• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Osama Bin Laden Dead

KDssc.jpg

+1 on bon laden

Therses plenty to indicat e you shouldn't be too cheerful about the other

e.g.How many layers on the pdf??

The clincher SEEMS  to be that the statehas certified it as authentic

Intersting times

May 1st 2011.

We got him.

May the families of the victims of 9/11, and those who have lost loved ones in the War on Terror sleep just a bit easier on this night. For there is one less Monster under the bed.

So, it's a given that some many of us will be consuming some a lot of fire-water tonight. Remember folks, don't get so into it that tomorrow you stay in bed all day, and forget to go vote. Just sayin'.

Watched this unfold on the news tonight, was about damn time. Drinks being had to the brave men and women who made his death possible. 

I am sure I don't need to remind anyone however that this day has come after the death of 155 servicemen/women who will forever be better human beings than the adversary.  :cdn: RIP to the 155

Rogo said:
Watched this unfold on the news tonight, was about damn time. Drinks being had to the brave men and women who made his death possible. 

I am sure I don't need to remind anyone however that this day has come after the death of 155 servicemen/women who will forever be better human beings than the adversary.  :cdn: RIP to the 155

+1

This to me is the vindication that our 155 brothers and sisters have not died in vain.  :salute:

The glass I raised to the fallen tonight did however taste just a little better.... may their families, and those who have suffered by the hands and mind of this monster find peace in his death.

Tommy said:
That is a terrible photoshop.... there is no way that is an official picture...

Yeah, it's fake. Been circulating around the net.

Sapplicant said:
What happens to the bounty that was on his head?

since a navy seal team conducted the killing no money there but its possible someone in the small town gave some info that could be worth the $25 000 000. They mentioned the bounty on CNN and had no details on it yet,

Couple of interesting quotes from BBC:

"A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea, although this has not been confirmed."

I guess being one bird short , they had to ditch some weight on the ride home :p

Also:

"The Abbottabad residence is just 700m (800 yards) from the Pakistan Military Academy - the country's equivalent of West Point."

I know someone mentioned it was in the AO, but 700m?! thats just ridiculous!

HavokFour said:
Oddly enough, May 1st is the same day Hitler was killed in 1945.
Hitler killed himself on 30 April, 1945.

Wow, today is going to be a good day!!!!!!!!

shared with provisions of The Copyright Act

Bin Laden death stirs mixed emotions in Saudi Arabia
By Abeer Allam in Riyadh  May 2 2011 10:33
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dcd80506-7498-11e0-8988-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1LBi19Xgs
In the land of his birth, reports of the death of Saudi-born Osama bin Laden in Pakistan surfaced early on Monday morning, sparking mixed emotions ranging from cheers, mourning, denial, to a stream of conspiracy theories.
---
---
I am not sure he was actually killed. Why wasn’t he displayed like Saddam? Why are they taking his body? It is disrespectful.”
---
---
more at link...
*copy and paste headline in search engine

Well well.  I was here on course at CFNES on my QL5 when 9/11 happened and I am once again here on a career course.  The circle has been closed.

A banner day indeed.  Our turn to go out in the streets and shout for joy.

Here is the last night's Globe and Mail, updated today.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/americas/us-led-operation-kills-osama-bin-laden-body-buried-at-sea/article2006299/page3/

His death may not diminish the Taliban insurgency, which portrays itself as an Afghan nationalist jihad against foreign invaders, and could inspire a new spasm of violence in reaction to what they will likely call the martyrdom of a Muslim idol.

I suspect this statement may very well happen.

What is an interesting reaction in Pakistan is outrage that the US mounted an operation in their country NOT that OBL was found living comfortably in one of their cities just a short distance from a police station and a military academy.The outrage ought to be how corrupt the security forces were.

Back