• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PEIR

sigtech said:
Meh most members from Summerside aren't in to do takings, they are mostly there for the mess at the B Sqn Armours

Uhmmm, hello? Not.

Gramps said:
She is way ahead of you MRM.

Why isn't she in the photo contest ? She could wage battle with the 48th regulator's one !  :D
(probably to far behind for Von Garvin's one  ;D !

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=24480&g2_page=1

sigtech said:
Meh most members from Summerside aren't in to do takings, they are mostly there for the mess at the B Sqn Armours

Well neither one of us have worked with the Regiment in sometime, But I have seen a bunch of the guys from Summerside in KAF.

Not much PEIR is based out of Summerside now although they still maintain a presence there. The vast majority are based out of the Queen Charlotte Armouries in Charlottetown, that'd be the boys (and one girl!!) you're seeing over there.

Vern

sigtech said:

Now come on, we ALL know that B Sqn had the BEST mess!  Who could blame "us" for not wanting to leave it?  ;D

You Eastern PEI folks were just jealous 'cause we had The Bear for our last OC.  ;D

In all seriousness, B Sqn was disolved years ago (even though the folks in Summerside wouldn't admit to it) and effectively, The Regiment is now comprised of RHQ, HQ Sqn and D Sqn.  Summerside is 3 Tp, D Sqn vice B Sqn.

Although...the last time I was there I could have SWORN there was still big yellow lettering on the Summerside Armouries that read...

B SQUADRON

The Librarian said:
Uhmmm, hello? Not.

I think the comment was made is jest to all of the "B Sqn" folks he knew.  See, SigTech never had the benefit of training with us B  Sqn/3 Tp guys very much, except the one GMT course he taught on.  He was one of the Charlottetown guys... ::) ;D

'Member that one ButtSigTech?  The one you made young Crossman cry during the wpns class 'cause she had never held a "gun" before?  ;D
Perry said:
Well neither one of us have worked with the Regiment in sometime, But I have seen a bunch of the guys from Summerside in KAF.

Hey I heard you managed to hide in the COs suitcase, thinking he was going golfing in Florida but you actually ended up in KAF.  Good on 'ya!

Ref c/s's Randy M and Shawn A, if you see them, tell them I said "hi".  Actually, tell Shawn A I said "bite me!"

;)

Not sure who else is over there that I know (I have been gone now since....Oct '01.  Wow!) but tell them all I said "howdy" and all that jazz...

Well Mud,
I would love to say Hi for you but I got home on Saturday night, I did see the two people you mention I had a chance to chat with them quickly. They say everything is going good so far, They will change their attitudes when the heat hits. ;) Well I should go back enjoying my leave.

Perry said:
Well Mud,
I would love to say Hi for you but I got home on Saturday night, I did see the two people you mention I had a chance to chat with them quickly. They say everything is going good so far, They will change their attitudes when the heat hits. ;) Well I should go back enjoying my leave.

Roger, nice to hear someone has made contact with them. 

Drop me a line when you get back to your air force tartan arm chair  ;D...if you are ever in Halifax, drop me a line, I am living in/working at Shearwater now...

Can do Mud,
I'll be heading to the east coast in a couple of weeks. My intent is to some visiting in PEI, NB and NS I'm sure you're not hard to find and I'm sure C/S Evans could find you in a hurry.

See you later

Perry said:
Can do Mud,
I'll be heading to the east coast in a couple of weeks. My intent is to some visiting in PEI, NB and NS I'm sure you're not hard to find and I'm sure C/S Evans could find you in a hurry.

See you later

Well, if so I hope he doesn't remember his "stag" at the Mess that night... ;D

He might not, but I do, I'm sure i can remind him. ;D ;D

Perry said:
He might not, but I do, I'm sure i can remind him. ;D ;D

Hmm, who was it that rammed him into the bed posts?  No, no it wasn't me....hmmmmmm.

>:D

Mud Recce Man said:
Now come on, we ALL know that B Sqn had the BEST mess!  Who could blame "us" for not wanting to leave it?  ;D

You Eastern PEI folks were just jealous 'cause we had The Bear for our last OC.  ;D

In all seriousness, B Sqn was disolved years ago (even though the folks in Summerside wouldn't admit to it) and effectively, The Regiment is now comprised of RHQ, HQ Sqn and D Sqn.  Summerside is 3 Tp, D Sqn vice B Sqn.

