• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick DEU TIE KNOT question

It never ceases to amaze me.  The amount of resistance guys have to learning how to properly tie a tie.  I use a double windsor and the knot is nice and tight and small if you do it right.  Just like my Mom showed me 20 odd years ago when I signed up (she was a drill instructor after all...)
Yup truly amazing that the guy who topped by basic had to get me to tie his tie  :brickwall:

Hey before I joined the Reserve Iv only needid a tie for weddings and funerals (man I love working blue collar)

Oh don't get me wrong I hate ties but they are part of our DEU and as such should be respected as a part of our uniform.  I can count the number of times I've worn a tie out of uniform on one hand.  I can assure you it was under duress but it was tied the same way -  a nice tight double windsor.
just my $0.02
Cheers
Bern

I have just purchased... a zip up tie, I kid you not. Most amazing invention ever. Already tied, the thin end of the tie is one big zipper that goes together when tightened and unzips when loosened.  ;D

Brother. They are not new been around forever but sometimes fall out of fashion.  Back in the days of Loverboy (that's a band BTW) they were red leather and tres cool to boot. (still never wore a tie if I didn't have to)

Back