• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunity to update the CC-150 fleet?

Interesting summer for the fleet.

and now the PM getting a first-hand taste of what the CAF has to deal with. Old, broken down equipment. Embarassment.

and now the PM getting a first-hand taste of what the CAF has to deal with. Old, broken down equipment. Embarassment.

I’m guessing that isn’t the first time the PM was affected, and I’m guessing he didn’t even notice when the RCAF scrambled for alternatives.

Interesting summer for the fleet.

but he will soon have a new(er) bigger a/c and knows it so he will learn nothing from the experience

You forgot to apologize for them being built on native land or whatever it is they are saying now
Ah, right...

I know this isn't new information for most of the members here, but basically every university/college student in BC is required to 'Thank and Show Gratitude to the local indigenous peoples and acknowledge that they are on their land' before giving any presentations to their classmates, or at the beginning of any form of public speaking (including presenting a project to their class, or speaking at any school event, etc)

I imagine apologizing for things on this same land is also a requirement for something, somewhere...

(An ex-girlfriend of mine that I'm incredibly proud did a year of U of Victoria in 2013. She was born & raised in small town southern Alberta in the Bible belt, and shared some things from out there that surprised a lot of us at the time)

Can you be more specific? When you say she shared "some things from out there", do you mean UVIC or her Southern Alberta small town ?

The Ottawa Aviation Facebook Group has some photos taken of the interior of one the new CC-330s

Attachments

• cc330-11.jpg
    cc330-11.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 36
  • cc330-10.jpg
    cc330-10.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 32
  • cc330-09.jpg
    cc330-09.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 34
  • cc330-08.jpg
    cc330-08.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 37
  • cc330-07.jpg
    cc330-07.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 37
  • cc330-06.jpg
    cc330-06.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 39
  • cc330-03.jpg
    cc330-03.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 34
  • cc330-02.jpg
    cc330-02.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 34
Can you be more specific? When you say she shared "some things from out there", do you mean UVIC or her Southern Alberta small town ?
Oh, just that the general 'vibe' out there is very mellow and relaxed - which is true of small town southern Alberta as well, just in different ways. (Ex in BC marijuana & drug use is viewed upon much more casually than in Mormon territory of southern Alberta)

In regards to thanking the indigenous peoples for allowing them to study on their lands & acknowledging that those lands do infact belong to the indigenous peoples - thats just something we didn't do growing up here in Alberta.

In Alberta, I have never witnessed a presentation in university where before the subject matter is presented, the presenter took the time to thank the indigenous people for allowing us to be on their land.

When I visited her in BC and watched one of her presentations, there wasn't a single student who did not to do this.

Just stuff like that

I am no expert, but that looks like a write-off to me, given the age of the aircraft…

Nah, they fixed it pretty quick. Pretty sure that airframe was involved in a rejected takeoff a month later in Calgary.

Back