• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operator "Shorty" Tactical Gloves by Hatch Corp.

Seamus449

Inactive
Reaction score
What do you guys and gals think of them? Not only for military applications though, civilian as well, range, motorcycling, ect. Also, has anyone bought the "Shorty" version and wished that they had of gotten the original with the gauntlet? Or vice versa? Thanks!

Crap.

Poor sewing/stichign and general poor quality materials used.

Go with the Flight Gloves or the CF Mortar Glove

I've got good service out of mine.

I went thru 2 in one month -- I have had four other sets -- I gave up and decided that the Flight gloves where better and worst case when they wear -- you can get a buddy (pilot or someelse on flight status) to exchange them

So we're 50/50 so far. I really do need something that I can wear a lot and not have it come apart on me with less than a few months use, ideally a few years use  :-X I like my gloves to fit tightly, "like a glove" in fact, without insulation or a whole lot of padding. So if anyone doesn't recommend the Hatch gloves then maybe they could make a recommendation of their own if they have one to offer.

PM farmboy -- he has a deal with Raper gloves the ones who does the CF Flight and Mortar gloves...

had mine for about 8 months now; now the stitching is starting to pull. The gloves have been quite good to me and saved my hands on a couple occasions, i would buy another pair. But i think ill try out the flight gloves KevinB is talking about next.

Alot of guys seem to have the same view of gloves as they do of BDU's,.......... disposable.

However they need not be.  The Raber gloves are very high quality, and will last you quite awhile.

We just recieved a sample of, Nomex, Neoprene etc. gloves from a different maker (not Hatch) and the stiching in the palm ripped as I pulled the gloves on. They would retail for about $24. Needless to say they are being shipped back.

They would be great for guys who see gloves as disposable, or don't have them for "hard use" but for guys who want something that will stand up.........

I think they are great.  I have them in black, and use them most days on duty.  I have always wanted to try the Blackhawk gloves though... they look top notch.

I have the "full" ones and i loved them.  They're really fit, no need to remove them all the time.

Try the Southwest Motorsports Friction Fighter gloves from Tactical Tailor.  Best pair of nomex gloves I ever bought, though they run around 100 bucks canadian.

Lol thats a bit too much for me, I'm not looking to spend a whole lot more than $50-$60. For those of you that have had the Hatch tactical gloves I'm looking for some fitting information. Maybe you can tell me the size you take and the size you take in a common peice of military kit to give me a general idea of the size as I'm going to have to order them online and I'd rather not go through the whole refunding process heh.

I use nomax flight gloves(US issue OD ones), there pretty good, tight fit. They're only good in warmer weather though, not really meant to keep your hands warm in colder conditions, especially if they get wet. They hold up pretty good for me; if you're looking for a tight fitting glove to wear in warmer weather, the flight gloves are a good option IMO.

I will bow to KevinB, as he probably has put the Hatch ones to much greater abuse than me.

But for me, the hatch have serve me well. Stiching is not fantastic, but has not come undone. I like that it shields me form cold metal parts, without cutting much of the feel. Grip is good too. Fits nice and snug, not much stretching.

Take into consideration that I put mine throught only minor use. Range, week end field ex, driving and other misc light duty.

No one should EVER consider these for street motorcycle use. They will shield your hands from the wind, thats about it.

I have the shorty operators one.

I've got a pair of riding specific gloves, but they're stiff for race style riding and aren't as flexible as I'd like for low speed maneuvering practice. The gloves I have now are just thin little leather ones that really couldn't be much better, but thin is how they should be for that sort of thing, I'm not to worried about grinding any digits off on the asphalt at 10-15 km/h heh. Thanks for the reply though, I'm going to take it into consideration because I'll probably end up putting them through similar wear.

Back