• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OJT opportunities

AEC2016

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can research about OJT opportunities so that I can pass up a memo requesting one that I prefer?  thanks...

There really isn't.  The best you can do is talk to your 'career manager' (for the pilot trade, he isn't a 'real' career manager: dunno about AEC) and people that are doing/have done it.  The only other possibility is to contact places where you are interested in doing it (although you'll really want to be careful with that!).

AEC2016 said:
Does anyone know where I can research about OJT opportunities so that I can pass up a memo requesting one that I prefer?  thanks...

Your profile is blank, so it isn't too easy to give you much help with your question yet.  Where are you at in your training?  Where are you currently (attach) posted to? 

airmich said:
Your profile is blank, so it isn't too easy to give you much help with your question yet.  Where are you at in your training?  Where are you currently (attach) posted to? 

I have done IAP and BOTC and have to wait until after university to do phase 2 AEC in Cornwall.  So meanwhile, in the summers I'm most likely going to get a posting for OJT.

AEC2016 said:
I have done IAP and BOTC and have to wait until after university to do phase 2 AEC in Cornwall.  So meanwhile, in the summers I'm most likely going to get a posting for OJT.

Any chance that you might live in the same city as an airbase?  Because if that is the case, you might have the choice taken out of your hands as to where you will be going.

You say "summers" which I am assuming to mean more then one.  If that is so, that you might want to look at taking the opportunity to check out all of the different aspects of the trade.  Spend a summer in North Bay to see the Weapons side, then a summer or 2 at an airbase to see IFR and VFR.  It is a great opportunity to get a well-rounded view of what is there for when you put together your order of preference for the way you wish to go.

Back