• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Info, discussion

Anyone else see the "mini Mountie" on Deal or no Deal Canada, man was she funny. Good for her, she won 78 thousand I believe, she had 300 thousand in her case though. Oh well she walks away with a good amount of cash.

About volunteer work, do I have to get some type of letter from someone responsible to say I did volunteer work for them, for proof?

Mdrinka said:
About volunteer work, do I have to get some type of letter from someone responsible to say I did volunteer work for them, for proof?

You have to be a little more specific when you ask your questions Mdrinka. What are you talking about?

Most legitmate volunteer organizations have form letters that express thanks for your contribution. 

Now that this thread is back, have any of you guys gotten on?  Anyone been to Depot? 

I was deferred for a year. They couldn't really tell me why, they just said they'd like to see me continue my education a little more. That, after almost 3 years and having sucessfully completed all recruiting steps. Background check came back fine, which was the last thing I had to do, but they said after an overall review, they'd like to defer me.

I got told to re-apply in November.

Too much recent life experience.
I probably won't though.

Besides the soundbites on the news stations will sound better with the statements of ".... the former military and one time RCMP applicant was arrested for...." ;D

my diversion is coming up :) wish me luck guys and gals  ;D

Fry said:
I was deferred for a year. They couldn't really tell me why, they just said they'd like to see me continue my education a little more. That, after almost 3 years and having sucessfully completed all recruiting steps. Background check came back fine, which was the last thing I had to do, but they said after an overall review, they'd like to defer me.

Weird.  I know they are really hurting for bodies right now, and things are going to get pretty bad in the next three years. 
Stick with it, and you guys will probably be in no problem.

That's what I thought. They never "really found a reason to not hire me" but feel it's best to defer me a year, to continue my education and whatnot... And that was right at the very end, everything done sucessfully... I was told everything was done perfectly and that I'd make a good recruit. Just not quite sure the priorities of B Divison recruiting. I'm going back wtih the CF and if I decide to persue my career afterwards, it'll probably be muni in Alb or Ont.

Well that depends are you gonna come to Vancouver recently? i need some parts, maybe you can help me carry em :D

FRY-

Don't be disillusioned, it took me 6 years and three exam sessions to get in. It may also be that you are applying from a smaller Division and Division recruiting levels usually mirror Division strength.

I know lot's of members who were deferred for a year, it will not be a strike against you should you reattempt the exam, instead it will be viewed as a measure of your motivation, maturity and tenacity! If you don't want to roll the dice again, come out to BC and apply here. The word is that they send 10 cadets from BC to each Troop in training (That has been quite accurate from my own experience back in 99).

Cheers
Noneck

got the call, not for RCMP but from the career shop. Loadmaster Training, think I'll jump at it and see some more of the world first.

Noneck,

Unfortunately, I don't have 6 years to wait around... or any years to wait around really. I need to do something with my life. I've always wanted both policing and the CF, and if later on down the road I want to persue policing again, I'll try a muni force or somewhere that doesn't require you sit around for years "incase" you might get picked.

Come to BC, and especially Vancouver to join THe Greater Vancouver Transport Authority Police Service. They are now a VERY good way to go :)

Hello all,

I was so happy to find this forum during my searches online about the RCMP recruitment process, as I am currently quite deep in the process myself. I actually just finished my polygraph examination yesterday afternoon, and I think it went relitivly well. It is so nice to have a forum like this, since it has been my experience that because of the confidentiality issues associated with much of the process it can leave an applicant feeling quite alone during what we all know is a very long and involved journey.

Personally I have to say that contrary to what many on this site have experienced during their recruitment process mine has been very quick and efficiant. Frankly when all is said and done, no matter what the result, I have been very impressed with the way that the RCMP has handled my file. I wrote my RPAT on Feburary 26th, 2007 and I am already passed the polygraph phase, which is my opinion is an excellent recruitment speed for a career of this nature. As for the rest, I can only hope that it continues to go as smoothly.

One concern I do have about my personal situation, which is something I will address here since I see there are some actual RCMP members on this forum, deals with my polygraph examination yesterday. I was honest and straight forward, which is something I definatly recomend to those not yet at this stage as I found that these men who administer these tests are wizards! But there were some things in my past that I had to own up to that I am very ashamed of, and since I know that there is a risk of legal action as a result of information obtained from these examinations I am wondering what the chances are of this applying to my case? Specifically I had to own up to a theft that I committed just under 5 years ago, where the value of the item was just over $100. Not a big deal in terms of crime I know, but still a theft none the less and one that I am very ashamed to admit to. Now wether or not this will affect my recruitment I do not know, I hope not, but if this mistake costs my a chance for a career with the RCMP than that is my fault and although I will regret it for the rest of my life I know that it was my choice at the time and I am willing to accept that perhaps that choice cost me this career choice.

So basically my question is, if I am not to proceed through the process because of this, what does everyone think the chances are that this matter (the theft) would be forwarded on for as criminal matter for investigation? I know that a theft under $5000 can be either indictable or a summary offence, and maybe I am making a big worry out of nothing, but it is still bothing me.

Also I was curious about those who have already done the polygraph, how long it took you all to get word on your results?

Thanks.

rcmphopeful said:
Hello all,
I was so happy to find this forum during my searches online about the RCMP recruitment process, as I am currently quite deep in the process myself.

Find?? You've been banned at LEAST 3 times now.......putz. Good thing you were not hooked up to the polygraph when you typed this. ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMUnacC6mw

Did you ever get the answers to the questions on how an army uniform goes together?[post 20],.....even though you have mega-time in? [post 1]

http://forums.army.ca/forums/members/7221;sa=showPosts;start=0

When it comes time to do the polygraph examination, how far back do you go in your life. If i stole something when i was 7 years old or punched a kid on my street do it tell all that stuff as well or is that just kids being young and not knowing any better. I  mean if you were a hyper kid you could be there all day writing stuff down, as well kids are kids and dont know any better untill they start to grow up. Im just wondering where you draw the line.

Back