• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pipelines

Also, you're insinuating that the breaking of my legs was a malicious act. The governments attempt to move us away from industries that contribute to climate change, while potentially fruitless, are nonetheless benevolent. It doesn't compare to me getting my legs broken by some malicious actor. A more apt comparison would be someone who broke my legs in order to save their child, and then coming to be and being like "Hey Bruh, totes sorry about having to break your legs, but it was the only way to save my kid. To make amends, I'll pay for your physio and get you some bomb-ass crutches."
Wow you don't really believe that? The whole thing is just the government is breaking something to hurt you because they believe you are in the way to their utopia and the believe in the increase in power they will receive. It has zero to do with saving the planet or helping anyone. But it's does make some people richer and othervmore control. That is the only goal.

Wow you don't really believe that? The whole thing is just the government is breaking something to hurt you because they believe you are in the way to their utopia and the believe in the increase in power they will receive. It has zero to do with saving the planet or helping anyone. But it's does make some people richer and othervmore control. That is the only goal.
How cynical can you be? Actually, don't answer that; this entire forum is the epitome of cynicism when it comes to the "gov'ment".

I believe climate change is real and that it is being caused, or at least exacerbated, by humans. I do believe that some of us have an ounce of selflessness in us, especially when it comes to wanting there to be a planet for our kids and grandkids to live on. And yes, many of these people are in government. I know quite a few people who work in politics, mostly liberal and conservative, but I know a few green and ndp as well, and just about all of them agree that the government needs to do something to deal with climate change, since we can't trust private companies to do what's in the environments best interest, only what's in their shareholder's best interest. So, yes I believe that the government is enacting counter-climate-change initiatives because they actually want to do the responsible government thing and try and save the planet. I don't believe for a second that this is some sort of clandestine conspiracy to usurp more powee for the elites. Why else would there be so many grass roots environmentalist movements demanding these types of actions and approving of these types of policies?

Will this hurt some people and put them out of work? Yes absolutely, but so goes the blacksmith and the milk man. If the government can simultaneously create an initiative to soften the blow, all the better.

Finally, bitch about the 'Just(in) Transition' initiative all you want, but I can almost guarantee you that if the Cons win the next election the program will not go away (though they may change the name). Liberal detractors may be using it as an attack point, but it is exactly what it says it is, an attempt to get people jobs. Do you know who hates it when you take away their job prospects? Voters, and the Cons aren't stupid.

How cynical can you be? Actually, don't answer that; this entire forum is the epitome of cynicism when it comes to the "gov'ment".

I believe climate change is real and that it is being caused, or at least exacerbated, by humans. I do believe that some of us have an ounce of selflessness in us, especially when it comes to wanting there to be a planet for our kids and grandkids to live on. And yes, many of these people are in government. I know quite a few people who work in politics, mostly liberal and conservative, but I know a few green and ndp as well, and just about all of them agree that the government needs to do something to deal with climate change, since we can't trust private companies to do what's in the environments best interest, only what's in their shareholder's best interest. So, yes I believe that the government is enacting counter-climate-change initiatives because they actually want to do the responsible government thing and try and save the planet. I don't believe for a second that this is some sort of clandestine conspiracy to usurp more powee for the elites. Why else would there be so many grass roots environmentalist movements demanding these types of actions and approving of these types of policies?

Will this hurt some people and put them out of work? Yes absolutely, but so goes the blacksmith and the milk man. If the government can simultaneously create an initiative to soften the blow, all the better.

Finally, bitch about the 'Just(in) Transition' initiative all you want, but I can almost guarantee you that if the Cons win the next election the program will not go away (though they may change the name). Liberal detractors may be using it as an attack point, but it is exactly what it says it is, an attempt to get people jobs. Do you know who hates it when you take away their job prospects? Voters, and the Cons aren't stupid.

Your unwavering faith in big government is admirable. You'd be a great umpire; you're consistent.

But if you actually believed in good outcomes and you educated yourself you would know this government is doing the exact opposite to help the climate or this country. In fact, they are helping to make the world dependent on the biggest polluters while throttling this country's economic prosperity and future.

Canada should be supplying the world with LNG and working to get the largest polluters off of coal and dictator oil. The second and third order effects to that would be that Canada gets really rich and so do nations with cheap clean energy supplies... and Canada can spend that money on developing even more greener energy initiatives... and improving healthcare... and rebuilding the military... space exploration... and so on.

Lol. I'm definitely not the incorrigible one on this site. In fact, I think I'm one of the ones most open to having my mind changed. When it comes to the government, I definitely have a healthy skepticism on both their competence and motives. There are some on this who I swear that if their own mothers got elected, they wouldnt trust anything she did or said simply because she's now in the government.

