• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pte. Robert Costall killed in Afghanistan firefight 29 Mar 2006

Thinking, and praying, for those left behind,

Thinking, and praying, for those healing,

Thinking, and praying, for those still in the fight.

:salute:

Thoughts and prayers to the families of those lost and the injured.

RIP Pte. Costall, you have served your country well. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Small consolation, but at least the man died on his feet, making a stand, for himself & his comrades. Born free from the blood and sacrifice of generations gone before, died free for generations to come.  :salute: to you Patricia, my thoughts and prayers to your family and friends. RIP

Thoughts and prayers to his family....

RIP

My thoughts and prayers go out to the fallen and the injured and their families. :salute:

I, too,  :salute: the fallen and send condolences to all the friends and family.

May a swift and full recovery come to those who are injured. Best wishes and prayers to the family and friends of all who are deployed.

Come home safe.

my condolences to the friends and family. While proud of him, it hurts no less where and how he died.  :cdn: :salute:

RIP my brother,

My condolences and prayers to the family and hopes for a speedy recovery and safe return to those wounded.

:cdn:

RIP to both troops. You've served your Countries well.
Condolences and prayers to the family and friends.
I pray for a speedy recovery for the wounded. :cdn: :salute:

What a special day.  It's so beautiful out, yet here we are, sitting peacefully by our monitors, and this poor lad's family....man.  Words escape me.  As Morgan Freeman's character said in that movie "They went down standing up" (or words to that effect).  "No greater love hath a man who would lay down his life for his brother".  And brothers they are.  And sisters.  The only good news, if any, is that "they" have about 30 or so fewer today than yesterday.

To the fallen, we salute you.  To those of us who remain behind, remember these words:
"Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep..."

:salute:

Robert Costall, RIP brother. You gave everything you could for this country. To a fellow patrica,  :salute:

Back