• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PEIR

surprisingly enough...no!  I'm still a lean mean drinking machine, just wearing blue now!

CaseySheppard said:
Lets see............ a 33 year old MAMS geek.....

RE gramps my phone # is on its way

I too am a 33 yr old MAMS geek. Got the number, I will call you next week sometime. Cheers.

Now that was a good trip for sure.

How about the Great Invasion of the Illes des Madilaines?

- Piping Plover... err, KFC on the beach?

- One of the H. brothers getting into it with... just about everybody.

- The little "accident" with 41's sleeping bag?

- Me and Bolt making Dave MacD. sleep with his head outside the tent so he'd at least puke outside?

And speaking of the H. brothers, how about the other one's nocternal activities under the ML at Sussex?

DG

RecceDG said:
How about the Great Invasion of the Illes des Madilaines?

- Piping Plover... err, KFC on the beach?

- One of the H. brothers getting into it with... just about everybody.

- The little "accident" with 41's sleeping bag?

- Me and Bolt making Dave MacD. sleep with his head outside the tent so he'd at least puke outside?

And speaking of the H. brothers, how about the other one's nocternal activities under the ML at Sussex?

DG

Ahhh the memories, of course some of them would be nice to forget but the majority of them are good ones. What about J. Smallman, anyone hear of him lately either? Now that guy could make you laugh.

The last time I saw him (which was quite a few years ago) he was working at the Mall in Charlottetown and going to school for graphic design. Then all of a sudden he disappeared.

Hey Mover1, I see you are looking at this thread, better not let the boss see you looking at the green pages, he might send you home to think about what you have done.

Gramps said:
The last time I saw him (which was quite a few years ago) he was working at the Mall in Charlottetown and going to school for graphic design. Then all of a sudden he disappeared.

He dropped out of the course...IIRC, when he released from the Reserves, he got his money and partied too much or something.  Last I seen him he was still working as a cleaner at the Confed Court mall foodcourt...

Mud Recce Man said:
He dropped out of the course...IIRC, when he released from the Reserves, he got his money and partied too much or something.  Last I seen him he was still working as a cleaner at the Confed Court mall foodcourt...
My God I don't know how he is still alive. I remember when he was living in a two room apartment with a dog the size of a small horse.

Hey mud recce you where teaching on the GMT where Jim came in all messed up and was trying to teach mark time weren't you. I can remember watching that and laughing my butt off , everytime he called out mark time he would march off in a different direction

1976-1977.

Had a ball, only reason I joined the Regular Army.

Go Recce!

1990-2000. I must say it was a lot of fun and I met some great people. I had no idea there were this many former and serving members on army.ca.

sigtech said:
My God I don't know how he is still alive. I remember when he was living in a two room apartment with a dog the size of a small horse.

Hey mud recce you where teaching on the GMT where Jim came in all messed up and was trying to teach mark time weren't you. I can remember watching that and laughing my butt off , everytime he called out mark time he would march off in a different direction

...with...the course, in 3 ranks, standing at attention so they couldn't even see him?  Oh ya, I remember Rick J falling off the roll of coco-matting in the QM too.

It went something like this IIRC...

~course in 3 ranks, at attention~

Jim:  Ok troops, pay attention to my demonstration!
Jim (at attention himself now)  Instructor and Instructor only....MARRRRRRRRRRRK....TIME!  (Jim steps off in quick time...troops at attention, head and eyes to the front, Jim now marching past them...)
Jim:  Maarrrrrkkkkk....TIME!  (Jim does a not-too-bad About Turn in Quick Time...now marching PAST the course again...still at attention...Rick falls off coco-matting at this point laughing behnd the course).
Jim:  (still in Quick time but now completely passed the entire course and about to leave the entire QM area)  MARKKKKKKKKKK TIME!

entire staff now heading for corners where students can't hear or see them...Jim now mad as hell...

Jim:  Alright, let's try that again and pay attention this time!

snickers from the corners...

Jim:  (at attention again, students also still)  Instructor and Instructor only...MARKKKKKKKKKKKK TIME!

Jim promptly steps off in Quick Time again in front of the course...I think I headed out the building at that point...

Later that day...Jim is berating a student for something...

"If I wasn't so hungover, I'd yell at you!".

The man was excellent in the field though.  Well, except the Phase course he was enemy force on.  All he had to do was...pull his c/s onto Summer Hill, throw some pyro at the course that was advancing from Claria...and w/draw.  Contact done.  Jim went to the top of Summer Hill...facing McKinney Defile...popped smoke and withdrew...towards the Course as opposed to away from it.

And IIRC, the 2nd time he did it was when the Crse WO REALLY lost it at him   :rofl:

God, I could tell Jim stories all day.  There was the time he was mad, but drinking, so he didn't want to drive the van...so he ripped the door off his fridge...

Anyone else remember him living in his van behind H-21 the summer of '92, and he would sit and have his coffee and smoke in the morning with the door open when all the Phase courses would go by from the Inf School and he would be sitting there in his old house-coat smoking with the side door of the van open listening to the news with that mega-long extension cord plugged into H-20 so he had power?

1989-1994:  B Sqn (that outta get a rise out of Likely eh?  :rofl:).

B Sqn is...disbanded/closed, we became 3 Tp, D Sqn.

1994-1999:  3 Tp (and 4 Tp for a week.  That was when our Airborne Engineer FRP type was the only thing in 4 Tp.  No wpns, no kit, no troops, just him :blotto:)

1999-2001:  1 Tp and 2 Tp.  (IIRC, I had 2 Tp with Doug 99-00 and Likely had 1 Tp I think with Sean)  Bernie was sent to the Kit Shop   ::) shortly after RSM V.I. showed up after leaving the Crazy 8's IIRC...

2001- present:  hard time with no chance for parole at Bde HQ.  Still wearing the Brass though, so its all good.

~Parva Sub Ingenti~

Back