The blacksmith and the milkman went away mostly because of private innovation and mostly without help from governments. Governments impede progress every time they choose wrongly. There aren't very many people in government thinking about complex problems compared to the millions of people making everyday decisions, so governments often choose wrongly.

Lol. I'm definitely not the incorrigible one on this site. In fact, I think I'm one of the ones most open to having my mind changed. When it comes to the government, I definitely have a healthy skepticism on both their competence and motives. There are some on this who I swear that if their own mothers got elected, they wouldnt trust anything she did or said simply because she's now in the government.

Its not a spontaneous thought process. Its a response to the observation of repetitive behavior.

So Biden is looking to get re-elected in the real world.

He shut down DC's new woke criminal code.
And he looks set to open up a major new Arctic oilfield.
The only thing left to surprise me is the completion of a wall on the Mexican border ( and more gates on the Canadian one)

Will Trudeau follow suit?

Will Trudeau follow suit?
He doesn’t have to. “Blue Liberals” will stay home and NDP will flock to him. Not to mention a helping hand from his BFF, Xi.

Our Liberals are immune from the lessons the Democrats down south are now experiencing.

He doesn’t have to. “Blue Liberals” will stay home and NDP will flock to him. Not to mention a helping hand from his BFF, Xi.

Our Liberals are immune from the lessons the Democrats down south are now experiencing.

Actually I don't know about the NDP flocking to the Trudeauites. I suspect a significant fault line developing there - CCF beliefs haven't gone away.

Interesting concept - the Brits are considering going deep with their geothermal. Green Fracking? Drill a hole. Pump liquids into the hole. Suck liquids out of the hole. Make steam. Beware of the Snap, Crackle, Pop. But it will be carbon-free.

(Iceland doesn't have to go deep for their geothermal energy. Their heat source is at the surface)

Blue-Lagoon-Iceland-10.jpg

Cornwall's underground power source could turbocharge Britain​

Energy locked deep below the ground has the potential to heat every home in the UK

ByRachel Millard8 March 2023 • 6:00am

The race to develop cleaner energy has sent engineers in several directions: out to sea to plant wind turbines, to the desert to plant solar panels, and into the laboratory to try and develop nuclear fusion.
At an industrial site in Cornwall, however, they are looking in another direction: deep underground.
Private company Geothermal Engineering has drilled more than three miles underground near Redruth, tapping into water at temperatures of up to 180 degrees centigrade.
It plans to harness that heat to generate electricity for the national electricity grid and warmth for nearby homes.
It would be the first deep geothermal power plant in the UK, when up and running as planned in 2024.
Geothermal Engineering has now raised £15m to get the project over the line, £12m of which is coming from Kerogen Capital, the private equity firm.
The $2bn [£1.6bn] asset manager has been best known for its investment in oil and gas, but is pushing into lower carbon sources and has a dedicated clean energy division, CelerateX.

Its investment into Geothermal Engineering comes amid a wider global push into deep geothermal energy as part of efforts to replace fossil fuels and cut carbon emissions.
Companies are rapidly developing new ways of drilling and extracting the warmth from deep underground, raising hopes deep geothermal could move from the niche into the mainstream.
“I think it can be very significant,” says Michael Liebreich, energy expert and chairman of Liebreich Associates, who is also chairman of the advisory board of deep geothermal developer Eavor.
“I think there's always been a strong understanding that it's a big opportunity - the challenge is how do you get it out, and how do you get it out economically.”
Deep geothermal currently makes a tiny contribution to the global energy system, with projects generally providing heat and electricity for small, local communities.
The complications, risk and expense of drilling deep underground and drawing out warmth has held the industry back, with little reason to invest heavily when other, competitive sources of energy are plentiful.

That equation is changing, however, because of efforts to diversify away from oil and gas, with billions of pounds now flowing into finding cleaner energy solutions and the price of carbon emissions going up in several economies.
Global concerns over energy security this winter after Russia’s war on Ukraine rocked oil and gas markets is also focusing minds on new solutions.
“The current situation – characterised by highly volatile oil and gas prices – provides renewed opportunities for geothermal energy to further develop as a strategic alternative in electricity generation, heating and cooling worldwide,” Irena, the International Renewable Energy Agency, said in a report last month.
New drilling techniques, including some developed through the natural gas fracking boom in the US, are also helping to push the industry forward.
In the US, for example, Quaise Energy is developing a new technique which uses super high energy laser beams to ‘drill’ through hard rock deep underground.
The company says the “radical new approach” should enable them to reach depths of up to 20 kilometres and temperatures up to 500 degrees celsius.
The technology was developed by scientists working on nuclear fusion at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Carlos Araque, chief executive and co-founder, says he wants to build “clean electric generation and heat distribution plants within a short distance of every major population and industrial centre on the planet”.
In June, Quaise Energy raised $52m from companies including Techint Group, the Argentine conglomerate, and Safar Partners, US technology venture fund.
Before setting up Quaise, Mr Araque worked as a technology development manager at Schlumberger, the oilfield services company.
He is not alone in seeing the potential for assets and expertise from the fossil fuel industry to be redeployed.