Although...the last time I was there I could have SWORN there was still big yellow lettering on the Summerside Armouries that read...

B SQUADRON

I think the comment was made is jest to all of the "B Sqn" folks he knew.  See, SigTech never had the benefit of training with us B  Sqn/3 Tp guys very much, except the one GMT course he taught on.  He was one of the Charlottetown guys... ::) ;D

'Member that one ButtSigTech?  The one you made young Crossman cry during the wpns class 'cause she had never held a "gun" before?  ;D
Hey I heard you managed to hide in the COs suitcase, thinking he was going golfing in Florida but you actually ended up in KAF.  Good on 'ya!

Ref c/s's Randy M and Shawn A, if you see them, tell them I said "hi".  Actually, tell Shawn A I said "bite me!"

;)

Not sure who else is over there that I know (I have been gone now since....Oct '01.  Wow!) but tell them all I said "howdy" and all that jazz...

It was in Jest, and yes I remember bits and blurs of that GMT, including that you had the key for said mess and we stayed up till 4 am "reworking" my lesson plans. I punched some poor Pte in the head for trying to wake me up one hour later. All I can remember was hearing Cpl Wilson you need to get up so we can eat.

Yes I did make Crossman cry and if I remember you held up a sign with large red letters saying Fail, I was freaking and you were laughing your ass off. Same Course that Jim Smallman reworked the command of Mark Time.

Yes the best part of B Sqn was the Mess ahhhhhhhhhhh good times

The best part of B sqn was the fact that they could function without any chain of command or rank structure.
They weren't an army unit they were a bunch of hillbillies who did recce...and did it well I will say.
Mud and I have had this discussion many times....sometimes quite heated :argument:..but always ended in more beer not fisticuffs.
I know for a fact this was a part of Bsqn that Mud loved...and hated at the same time.  It really is too bad we don't have them as a sqn any more.  As a full sqn they were always very switched on. But not too prfessional >:D

Let'er rip.

On a different note....Good Day From edmonton.
I should have done this years ago.  The regt has seen fit put me on every course that I would have gotten had I of stayed in all those yrs ago.
Just finished my 6a and am going back to Gagetown for another tank course...cant wait to get on a Leo2.
I am slated as 26(Dozer tank) for our tour in 08.....woohoo cant wait.

Parva Sub Ingenti/Perseverance :tank:

LIKELY said:
The best part of B sqn was the fact that they could function without any chain of command or rank structure.

:-*

They weren't an army unit they were a bunch of hillbillies who did recce...and did it well I will say.

:rofl:
Mud and I have had this discussion many times....sometimes quite heated :argument:..but always ended in more beer not fisticuffs.
I know for a fact this was a part of Bsqn that Mud loved...and hated at the same time. 

Not a word of lie there!  It was "nice to have a Tp off on your own...but sucked to not be a constant part of the big Recce Sqn picture.

On a different note....Good Day From edmonton.
I should have done this years ago.  The regt has seen fit put me on every course that I would have gotten had I of stayed in all those yrs ago.
Just finished my 6a and am going back to Gagetown for another tank course...cant wait to get on a Leo2.
I am slated as 26(Dozer tank) for our tour in 08.....woohoo cant wait.

Parva Sub Ingenti/Perseverance :tank:

Good to hear man!  I am having almost as much fun in Shearwater counting staples and doing IT support now cough cough  ::)

Good to hear

Hope the LDSH are treating you well

Mabye if all goes well you will see me in Edmonton in the next couple of years

A floor that you may recognize ... from last night's Mess Dinner.

100_0263.jpg

More than just the floor - I believe that's 43A (in my day at least) there in the back, with the beard.

DG

RecceDG said:
More than just the floor - I believe that's 43A (in my day at least) there in the back, with the beard.

DG

You have a BINGO.  :)

Far right looks like LCol Thomas...he was..OC D back when you were there perhaps??

Lots of faces there I know...

Mud Recce Man said:
Far right looks like LCol Thomas...he was..OC D back when you were there perhaps??

Lots of faces there I know...

That would have been Sgt Charlie Thomas, back in the days when I was there.  ;D

Back