• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question from a potential recruit

QuestionMark

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a serious question for which I would like a serious answer. 
Please Note: Lectures regarding employment equity, unless they are used lamentably as part of an answer detailing the current sorry state of affairs, or sociological discussions regarding gender roles or ability regardless of sex, will not be read or responded to.

I am considering joining the CAF.  I have a University degree.  I am reasonably physically fit, entering my late-20s, though I do currently wear prescription glasses for distance vision.
I seek a role in the CAF where my personal safety is not and will not be directly dependent on a woman or on any number of women, and likewise where the personal safety of any woman or women is not and will never be directly dependent upon me in an immediate way.  As I understand that so-called "combat roles" are now open to both men and women, in a combat setting, this would mean that no women would be in my "group" or in any nearby combat-ready "groups" that may affect me during operations, nor would they be providing combat support in a direct way such as operating a gunship, drone, or any other manner of device capable of causing bodily harm at the push of a button/buttons.

By "women" I do not mean the modern colloquial "gendered" form of the word, as in an individual of either sex who chooses to wear lipstick, but rather I mean it in the pre-1930, biological, sexual, definition of the word "woman" as has been established since pre-history as a human female.

I do not hold out much hope of a positive response to my question, having generally kept abreast of most of the changes of our military in recent years, however I do welcome any informative responses provided they fit the "requirements" outlined above.

Yours sincerely and Semper Fi,
QuestionMark

Your question is perplexing, however, I will attempt an answer.

There is absolutely no place for you in the Canadian Forces. Do not even give it another moment's thought as a place that may find a career.

Have a nice day!

SeaKingTacco said:
Your question is perplexing, however, I will attempt an answer.

There is absolutely no place for you in the Canadian Forces. Do not even give it another moment's thought as a place that may find a career.

Have a nice day!

:goodpost:

I am a woman in the CF and there is no way I would want an idiot like the OP anywhere near me.

Mods, we understand this is the "Ask a recruiter" thread, but please don't delete these replies.  The OP deserves what he gets here.

SupersonicMax said:
Time to join the 21st century?

That about sums it up. 

You pre-historic attitude towards the opposite sex would preclude you from serving in the Canadian military, and perhaps all other social interaction within Western society.  So many questions now arise as to how you have managed so far, but that is no longer of our concern.  You don't have to humour us any more.

I believe ISIS/IL offers conditions of service that would match your requirements.  :facepalm:

cavalryman said:
I believe ISIS/IL offers conditions of service that would match your requirements.  :facepalm:
Don't give him any ideas...

Moved to radio chatter where this sort of drek belongs, have it for now.

This can't be a serious post. Unless my browser has a cached page from early last century.

cryco said:
This can't be a serious post. Unless my browser has a cached page from early last century.

Actually, it was probably a Troll.  It originated from an IP address in the States that is a known source of SPAM. 

Back