• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Penthouse folding!

Spanky said:
This cover of which you speak; is it available within the system?  If so, would you be able to send me, via PM, the NSN.  The lack of one is a problem we've always had.

In Germany, our CP Penthouses included a piece of canvas about a foot and a half or 2 feet larger than the width of the folded penthouse (each side).  I believe that it was actually a part of the Penthouse, that draped over the back end and sides of the carrier, covering the ramp door and acted as a  Black-out curtain. Once the penthouse was folded inwards to less than the width of the carrier, we simply rolled it up the back of the carrier until it was fully rolled and sitting on top of the carrier.

The canvas cover would still draped down the back and sides of the carrier; Once the poles were secured, we simply folded the cover over the tentage/poles, then bungee-strapped/cargo-strapped everything into one tight package.

Literally, 2 guys could tear-down in under 3 or 4 minutes! If a crash move, then "prettiness" went out the window, and the penthouse was either ejected, or crash-folded/strapped down in under about a minute. Happened a few times at 1 RCHA Germany. We could tear-down c/s 95 in minutes when needed, and these were using "Queen-Mary" (M-577) sized penthouses - a bit higher than most other penthouses...
120px-M113-beyt-hatotchan-1.jpg

I'll admit, my first thought was that Penthouse was going out of business.

....*ahem*

Nauticus said:
I'll admit, my first thought was that Penthouse was going out of business.
....*ahem*

As long as paper exists...."The House" will never go without business.......and a fine house it is.

A very, very, very, fine house.

Hammer Sandwich said:
As long as paper exists...."The House" will never go without business......

Apparently the internet has not replaced everything

Back