• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunity to update the CC-150 fleet?

Interesting summer for the fleet.

and now the PM getting a first-hand taste of what the CAF has to deal with. Old, broken down equipment. Embarassment.

cant they fire the "new" CC-330-02 up to go pick them up? Training issue? Rent a pilot?

cant they fire the "new" CC-330-02 up to go pick them up? Training issue? Rent a pilot?

Send the oldest Challenger we have to pick up sock boy and his kid, RCAF doing it's part to tackle climate change, two people don't need an airliner. Yes I realize the PM has his dog and pony show following him around.

Send the oldest Challenger we have to pick up sock boy and his kid, RCAF doing it's part to tackle climate change, two people don't need an airliner. Yes I realize the PM has his dog and pony show following him around.
are the challengers even certified to leave NA now? There was doubt as to whether the avionics would be upgraded a while back

are the challengers even certified to leave NA now? There was doubt as to whether the avionics would be upgraded a while back
2 of the Challengers are newish I think. Pretty sad really. Its a good thing we are looking at cutting the defence budget again:confused:, maybe we should just leave the PM there

edit looks like they are picking them up

Last edited:
20230911_092955.jpg
So this is the best table in the flying Taj Mahal in 2013. I'm surprised they didn't have plastic cutlery. Did they have to serve themselves?

2 of the Challengers are newish I think. Pretty sad really. Its a good thing we are looking at cutting the defence budget again:confused:, maybe we should just leave the PM there

edit looks like they are picking them up

Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

I didn’t grab a screenshot, but about 18 hours ago we had both a CC-150 and a Challenger eastbound over the Atlantic. The 150 was headed to Rome, the Challenger to Paris. Not sure where the Challenger was onward to or if it’s related to this.

But yeah, pretty bare kitchen cupboard. Embarrassing . Those 330s can’t get up and running fast enough.

I didn’t grab a screenshot, but about 18 hours ago we had both a CC-150 and a Challenger eastbound over the Atlantic. The 150 was headed to Rome, the Challenger to Paris. Not sure where the Challenger was onward to or if it’s related to this.

But yeah, pretty bare kitchen cupboard. Embarrassing . Those liquified-dinosaur burning, carbon-spewing 330s can’t get up and running fast enough.
😉

I would like to know where they got that information, but okay.

From the same quoted article.

The Polaris remains in Guam and the Air Force is assessing whether the aircraft can be repaired or should be retired.

“As of now, the course of action for the aircraft in question is still being determined,” a DND spokesperson stated.

And from another report.

It is too soon to say whether Canada will have to reimburse France for the damage to its aircraft, and when — or if — the CC150 will return to service.

“The course of action for the aircraft in question is still being determined,” Daniel Le Bouthillier, a spokesperson for the Department of National Defence, told Global News in an email.

From the same quoted article.

And from another report.

I mean sure, if the quotes given to the media were at the same time as the flight safety release. Who knows when the statement was actually made, could’ve been a day or two right after the accident. At this point it doesn’t even matter.

Oh, just that the general 'vibe' out there is very mellow and relaxed - which is true of small town southern Alberta as well, just in different ways. (Ex in BC marijuana & drug use is viewed upon much more casually than in Mormon territory of southern Alberta)

In regards to thanking the indigenous peoples for allowing them to study on their lands & acknowledging that those lands do infact belong to the indigenous peoples - thats just something we didn't do growing up here in Alberta.

In Alberta, I have never witnessed a presentation in university where before the subject matter is presented, the presenter took the time to thank the indigenous people for allowing us to be on their land.

When I visited her in BC and watched one of her presentations, there wasn't a single student who did not to do this.

Just stuff like that
BC is a special case with respect to land acknowledgements because there are no treaties in place currently in the mainland, unlike Alberta and most of the rest of Canada.
1699164706594.png

Actually that map above out of date in regards to BC and treaties. these are modern treaties signed and in progress

BCTC-territory-map.jpg

Given the amount of Work-in-Progress there I'm not sure that BdaDug's map is that out of date.

Back