• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Old LBV back in use in Afghanistan (now Arid CADPAT)?!

From what I saw MP's and HUMINT pers had them - and used them to dress up all super ninja secret squirrley  ::)

I mean the combat jacket with the sleeves cut off vest is WORSE than the TV... 

Wow, they brought that piece of crap back?  I wore that thing for 6 months and I can attest to its shittiness; lucky all I had to do was run roadblocks and check out the cafes....

Someone turn down the suck and send the phone-number to lightfighter.com to NDHQ.

I got my first look at an AR CADPAT LBV today, and I get issued my own tomorrow. The other guys in my section have been using them for a few days now...

So far, the decision has been unanimous among the troops on the ground - JUNK!!!

Ghostwalk said:
So far, the decision has been unanimous among the troops on the ground - JUNK!!!

As it was when we got them issued in Bosnia.....

I used the "jean jacket" in Afghanistan in '03.  CCCRRRAAAPPP.  Especilly in a vehicle.  CCCRRRAAAPPP!!! I like the TV/Webbing a lot better.

For those who've never used it, the "Jean Jacket" is basically an Angler's Vest used by Fishermen (not really, but it is the closest comparison).  There is no capability in the thing to properly carry the load of a soldiers gear.

Very silly....

I thought the LBV was no worse than the Tac Vest.  I've only ever worn it in the summer, but over a flak vest so I would have been just as hot if I had been wearing webbing or a Tac Vest.  The LBV's fit was poor, and the TV has the upper hand on this factor.  However, the LBV beat the TV for carrying space.

. . . lack of modularity is the biggest shortfall of both vests. 

Reading between the lines, there's definitely someone at DNDHQ desperately trying to cover their ass, by issuing this piece of junk! Some desk jock reading all the UCRs on the TV, comes to a conclusion that this would be a better solution?? ::)

The supply guys down lovers lane in Julien had these vest for a while.  I think they where a knee jerk reaction to Op Apollo.

Why is it knee jerks always lead to more crap? I would rather have the new TV in AR camo with a legdrop or something.  What a waste of money and about 50 steps back.

JimmyPeOn said:
What a waste of money and about 50 steps back.
Based on the manufacture date sited by armybuck041, these AR CADPAT LBVs predate the TV.   That would have made it a tiny step forward for its day (it is just that never saw the daylight back then).

MCG said:
Based on the manufacture date sited by armybuck041, these AR CADPAT LBVs predate the TV.  That would have made it a tiny step forward for its day (it is just that never saw the daylight back then).
Well, the new TV has been IN USE since at very least May 03.  I'm hoping they put at least a year or two of thought into it. So if they were already working on a new one why go backwards?  Some may say a knee jerk to Op Apollo.  If they were paying attention they would have noticed more than half the battle group using the 82 pattern instead(due to hatred of the LBV) .I just dont see the purpose of issuing that POS again.  Everyone I've ever talked to hated it more than the new one, myself included.

Back