• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Penthouse folding!

MrMustard

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a reserve (I know, I know) sig op whose destined for afghanistan next year, and I'm currently in charge of my squadrons recruit tp. I'd like to leave them with some items to help out with their training prior to leaving for my work up training, and with that I had a brainstorm - is/are there anything out there - DIN or otherwise - that shows you how to properly fold and pack away a penthouse?

Thanks!

The folding of the penthouse is quite easy. First fold the extension fully across the main side. Then fold the side in half and half again until its on the roof within the base of the penthouse. Stack all the poles over top of this in one layer, then strap the cover over it. Then drive away. You probably won't find it in the DIN, but you can photograph the step by step to allow the unit to see how to do it right.

and here I thought it was the magazine you wanted to fold

You too, rifleman?  I was about to advise them to buy Playboy if Penthouse is folding...

There is a penthouse manual. If you want it, pm me.

If you want any specific clarification on folding, let me know. After taking over a penthouse equipped det two years ago, I've gotten quite skilled at it.

Occam said:
You too, rifleman?  I was about to advise them to buy Playboy if Penthouse is folding...

LOL I'll take some photos of that post them for the folks here!

Seriously though, are there really no Pam's or anything on how to do it? I mean I know how to do it, but sometimes it's easier to explain, while demonstrating, with a visual aid.

MrMustard said:
I'm a reserve (I know, I know)

Also, I don't know what that was supposed to mean, but if you feel inferior in any way because you are a reservist, you're entitled to your wrong oppinion.

MrMustard said:
LOL I'll take some photos of that post them for the folks here!

Seriously though, are there really no Pam's or anything on how to do it? I mean I know how to do it, but sometimes it's easier to explain, while demonstrating, with a visual aid.

Did you miss what I posted? The manual is C-87-224-000/MS-000

If you can't find it via the DIN let me know.

a Sig Op said:
Also, I don't know what that was supposed to mean, but if you feel inferior in any way because you are a reservist, you're entitled to your wrong oppinion.

Yeah I know. Sometimes I feed the beast myself and it's wrong. I'm gearing up to start my work up training this Nov to deploy next spring and, to be honest, I'm a little nervous. I've met quite a few reservists that are exceptional sig ops, however I'm not really one of them. I just don't have the technical ability or aptitude and I have to work extra hard at it.

Anyway, this thread isn't supposed to be about my ridiculous insecurities! Thanks Sig Op. Much appreciated.

MrMustard said:
Yeah I know. Sometimes I feed the beast myself and it's wrong. I'm gearing up to start my work up training this Nov to deploy next spring and, to be honest, I'm a little nervous. I've met quite a few reservists that are exceptional sig ops, however I'm not really one of them. I just don't have the technical ability or aptitude and I have to work extra hard at it.

If you're planning on heading out on a tour, I suggest you get over it and get confident fast. You have the training.

a Sig Op said:
If you're planning on heading out on a tour, I suggest you get over it and get confident fast. You have the training.

I'll be good to go. Just, new guy jitters is all. I have a strong unit with a lot of experience to draw from and I owe it to them to perform.

Yeah..... Not gonna lie..... Totally did not expect this thread to be about Tentage....

Though one could argue that either type of penthouse could result in some being erected.....

"Grab the whips and tie downs"

"Want to watch me erect my 40 foot mast?"

"You two are with me in the penthouse tonight"

Black-out light and glow stick rave parties anyone?

Tango18A said:
The folding of the penthouse is quite easy. First fold the extension fully across the main side. Then fold the side in half and half again until its on the roof within the base of the penthouse. Stack all the poles over top of this in one layer, then strap the cover over it. Then drive away. You probably won't find it in the DIN, but you can photograph the step by step to allow the unit to see how to do it right.
This cover of which you speak; is it available within the system?  If so, would you be able to send me, via PM, the NSN.  The lack of one is a problem we've always had.

a Sig Op said:

To add to that:
"The Primary Reserve comprises soldiers, sailors, and airmen who train to the level of and interchangeable :nod: with their Regular Force counterparts and are posted to CF operations or duties on an on-going basis." 8)

:salute: to the Reserves

Spanky said:
This cover of which you speak; is it available within the system?  If so, would you be able to send me, via PM, the NSN.  The lack of one is a problem we've always had.

You can also use a tarp of the appropriate size, if in a pinch.

The "cover" should be the blank endwall, drapes inside the penthouse itself, against the vehicle, NSN 8340-21-880-9885 it forms a part of the penthouse when set up, it's the last part to be folded, it's about a foot and a half wider then the roof of the truck.

Anything else?

Back