• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question Regarding Choices

NBiederman

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in my final year of university, graduating April '11, and have decided that I am going to apply to the CF (DEO) in the regular forces. My question is regarding the application and the 3 preferred choices. My first choice is to be a pilot in the air force, and I will do anything to get that. Realistically though, I am aware that there may not even be any openings for a pilot position for the year. My question is, when handing in my forms, for the 3 choices should I only put pilot and leave the other 2 choices blank, or should I make 3 choices? My concern is that if I have 3 choices, would my choice of pilot be passed over if, lets say I were to make the choice of a more "in-demand" job or would I be considered for a pilot role equally, regardless of what my other choices are?
Thanks

hi, and good question

I had the same dilemma. While at the recruitment centre I was told that you do not necessarily need to give three choices. If you are 100% certain and committed to one trade, then you only need to list that one trade. At the interview stage, you'll have to know what trade you definitely want, regardless of what your 3 choices were.

HAWX said:
I am in my final year of university, graduating April '11, and have decided that I am going to apply to the CF (DEO) in the regular forces. My question is regarding the application and the 3 preferred choices. My first choice is to be a pilot in the air force, and I will do anything to get that. Realistically though, I am aware that there may not even be any openings for a pilot position for the year. My question is, when handing in my forms, for the 3 choices should I only put pilot and leave the other 2 choices blank, or should I make 3 choices? My concern is that if I have 3 choices, would my choice of pilot be passed over if, lets say I were to make the choice of a more "in-demand" job or would I be considered for a pilot role equally, regardless of what my other choices are?
Thanks
You should put whatever trades you wish to apply for, because if pilot is not open this year/you don't qualify, they would close your application. If you have other trades, you would be able to continue with the process for one of the other trades you applied for.

If for instance my other choices were in demand choices, would they overlook the pilot choice though? Or will I be considered for the pilot trade  the same regardless of what I apply for? I have 3 choices that I want to go for, pilot being my main, but I don't want to be overlooked because I had other in-demand choices. Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense.

You can apply for Pilot as your only choice.  If you are not competitive for Pilot at the end of your interview, your recruiting centre will help you pick another occupation without any penalty..

Back