• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op PRESENCE/Mali (Cdn mission/s, sitreps, etc. - merged)

hagan_91 said:
Yes your right, they should have most influence.

No, you are still 100% bloody wrong.  :facepalm:  Please read more and post less until you at least finish elementary school.

Other then saying a worthy experience because I dont know what kind of experience it is, yes I am. I have a broad understanding of the world and think my knowledge is suffient enough to express my opinion.

E.R. Campbell said:
No, you are still 100% bloody wrong.  :facepalm:  Please read more and post less until you at least finish elementary school.

No its not wrong, just because YOUR opinion is different , and believe everyday people should have say in things they have no clue about, does not mean I'm wrong for my belief in that qualified people should be able vote.

Some days I hate the internet.

It's like wrestling with a pig, everyone gets covered in sh*t, and the pig is the only one to really enjoy it.

You people cant handle the fact that not everyone shares your opinions. When will this country wake up. Were rotting from the inside out. Democracy needs to be revised. This isnt a day an age where the majority has there nose in politics. Media has made sure that our focus is far from the current stage of our country. Soldiers fight and die there, and get no influence. The people who sit on there ass and play Call of duty all day, and watch fashion tv all night influence a situation like this, that dont even know where mali is let alone whats going on there.

'The SKY is FALLING!!' Where is that chicken little emotion, anyway?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/01/04/wrd-mali-islamist-ansar-dine-ceasefire-military.html

What a world we live in, when facts, experience and knowledge can be dismissed as simple opinion.

hagan_91 said:
You people cant handle the fact that not everyone shares your opinions. When will this country wake up. Were rotting from the inside out. Democracy needs to be revised. This isnt a day an age where the majority has there nose in politics. Media has made sure that our focus is far from the current stage of our country. Soldiers fight and die there, and get no influence. The people who sit on there ass and play Call of duty all day, and watch fashion tv all night influence a situation like this, that dont even know where mali is let alone whats going on there.

Well why don't you be idle no more and do something about it?

There's a dude in Ontario who wants to protect the Arctic from the Commies, give him a call and team up.

Yup, you're the only one in step.

How many times have you read Starship Troopers??? It's fiction......

One of the hallmarks of a democracy is that the military answers to the elected officials. I would suspect that almost every serving soldier in the CF supports that system.  We go where we are told, and we do what we are told. We are a tool for the elected government to use in achieving the will of the people.

If you cannot accept or handle this fact, do not join the CF, there is no place for you.

To Hagan_91, I'm guessing you're about 21.  I know you think you know a lot about politics and that you know more than the average person, it is good to have a strong opinion about something.  However, I am going to tell you something, I remember being 21-22ish graduating from university with a political science degree from RMC, thinking I knew lots about politics and military use.  I now have 9 years in the army and I realize I knew nothing back then compared to now.  I've learned so much from actually being in the army, serving with NCOs and Officers who have been in longer than me, and from actually deploying on operations.  What you think is black and white is very much grey, you have no idea the decisions facing military and political leaders. As a pending soldier, you're gonna have to learn to swallow your pride and realize when you have lost an argument and be able to take advice from senior professionals who actually have experience and knowledge in the field that you are discussing.

Also, proper grammar check can go a long way to not discredit your arguments, I'd say about your last 5 posts have had major grammatical mistakes.

Theres no argument here, just that people cant accept that i have a different opinion on how things should run. I'm entitled to my opinion, respect that and move on.

Hagan91, I foresee a time in the future,  say 10 or 20 years from now, you will say to yourself; 'Jeez, I was an idiot back then, I hope those people I insulted forgave me for my stupidity'.

hagan_91 said:
Theres no argument here, just that people cant accept that i have a different opinion on how things should run. I'm entitled to my opinion, respect that and move on.

You really need to read what you post better. If you mean something else then you'd better improve at communicating that.

Some listening silence ought to help with this, and give our members a break.

hagan_91 said:

No, what we "can't handle" is people with silly, sophomoric, uninformed and ill considered opinions ideas who try to fob them off as something they are not.

In my estimation - many years of experience and a pretty good education (and the rank to prove I had both plus reasonable judgement) - you are not yet qualified to have opinions on anything much beyond Justin Bieber vs. Beyonce.

All the arguing and bombast in the world is not going to make your opinions valid.

And, with that:

:ignore:

hagan_91 said:

Absolutely you have a right to your opinion, and to express it, as we do ours.  You've stated it, it has been rebutted, and you continue to try to ram it down our throats.  That, quite frankly, is getting boring, and is driving this thread rapidly toward the shitter.

Back