• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One way to deal with illegal parking in handicapped spots?

I recall seeing a G Wagen with 4 young troops in it parked in the handicapped parking at the McDonalds in Oromocto (Gateway)

Snaketnk said:
I recall seeing a G Wagen with 4 young troops in it parked in the handicapped parking at the McDonalds in Oromocto (Gateway)
The IA in that sort of case is to point out to the young lads that they are in contravention of the law and their behavior reflects poorly on the CF.

Then take the senior one's name, and unit, write it down and inform them his RSM can expect a phone call.

Snaketnk said:

PM me a CFR and I can trace it. Just sayin...  ;D

As for the Gateway area, their are a lot of "eyes" looking around there. I use to drive the military buses, and anyone can park at the Gateway legally. Or even park over at Jungle Jim's and walk over. That is what we usually do in our trade. Since it's easier to park, and leave. It just creates more walking, which I'm sure some of the MSE Ops do need.  ;D

You could also take this guys approach...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm63NtXhZJE

But not in uniform ;)

A few years ago I was entering my Legion when I saw a member/vet who lost a leg somewhere and is getting older and shaky on his good one looking for a parking spot. None were open in the upper lot, but I did see a van in a handicap spot that had its placard but knowing the placard was for there 4 year old son and not for eather parrent I told the vet a spot was about to open. I walked in to the bar area and in my best imitation of a RSM I asked if any one could give me the number for the local tow truck. I started to make said call explaining to the dispatcher that there was a van parked in the #4 handicap spot at the legion that needed to be towed. At this point I was confronted by the offenders saying they have a handicap parking permit and can park there. to this I responded OH so you have your 4 year old son here with you at the the bar, where is he? I'd like to buy him a drink. All this wile still on the phone with the tow company.needless to say he moved his van fast and the vet got the spot and to this day that little troll has never misused a handicap parking spot.

my72jeep said:
At this point I was confronted by the offenders saying they have a handicap parking permit and can park there.

Good on ya!

Under Ontario law, the accessible parking Permit (APP) may only be used to allow a vehicle to park in a designated space if the person for whom it was issued is being transported in the vehicle.  Misuse of the permit will result in fines ranging from $300 to $5,000 and revoked APP privileges.  ServiceOntario may cancel or refuse to issue a replacement permit if it is misused.

Love it - some excellent actions taken.

In one of my prior lifes I worked security at the Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth for a stint over the xmas holidays and of course we had a heavy snowfall.  They sent us out to watch the parking lots, keep traffic moving and try to keep people from parking where they shouldn't.  Problem was they didn't give us tickets to issue (the mall gave the excuse that if the ticket was fought they would have to cover it) or radios to call for assistance.  My area was a main door with a couple handicap parking spots that everyone wanted (they were already filled when I took over the area by non-handicap drivers).  I watched a man in a wheelchair try to make his way from the far end of the parking lot piled with snow because those spots were taken.  After myself and his wife helped him out I determined to keep those spots cleared once they opened.  Didn't take long and sure enough a guy in a nice new pickup tried taking one.  When I told him he wasn't allowed to park there he looked me over, noticed I didn't have a radio or a ticket book and asked what I was going to do if he did park there.  Not being a total dummy I responded that obviously he already knew there wasn't a lot I could do except garuntee him that every piece of glass in his truck would be smashed by the time he returned.  He parked in front instead, i warned him that if the police came they may ticket and tow him but at least nothing would be damaged.  He carried on.

Pregnant parking spots have come in handy on occassion for us but are even more abused than the handicap spots.  As for 3 hours crawling the mall - most of our time was sitting or using the wheelchairs most places have. Family parking the same - when you have a baby and the weather is crap it is nice to have but highly abused.    Some places have the Pregnant/new mother spots that are the same.  All of these are highly abused as they are not bylawed enforced merely niceties the shops offer on an honour system.

CountDC said:
Pregnant parking spots .... Family parking the same...
People don't choose to be handicapped; I have no heartache there.

If someone chooses to be pregnant/have multiple kids, why should everyone else bear additional burdens because of their lifestyle choice? It's not like the planet's population is dwindling, so that there should be benefits for breeding.

It's not only the Handicap Parking spots that are abused and not meaning to stretch this further but what really pi$$ed me off also was what was happening at a certain Air Force location in Ontario and probably many other locations also.

The spots were generally available for the handicapped, as my wife used to use a mobility scooter we had the permit to use these spots but in the winter time using that scooter to plough through the snow only to find some moron has parked at the sidewalk ramp to access the grocery store for a "quick" purchase.!! 
Laziness and disrespectful IMHO.!

Venting done.!

tumblr_m4pl3tB3pC1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

Nice.  ::)

Journeyman said:
Or perhaps they responded to a crime?

Someone parking in the handicap stall?,,,,just asking.....

:dunno:  I just see two Sheriff's cars parked in a skewed manner close to the door of some apparent business establishment

....as though they both arrived in a hurry and were not concerned about passing the parking portion of their drivers' exam.

I keep thinking I should get myself a gray grease pencil to write or draw lines on stupidly parked cars.  It wouldn't do any real damage (you can wipe it off with a soft cloth), but it would look like someone had keyed the paint job.  The ones that really burn my butt are the a$$holes who think their cars are so precious that they deserve to take up multiple spaces (i.e. straddle the lines) so no one will park too close to them.

Pusser said:
I keep thinking I should get myself a gray grease pencil to write or draw lines on stupidly parked cars.  It wouldn't do any real damage (you can wipe it off with a soft cloth), but it would look like someone had keyed the paint job.  The ones that really burn my butt are the a$$holes who think their cars are so precious that they deserve to take up multiple spaces (i.e. straddle the lines) so no one will park too close to them.

Ran across one of those one day years ago in Oromocto Mall parking lot.  I parked my large Ford Van two inches from their driver door, and went shopping.  I was returning to my van when I noticed the driver walking around their vehicle.  They couldn't figure out how to get into their car.......although the passenger side was easy to access.  Suddenly I "remembered that I had forgot to pick something up in the mall" and went back to buy a chocolate bar.  Taking a long detour to let the a..Hole climb over their shifter and drive away, I returned to a van with lots of room to get in from all sides. 

Teamwork helps too.....Got a friend .......Park both your cars a couple of inches away on both sides of the a..holes and sit back and watch the fun.  >:D

On another note;  in Ottawa, I am amazed at how RETARDED the majority of drivers are.  Majority can't plan their drive past their noses.  Signal lights are optional.  Stop Signs mean YIELD, and Yield Signs mean STOP.  City buses are exempt Stop Signs and Red Lights.  People hog the LEFT lane on the highways.  Cell Phone Laws don't apply in city limits.  Oh, how the list goes on.  I think most go their Lic out of a box of Cracker Jacks, as surely the Driver Examiners in this Region are more professional than that, to pass these morons.

Journeyman said:
:dunno:  I just see two Sheriff's cars parked in a skewed manner close to the door of some apparent business establishment

....as though they both arrived in a hurry and were not concerned about passing the parking portion of their drivers' exam.

That's a possibility, I guess, although the vehicle on the left doesn't look very "skewed" to me.

Pusser said:

Get chalk instead......

tumblr_m4kngmbioM1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

;D

PMedMoe said:
That's a possibility, I guess, although the vehicle on the left doesn't look very "skewed" to me.

Get chalk instead......

tumblr_m4kngmbioM1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

;D

Love it!

Back