• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Primary Leadership Qualification Course (PLQ) Mega thread

Theres MOD 6 Infantry and theres a MOD 6 Land. Combat arms do the Infentry one and us CSS guys do the Land if your army theres a hole different course for the navy and airforce. also mod 6 is now broken in to two phases now the first part is 16 days and the second part is 23 days. i only know this as i just got my course message to go on mine next month and that's what it says.

armyboytncoy said:
Theres MOD 6 Infantry and theres a MOD 6 Land. Combat arms INFANTRY do the Infentry one and us CSS guys All other arms do the Land if your army theres a hole different course for the navy and airforce. also mod 6 is now broken in to two phases now the first part is 16 days and the second part is 23 days. i only know this as i just got my course message to go on mine next month and that's what it says.

Fixed that for you, also please use proper spelling/grammar/capitalization.

Well when i did my PLQ 1 - 5 the MOD 6 Infantry was for ALL Combat Arms trades and the MOD 6 Land was for the CSS guys.

armyboytncoy said:
Well when i did my PLQ 1 - 5 the MOD 6 Infantry was for ALL Combat Arms trades and the MOD 6 Land was for the CSS guys.
You must be mistaken.  PLQ 1 - 5 satisfies the CF's requirements for "primary leadership" for all CF Master Corporals, Master Bombardiers and Master Seamen.  PLQ Land adds on to that ("mod 6"), and satisfies the Army's requirements for all Army Master Corporals and Master Bombardiers.  PLQ Infantry satisfies the Army Requirements AND Infantry-specific requirements for Infantry Master Corporals.  This is why PLQ Infantry is longer than PLQ Land, because it must contain the same content as PLQ Land, as well as the Infantry Requirements.

1-5 is everyone together. Combat Arms and CSS, no matter what trade you are. On my 1-5 was PPCLI and there was truckers, everyone does the same together. The difference is the Mod 6, theres two. Mod 6 Infentry(ALL the Combat Arms) and Mod 6 Land(everyone else).

armyboytncoy said:
1-5 is everyone together. Combat Arms and CSS, no matter what trade you are. On my 1-5 was PPCLI and there was truckers, everyone does the same together. The difference is the Mod 6, theres two. Mod 6 Infentry(ALL the Combat Arms) and Mod 6 Land(everyone else).

You are wrong.

PLQ LAND is for everyone in a LAND ENVIRONMENT less INFANTRY

PLQ INFANTRY is ONLY for INFANTRY PERSONNEL

Is it just me, or was it simpler for everyone to understand when there was an ISCC, JLC, and CLC?

Just a thought.

JSR OP said:
Is it just me, or was it simpler for everyone to understand when there was an ISCC, JLC, and CLC?

Just a thought.

Yes, but if the name had not been changed annually several high ranking persons would never have had the "Promotes change" box ticked off on their PERs.

NFLD Sapper said:
You are wrong.

PLQ LAND is for everyone in a LAND ENVIRONMENT less INFANTRY

PLQ INFANTRY is ONLY for INFANTRY PERSONNEL
Well then they changed it from when i did mine because after mod 5 we split Combat arms did the Infantry one and the CSS did the Land one, theres no being wrong on that because that's what happend.

When did you do yours and where?  One of the prerequisites for the PLQ Infantry besides being Infantry is you need to be qualified IPSWQ (Infantry Platoon Support Weapons Qualified).  Also on your course did you get assessed on calling in indirect fire and controlling direct fire machine guns?   

George Wallace said:
Yes, but if the name had not been changed annually several high ranking persons would never have had the "Promotes change" box ticked off on their PERs.

Beleive it or not, sometimes things are changed for what are, at the time, good reasons and with good intentions. Not every single decision people make is driven by "leading change" (you could at least get it right). For a guy with your lenght of service and experience, you sure like to jump on uneducated bandwaggons all the time.

Then, there's the law of unintended consequences.

George Wallace said:

:boring:

George Wallace said:

So modularization of course delivery to serve total force needs, promote distributed courses to allow for local training and the move to standardize much of the common leadership requirements that were spread across branch specific courses had nothing to do with it?

As others have indicated, the soapbox built on the limited perspectives of your experience is starting to get stale.

dangerboy said:
When did you do yours and where?  One of the prerequisites for the PLQ Infantry besides being Infantry is you need to be qualified IPSWQ (Infantry Platoon Support Weapons Qualified).  Also on your course did you get assessed on calling in indirect fire and controlling direct fire machine guns? 
I did mine 5 years ago in Aldershot Nova Scotia. I did Land 1-5 I'm just getting on to my Mod 6 next month. The reason i didn't get on the Mod 6 after my course is that it was mod 6 Infantry, so All of the combat arms guys went and did that one.(arty, armoured, engineers and so on) then went regs and had to wait my turn.

As it stands now, there is a PLQ Land and a PLQ Infantry. I know this because Meaford (my unit) is running 2 x PLQ Lands. I am not directly involved.

Is there a PLQ for non LFC members (Air and navy)?

armyboytncoy said:
I did mine 5 years ago in Aldershot Nova Scotia. I did Land 1-5 I'm just getting on to my Mod 6 next month. The reason i didn't get on the Mod 6 after my course is that it was mod 6 Infantry, so All of the combat arms guys went and did that one.(arty, armoured, engineers and so on) then went regs and had to wait my turn.

Listen, I did mine 5/6 yrs ago and can tell you that all other arms do PLQ MOD 6 LAND and only INFANTRY do PLQ MOD 6 INFANTRY....

CDN Aviator said:
Yes. The Air Force runs its PLQ out of ACA in Borden.

Also CFFS(E), CFFS(Q) and CFNOS for the Navy and those employed outside an environmental command.

NFLD sapper were did u do yours then because I'm telling you that's the way LFAA ran the PLQ.

Back