In the oil and gas heartlands of Texas, oil and gas companies including Chevron and Halliburton have signed up to the new Texas Geothermal Energy Alliance.
"We've been drilling oil and gas wells for so long in Texas – over 1 million wells – that we have all this data about what's below the surface," Barry Smitherman, a former regulator in Texas, told S&P Global Platts last year. “That can inform geothermal developers about where to concentrate."
Meanwhile, in Europe heat is being extracted from an abandoned oil well in Kiskunhalas, Hungary, in a project officials hope could be replicated.
In South Wales, officials have been exploring whether water swirling through disused coal mines could be used to heat local homes.
Some investment is also coming from the fossil fuel sector. BP and Chevron have both backed Alberta-based Eavor.
Its approach involves using the geothermal warmth to heat water it pipes underground – acting like a large radiator – without needing to extract water from deep underground.
“Eavor has just dug the world’s deepest geothermal lateral in the world – we are really pushing the limits of drilling capability,” adds Mr Liebreich.
Geothermal is not without its problems: The process is energy intensive. In many cases, carbon dioxide dissolved in low quantities in water will also need capturing and sent back into the ground.
Geothermal drilling near Cornwall’s Eden Project had to be halted in March 2022 owing to seismic activity.
The UK’s banned natural gas fracking industry has argued geothermal drillers are treated unfairly given seismic risk.
However, the push away from fossil fuels gives geothermal a second impetus: electric car batteries need lithium, which can be extracted from geothermal waters at the same time as the heat.
In the UK, Geothermal Engineering is using a “binary” power plant.
Hot geothermal waters are piped from deep underground and used to heat a second fluid using a heat exchanger. The secondary liquid is used for steam to drive a turbine to produce electricity. The geothermal fluid is sent back underground.

Geothermal drilling near Cornwall’s Eden Project had to be halted in March 2022 owing to seismic activity CREDIT: JAY WILLIAMS
Once that project is up and running, the company wants to build a fleet of small power stations around Cornwall.
Much will depend, however, on the outcome of an upcoming government auction to secure its electricity prices, where geothermal will compete against other technologies.
Ryan Law, Geothermal Engineering’s chief executive, estimates the cost of generating electricity from the plants could be in the region of £100 per MWh, which is far more expensive than offshore wind and other technologies.
As well as power supplies and heat, it also wants to extract lithium from the geothermal waters, and has been testing the viability with various approaches.
Law says an announcement should be made on that front in the next couple of months.
“It's a very exciting sort of development for us and potentially huge for UK PLC," he says.
“We’ve taken it step by step to try and get the solutions right, so that when we do produce lithium then we have meaningful quantities.”
He and Kerogen Capital, which is taking a majority stake, argue its investment “fires the starting gun” on a wider deep geothermal energy industry in the UK.
“Right beneath our feet, we’ve got the potential to heat every home in the UK with geothermal,” says Jason Cheng, chief executive of Kerogen Capital.
“It's been a niche industry, but now it's set to scale."

But if you actually believed in good outcomes and you educated yourself you would know this government is doing the exact opposite to help the climate or this country. In fact, they are helping to make the world dependent on the biggest polluters while throttling this country's economic prosperity and future.

Canada should be supplying the world with LNG and working to get the largest polluters off of coal and dictator oil. The second and third order effects to that would be that Canada gets really rich and so do nations with cheap clean energy supplies... and Canada can spend that money on developing even more greener energy initiatives... and improving healthcare... and rebuilding the military... space exploration... and so on.

Can anyone take a guess on whether countries like China or Russia want the highlighted above for Canada? Or would they rather see a muted and weakened West?

We now know of significant CCP interference in our elected government... what are the odds our current elected government is doing exactly what it's doing because of CCP influence?

Can anyone take a guess on whether countries like China or Russia want the highlighted above for Canada? Or would they rather see a muted and weakened West?

We now know of significant CCP interference in our elected government... what are the odds our current elected government is doing exactly what it's doing because of CCP influence?
part of it only. there are lots of willing participants in the green scam that are not asian

Back