• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PEIR

Yeah!  We left Valcartier, and were in Charlottetown for "Last Call".   ;D

I was thinking of Charlie Adams, also one of the Instructors on that Crse.  Was a good summer and we had probably the best AMBUSH in the history of man on that 4way intersection out in the RMA against Bruce Macdonald's Troop.  You nearly went deaf holding the G-Pig on your shoulder at your end of the causeway.  Rick Smith and his patrol crept up the ditch with their jeeps after not being seen by the enemy.  Trevor Jones and Ted Marsh bounced a Smoke grenade off the roof of some girl's car as she passed them in the 'Cut Off Point'.  And the rest of the guys up on the ridge had a field day firing G Pigs onto the Intersection as the Troop Leader drove around in circles.  Lots of smoke.  Lots of pyro. 

Then of course there was the End Crse Party and the "Dead Soldiers" and full Heinie on the Pde Sq.  You guys didn't make it too obvious the next morning on Pde, who the "idiot who couldn't spell" was associated with.  Sorry I missed the RSM's rant.  Good thing 'Joe the Buck' was away that week.

Didn't you guys also have something to do with the McDonald's flag on the flag pole one morning?

[edit to add]  Just had a lecture, three weeks ago, from Wes Papineau who was on the QL1 Crse and landed up in the back of my jeep for EX.  He was one of the INT Guys on the crse.  There were also a couple of guys from the Windsor Regt on the crses too.

ROFLMMFAO  I deny any and all knowledge of a Macdonalds flag.  However, that was a long crawl from the back of the parade square.  ;D Part two of that night was getting into the main Veh compund and pushing all the trucks up against the gates.  Charlie Adams, damn, that's a name I haven't heard in a coon's age alright.  Funny the things that you recall.  Now I do vaguely recall being the walking tripod for that G-Pig.  Great fun tho.

I hadn't seen or heard anything from Jimmy for the longest time before I left PEI.  Sean would likely be the one who had heard from him.

There is a name that hasn't been around for a while.

Many can be found at the Assoc website:  http://peiregimentassoc.tripod.com/ 

all I know about mike , he left PEIR as a WO and went to I think the RCD as a Cpl to drive POL around

sigtech said:
all I know about mike , he left PEIR as a WO and went to I think the RCD as a Cpl to drive POL around
I believe he became a Strathcona and last I heard he was in Gagetown. My Father ran into J Craig a few weeks ago and he appeared to be doing okay.

I don't know there is a Cpl Mike Cullen with the RCD in Pet RHQ guess I will have to e-mail skanks and see if that is the same Mike Cullen

Yes it is.      ;)

Regards

sigtech said:
I don't know there is a Cpl Mike Cullen with the RCD in Pet RHQ guess I will have to e-mail skanks and see if that is the same Mike Cullen

Could you have added some punctuation in there somewhere.  It sounds like you don't know Mike Cullen.

Mike was posted to Pet after going Regs.  He did some time in an echelon job and then RHQ.  We ran into him in Gagetown during an Arcon a while after that.  He was at that time driving a POL truck for the Armd School.  I'm not sure when it was but at least 6 or 7 years ago.

17thRecce said:
Mike was posted to Pet after going Regs.  He did some time in an echelon job and then RHQ.  We ran into him in Gagetown during an Arcon a while after that.  He was at that time driving a POL truck for the Armd School.  I'm not sure when it was but at least 6 or 7 years ago.

Actually, Mike went out West with the Strats when he CT'd, then ended up at the College of Knowledge.  I hadn't heard that he rebadged and was posted to Pet though.  Sean A., for those who don't know, is either one his way to, or already in the sandbox with 1-07. 

RBD, how long has Cookie been in Pet?

CaseySheppard said:
saw him at the confed court mall......so he was still alive.............barely

You didn't happen to see Jim S there too did you?  Last I heard, he was working there...

Perry said:
Last I seen old Brownie which was in June He was working at range control maint. He has to feed the section of kids he has at home somehow.

x2... he was at L33. Him and I worked great. I would break the Iltis and he would do his magic! But yeah he is working at Range Control... he has his leaf now.  ;D

Sorry I am not armour... just a wanna be..    ;)

TN2IC said:
x2... he was at L33. Him and I worked great. I would break the Iltis and he would do his magic! But yeah he is working at Range Control... he has his leaf now.   ;D

Sorry I am not armour... just a wanna be..    ;)

Brownie "had his leaf" when I got in back in '89.  Good to see that he has it back as a wrench-bender!  No one in NATO knew the workings of an Iltis like 'ol c/s 43-Brownie (anyone remember ARCON '93?  "Contact...Grid 123 456, 2 M-72's moving south along treeline, am observing, over")   :rofl:  For those who weren't in 3 Tp that Ex, Brownie was the Jnr c/s to our RSS WO at the time (J. G.).  I remember J.G. shaking his head LOTS on that one...

Mud Recce Man said:
Brownie "had his leaf" when I got in back in '89.  Good to see that he has it back as a wrench-bender!  No one in NATO knew the workings of an Iltis like 'ol c/s 43-Brownie (anyone remember ARCON '93?  "Contact...Grid 123 456, 2 M-72's moving south along treeline, am observing, over")   :rofl:  For those who weren't in 3 Tp that Ex, Brownie was the Jnr c/s to our RSS WO at the time (J. G.).  I remember J.G. shaking his head LOTS on that one...

You do know that there once was a house at that Grid.  When they updated the survey with GPS in the 1990's and realigned the Gridlines, there is nothing at that grid anymore.

I had heard a story to that effect once..but figured it ranked up there with brass magnets and stuff like that  ;D

Taken from The Province, 09 Jan 07

Sendoff ceremony for soldiers planned

Islanders can help send P.E.I. Regiment reservists off to Afghanistan with well wishes on Wednesday.

The province is paying tribute to the Island soldiers who will soon be deployed to the war-torn country in a public ceremony at 7 p.m. in the Charlottetown Hotel.

One member of the regiment was deployed in December to serve with the defence and security platoon at the Canadian camp in Kandahar.

Fourteen reservists from the P.E.I. Regiment are set to be deployed between Jan. 20 and Feb. 28, said military spokesman Lieut. Ron Kronstein.

At least 10 other Islanders serving with units across Canada are also expected to be deployed over the same period.

Addresses will be made by a number of dignitaries at the ceremony, including Brig.-Gen. Rick Parsons, commander of Land Forces Atlantic Area.

The Prince Edward Island Regiment Band will play the vice regal salute and music for the reception that follows the formal portion of the ceremony.

The reception will offer people the opportunity to chat with the troops.

"We just wanted a good sendoff,'' said Martha Ellis, events co-ordinator for the province. "I think the most important thing is we want Islanders to support these troops going overseas.''

Back