarily the cutoff date for applications to those wanting to attend RMC.  I spent three years in recruiting and generally the cutoff date for applications was before the board sat.

Even with Civ U the process is the same(unless it has changed in the last 1.5 years).  For an ROTP application there is a national deadline for applications.  This is because the ROTP program is probably the most time consuming in recruiting.  I don't know when the national application deadline was, but out of curiosity when did you submit your paperwork?

I was told the process is now ongoing. They're accepting applications on an ongoing basis throughout the year.

Yes, that is correct but there is no guarantee of getting considered for this school year.  Are you applying at a recruiting center, or a smaller detachment?

Would you happen to know how to contact the recruiting chain of command?

I have more concerns with their behavior then the process itself.

mear said:
Would you happen to know how to contact the recruiting chain of command?

If you're a serving member, this may be something for you to pass up YOUR chain of command, versus calling up the CO of a CFRC.  While I'm sure the CO would like to know what's going on in his office, having some random reservist call him up isn't necessarily the "Army" way of doing things.

ParaMedTech said:
the "Army" way of doing things.

My chain of command already knows, I was also instructed to go through the recruiting chain of command. As "some reservist", I will be following the instructions I was given.

mear said:
My chain of command already knows, I was also instructed to go through the recruiting chain of command. As "some reservist", I will be following the instructions I was given.

When was the last time you were at CFRC? Go down to CFRC and talk to them.

Your CoC is responsible for YOUR well being. This means that your Pl Comd should be addressing the problem with your Adjt, who in turn should be contacting CFRC on your behalf if your efforts fail. In fact, they should be doing so now instead of telling YOU to contact CFRC's CoC. Just because they're losing you to the RegF does not mean they're not responsible for you at the moment.

Talk to your Sect Comd, which will filter up and up and up. Submit a Memo addressing your concerns and continually resubmit Memos Bi-monthly asking for a status update if you don't hear anything.

Also, just because YOU think you're competitive does not make it so. Maybe you're up against people with better quals and just over all better candidate. Don't feel bad if this is the case, it happens every year.

mear said:

I'll guarantee you this: even as "some reservist" and even in the ARAF or NavRes (vice being of the Land element) -- that your chain of command did NOT instruct you to contact the CO of the applicable Recruiting Centre.

You already have an answer. Who contacted you regarding your application and pulling it? Call them -- and ask for their supervisors phone number. THAT would be using the proper chain of command.

And with that -- this is locked. The usual caveats apply, contact a mod if you have anything significant to add.

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back