• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay: Statements, Backpay, Benefits, Deductions (Taxes, T4), Deployed ect... [MERGED]

ArmyVern said:
But when you rolled to the pilot pay scale, your new incentive would begin there; you went to a new pay table - that should be your new effective date for incentive.

That's the slow, painful realization I'm coming to as well.  Too bad, I had big plans for that extra $40 after tax......

Back dated promotion or not means nothing with regards to incentives, the effective date is all that matters. According to your last post I re-affirm that your incentive should kick in 30 May 08.  See your Orderly Room! Pilots often have their own criteria's in early DP's until he/she receives her/his Wings, and only by verifying your Pers File could I make a firm determination.

Vern, yes he would go to the equiavlent or next higher incentive (in $ value) to where he is and yes would begin receiving incentives from there ... based on what we know. That is to say unless there are other issues relating to his situation which we are not in the know about. Only his OR could sort this out by confirming the information on his Pers File.

FinClk said:
Back dated promotion or not means nothing with regards to incentives, the effective date is all that matters. According to your last post I re-affirm that your incentive should kick in 30 May 08.  See your Orderly Room! Pilots often have their own criteria's in early DP's until he/she receives her/his Wings, and only by verifying your Pers File could I make a firm determination.

Vern, yes he would go to the equiavlent or next higher incentive (in $ value) to where he is and yes would begin receiving incentives from there ... based on what we know. That is to say unless there are other issues relating to his situation which we are not in the know about. Only his OR could sort this out by confirming the information on his Pers File.

See, I knew you'd be along ... and I don't mind a bit.  :)

Spanks are good every now and then to those who deserve them.  ;D

Round and round we go
I suspect Vern is right: because we moved to a new compensation table the 1 year is reset. There's a CBI that I recall reading yesterday that supports this. Pilots complete MOC training, get promoted and pinned the same day, which is often over 3 years(time in Capt promo) from enrollment so the effective date is earlier and we're backpaid to the effective date. Since we were not MOC trained until pin day, the backpay is at GSO and on the pin date we qualify for the pilot pay table.

The OR is on it, at any rate, and hopefully will have a resolution by the time I return from TD.

Thanks all for the help!

hmmm - without eyeballing all the messages I will venture this much at the moment -

it sounds to me like there is actually 2 things happening here but your earlier post does not bear this out (.....see, I'm paid on the pilot pay scale, but was promoted and back paid as Capt. GSO) :

1. promo back dated as a GSO

2. change of MOC to pilot upon completion MOC Qual crse

pin on date is a red herring term - it just happens to correspond to the grad and MOC change date. Lets say just before pin on you suddenly got extremely sick and the medics rushed you to the hospital where you were held for week.  Upon getting free from there they hold a seperate pin on for you - I am sure that this would have no bearing on your IPC or Pay. Your new MOC would still be effective the course completion/grad day and thus your pay/ipc would be the same.

CBI 204.215 is the one on pay of Pilots Capt up. I looked in both CBI and CFAO and could not find anything in there that would have you go from pilot Lt pay to GSO Capt pay to pilot Capt pay. What refs does the promo msg have?  That will most likely have the key in it.

My wife asked me a question I wasnt too sure on,so I decided to come here and try to find the answer.
My last deployment was tax free,however we just recieved the money back at the end of the year at tax time.
From what someone told her nowadays our pay comes into our bank account with our full gross pay every 15 days with no money taken off for taxes.Is this true?

Did it show up on your first pay while deployed?

Just trying to plan ahead a bit to get every bill we owe paid off,and pour our foundation on the rock!

Thanks

You receive it as you earn it now but it probably won't start until your second month.

It's kind of complex, but I'll try to simplify it without going too far wrong.

You get your pay tax free as soon as the risk allowance is entered. Your pay is then deposited to your pay guide "sans tax". At the end of the year, you will get a tax refund as well because you paid too much tax relative to the amount of taxable income. Sound confusing? Here's how it works...

The CF taxes us at a relatviely fixed amout of 1/12 our tax liabiltiy each month. When you are on deployment (lets use 6 months), you will have paid each of your first 6/12 as if the entire year was liable for tax. The wierd fact is that 6/12 of 100% of pay is more than 6/6 of 50% pay, because you get closer to the point where your basic personal exemption and emplyment credits drops you into the lowest tax bracket.

Again, an oversimplification, but the end result is that we actually get two tax breaks by going on tour... the immediate one, and the delayed one.

Mike

Excellent guys thanks so much.
I guess the second month pay you would not recieve the money from the month prior,and that it would come out at end year tax time?

Thanks Modlrmike,its mornin for me,sipping my timmys it still made sense. ;D

Once Ottawa has done the electronic pay run, no further action can occur against that month's pay. Anything that goes on the pay guide will be for succeeding months, although it's possible to see a "rebate" on the tax free portion of the first month. I don't know the system well enough to stake any real claim on that though.

ModlrMike said:
Once Ottawa has done the electronic pay run, no further action can occur against that month's pay.
Close but not completely accurate, the tax exemption is credited at the same time as the Risk Allow is activated. Therefore it will be added on the next pay which could be in the same month. And the pre-determined pay has to be edited to include the additional tax monies or it won't be added.

FinClk said:
Close but not completely accurate, the tax exemption is credited at the same time as the Risk Allow is activated. Therefore it will be added on the next pay which could be in the same month. And the pre-determined pay has to be edited to include the additional tax monies or it won't be added.

minor change - therefore it will should be added - unfortunately not all clerks will do the job to ensure this happens.

Hence why I added the caveat that the PDP had to be amended. To add to yours, and not all supervisors will ensure their staff are well aware of this requirement.

A quick note on this is that the pay clerks should ensure that the Risk Allowance is started ASAP. No retroactive adjustment will be made by the CCPS. Ie: If RA is started 1 month late, CCPS will not credit back the taxes for the prior month.

Meddling again :)

OK I joined the military AUGUST 09 as DEO Infantry.

I Went to IAP/BOTP August 25.

Promoted to 2LT from OCDT at the end of IAP/BOTP on December 14.

I have been getting paid as a 2LT the entire time including when I was OCDT.

Anyone know what date my incentive is suppose to increase?

So far I have been assuming that it would be August 25 and would be reflected on my September pay statement but still getting paid at the same incentive level as always.

Is it going to be December 14?

Anyone able to shine some light on this matter?

Intial IPC would be your COS date, after that your IPC would increase on the date you where promoted.

Think you should flag it and tell your Pay Clerk. I know I had to this year as they forgot to increase my IPC.

EDITED TO ADD

COS = Come on Strength

Not sure if this term is used in the Regular Force, in the Reserve Force it means the date you joined the unit after completing everything from the CFRC.

Back